photos of my decluttered bedroom - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I'm trying to start out the new year in a decluttered home. I was too busy traveling for Christmas and wasn't able to do it before the New Year but this works too. I started with the master bedroom. I really just had to get rid of a couple of piles, clean under the beds, get rid of old underwear that I haven't worn in ages and straighten up the closet. So it wasn't too bad but it did take a couple of hours. I posted it in my blog. I think that will work on the living room/dinning on Saturday. That will also probably take me a couple of hours. Nothing major, just general maintenance.

http://azaleastudio.blogspot.com/

Awesome SAHM to 5-yr-old son,3-yr-old girl and a baby girl. Blog about my home http://azaleastudio.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 02:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Looks great! Very serene.

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 and welcoming a new little one in May 2015
#3 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 02:22 AM

very nice! Your whole house looks uncluttered from the pictures I saw. I also like the clean whiteness of your bedroom.
#4 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 02:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmansions View Post
very nice! Your whole house looks uncluttered from the pictures I saw. I also like the clean whiteness of your bedroom.
The key is to only take pictures when the house is clean
Actually, when I take photos of something I decluttered, it motivates me to keep it that way. And I like taking photos of the kids and don't want a gross background so I try to keep the house clean so that when the kids are doing something interesting I can quickly grab my camera since those moments are usually so brief.

Awesome SAHM to 5-yr-old son,3-yr-old girl and a baby girl. Blog about my home http://azaleastudio.blogspot.com
#5 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 03:29 AM

Very nice! What a great way to start the new year. I was just telling DH when we get home (traveling for the holidays as well) I want to clean, organize, and declutter. In my mind I already have like 5 trash bags filled to take to goodwill . Here's hoping I am still motivated after we unpack.

I love how neat your closet and drawers are, and the under-crib storage of jammies and such is brilliant. Great job!

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#6 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 04:33 AM

Lovely! You clearly have a good eye for design while maintaining a relaxing simplicity. Very nice.
#7 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCakes View Post
Lovely! You clearly have a good eye for design while maintaining a relaxing simplicity. Very nice.
Absolutely! I love it. Your house is really beautiful and you are so blessed to live in a place like that. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

"Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion."-Thich Nhat Hanh 
#8 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 10:32 AM

Great pictures. Lovely home, simple but cozy.
#9 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 02:47 PM

Wow, that looks perfect to me. It is so organized and neat. That is what I want. I want that type of peaceful, simple bedroom. I'm going to have to find time to work on mine!
#10 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 05:36 PM

beautiful! it's my plan to get our bedroom organised and cleaned today.. im just taking a breath after getting the kitchen done..
i hope that i can accomplish as much as you!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#11 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 06:25 PM

Your house is so clean and fresh looking I cant imagine it ever needed decluttered. Looks great I love your blog!
P. S. I love the hard wood floors!

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

#12 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 06:28 PM

Well... I guess this is my cue to get off MDC and go declutter my bedroom, which is the polar opposite of the clean, fresh, breezy bedroom in those photos! Great work -- count me motivated!

To paraphrase Jaws: I'm going to need a bigger bag. Tee hee.

~ Colleen ~ Joyful Unschooling Pagan mama to hearts.gifenergy.gifsuperhero.gifjog.gif and babyf.gif
"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead."
#13 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 07:21 PM

Beautiful bedroom. There's something about white...

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#14 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 07:26 PM

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
looks awesome!

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
#15 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarbebe View Post
The key is to only take pictures when the house is clean
Actually, when I take photos of something I decluttered, it motivates me to keep it that way. And I like taking photos of the kids and don't want a gross background so I try to keep the house clean so that when the kids are doing something interesting I can quickly grab my camera since those moments are usually so brief.
I can totally relate to messy backgrounds in kid's photos... all of our videos showcase not only our lovely children but all the clutter - so now my family all across the globe knows the state of our home! Gah. And that is why I've joined the 5 a day declutter challenge.
#16 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 08:14 PM

I look forward to the day when just a couple hours' work gets my house into that kind of shape. I'm still a couple of stages off from that though! I am also working on my bedroom this week. I'm hoping to even repaint it before the end of the month. Inspirational! Thank you.

"For me, You have created the skies scattered with stars...and all the beautiful things on earth." ~St. Maximilian Kolbe
#17 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 08:37 PM

Beautiful! So inspiring and motivating. I really like your blog as well.

I have a toddler! 7/27/09
#18 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 08:58 PM

I'm inspired by you! My bedroom is on the road to being a lovely place to live today thanks to your pictures!

Mother of two. : 4/05 and 1/07 Wife of one. : 7/01
#19 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 09:30 PM

looks great!

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#20 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 11:04 PM

wow your entire home seems so peaceful yet warm your bedroom makes me wish I didnt have all this "big" loud funiture in mine

... It looks great! I love your Blog

Shelly, Mom to Sophia 5 Nicholas 3 & 2 Angels
Its a GIRL! Alyssa Ann 6/29/10 7lbs 5 oz
#21 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 11:07 PM

thanks for posting that. It looks beautiful. very simple and inspiring.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#22 of 31 Old 01-02-2010, 11:49 PM

Very nice! I am most impressed by your family closet. I *wish* I could declutter my family's clothing to that point!
#23 of 31 Old 01-03-2010, 12:43 AM

Your house is beautiful! I love the way it looks! And, your blog is written beautifully as well! Congrats to you!

Doula & Nanny,  Momma to Hope, my angel baby 6/17/08, and Momma to be- to a little boy, EDD 3.13.13

#24 of 31 Old 01-03-2010, 01:15 AM

Loving Le Creuset!!!!!!!! Mine are Cherry Red!
#25 of 31 Old 01-03-2010, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

I just wanted to thank you guys for the lovely comments. They really mean a lot. Somehow my living room turned into a total mess and I want to get that all straightened up today. I'm trying to decide what to declutter and post next.

#26 of 31 Old 01-03-2010, 01:50 PM

Beautiful home nascarbebe. I especially liked the window treatments in the bedroom. May I ask where they are from?
#27 of 31 Old 01-03-2010, 02:53 PM

Me too. Mine are flame orange!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Close2Me View Post
Loving Le Creuset!!!!!!!! Mine are Cherry Red!

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#28 of 31 Old 01-03-2010, 08:32 PM

It looks beautiful and peaceful.
#29 of 31 Old 01-03-2010, 08:52 PM

I love it when people post pics! Looks awesome, thank you!! One question, I noticed a dog in one picture, and it looks like part of a crate in the corner of your bedroom. Is that right? I really struggle with where to put the dog's crate, and had considered our bedroom, but it just does not seem like a peaceful place for the dog, and I don't want all his hair up there. I keep the dog downstairs, and all of our bedrooms are upstairs, so he doesn't have to come up there at all. I guess I just don't want the potential fleas and the reality of all the dog hair. Just wondering how that has worked for you. Maybe it's not as bad as I imagine it, because your home looks SO peaceful and clean!!
#30 of 31 Old 01-03-2010, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by treespeak View Post
Beautiful home nascarbebe. I especially liked the window treatments in the bedroom. May I ask where they are from?
DH and I made them. They're roman blinds with loops in the back for working drawstrings. We made them according to this book called Simply Window Treatments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmine View Post
I love it when people post pics! Looks awesome, thank you!! One question, I noticed a dog in one picture, and it looks like part of a crate in the corner of your bedroom. Is that right? I really struggle with where to put the dog's crate, and had considered our bedroom, but it just does not seem like a peaceful place for the dog, and I don't want all his hair up there. I keep the dog downstairs, and all of our bedrooms are upstairs, so he doesn't have to come up there at all. I guess I just don't want the potential fleas and the reality of all the dog hair. Just wondering how that has worked for you. Maybe it's not as bad as I imagine it, because your home looks SO peaceful and clean!!
We have a greyhound dog and I think we have the biggest dog crate you can buy! LOL. I think it's about 3'x4' so it takes up a pretty big chunk. When we got her we were told dogs like to sleep in the same room as people so we've always had it there. She sleeps there every night and if she eats something that doesn't settle with her she wakes me up and I take her outside so we don't have accidents inside. I do have to vacuum regularly around her dog crate and in the house in general. She never lounges around outside so we've never had to deal with fleas, except for when she got one or two from the baby I take care of because her house had a flea problem.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page