Start fresh! Declutter now through NYE? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 12-28-2009, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'm doing this too! (trying to catch up on 100 things in december . . . )

on saturday, i dropped off a big bag with 29 articles of clothing.

yesterday, i packed up the knife block, dish rack i never use, an unloved coin bank, and a bunch of other miscellany including some dollar store junk from christmas (brand new!) but that stuff is still in my house.

i have lots in the basement to get rid of too.
#32 of 42 Old 12-28-2009, 05:36 PM

I dropped my 5 baskets off this morning, AND picked up a decluttering foster dog yesterday... she chews stuff we leave out so we HAVE to clean up and get rid of extra stuff that does not have a home. Hooray! We're in Northern Virginia and we if anyone wants Elizabeth the hound next

mom to a 7 year old lego fanatic and a 5 year old cross dresser
#33 of 42 Old 12-28-2009, 06:12 PM

I'm in. I'm working on deep cleaning our bedroom today. I went through my closets/drawers last month and got rid of clothing I'm not wearing anymore, so that doesn't need to be done today.

So far I've cleaned out my nightstand drawers, and gone through the pile of DH's dirty clothes in the closet. DH did one sweep through the desk, but I'm going to go through a second time to get rid of *my* crap and I'm also going to attempt to get the file cabinet updated/organized. I was getting a little tired, so I decided to take a break for a couple of minutes and come here for some inspiration.

Okay, back at it...

New signature, same old me: Ann- mama of 2 boys and 2 girls, partnered to a fabulous man.
I'm an unintentional weasel feeder and I suck at proofreading.
#34 of 42 Old 12-28-2009, 07:01 PM

Emptied out the hallway of the bins, etc. that needed to go up to the attic. That took me a bit longer than I expected, because I moved everything around to make more sense. We also made and cleaned up from lunch, and I got sucked in and re-organized a few things in the kitchen cabinets.

Starting on the garage w dh in a few (which I'm not really looking forward to!). And doing laundry in between...

Overall, a pretty productive day.
And I love reading about all of your progress!
#35 of 42 Old 12-29-2009, 11:51 AM

Okay, I have two large trash bags of clothes by the front door for Purple Heart and plan to get more there tonight. My room is looking so much better but not great yet!

Mother of two. : 4/05 and 1/07 Wife of one. : 7/01
#36 of 42 Old 12-29-2009, 12:49 PM

I'm attacking the kitchen today. We are limited on cabinet space, so we already have a limited number of items in there. However, I want to get it labeled so dh and the kids know exactly where everything goes (dh had requested this). I also need new shelf liner - which I don't have. So, I think I'll ask the kids to draw/color some pictures on some of our big blank newspaper and cover it with clear contact paper - homemade shelf liner!

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)
#37 of 42 Old 12-29-2009, 12:50 PM

I'm in!
Everything but the Christmas tree is put away. I should focus on toys. All the new ones are piled neatly on the train table without a home. Instead, I'm going to do what I'm inspired by, bookshelves, my dresser, and one cabinet. DH is encouraging me to bring the toy kitchen into the basment. No one plays with it.
Will update soon.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#38 of 42 Old 12-29-2009, 01:32 PM

havent been officially following the thread but last night got into DD's room and cleaned and made some actual decluttering progress...there's a box full of stuff for goodwill and will try to get some more today!

Writer, teacher, and mama to Rhiannon Morningstar 6/28/05
#39 of 42 Old 12-29-2009, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

I signed up to hopefully start a new Freecycle chapter for my area. We don't have one here!! Does that count? I'll be helping other people declutter too.

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#40 of 42 Old 12-29-2009, 03:17 PM

I'm taking a break from the kitchen. I'm making good progress but it is taking longer than I expected. You would think a small kitchen with limited items wouldn't take long...but I think it is taking longer because of that. I want it to be incredibly efficient, which is difficult to do with an incredibly inefficient kitchen.

#41 of 42 Old 12-29-2009, 09:06 PM

Finished the kitchen! That's the entire house minus the garage. I straightened up in there a bit while the kids played in the snow (trying to warm myself out of the wind while keeping an eye on them). I'll have to wait to really declutter it until we have a warmer day.

#42 of 42 Old 12-29-2009, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Went through the Tupperware drawer. If it doesn't have its matching lid... OUT.

Feeling good about all this New Year de-clutter karma.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page