where are your aprons? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 01-18-2010, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
did I mention my oven doesn't have a handle...

I have one heck of a kitchen don't I???

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 40 Old 01-19-2010, 12:29 AM

Hanging from a nail in the kitchen - I have to admit I use it more or less as a hand-towel after I wash my hands more than as an apron.

mama of DS(3) & DD(2)
#33 of 40 Old 01-19-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
did I mention my oven doesn't have a handle...

I have one heck of a kitchen don't I???

My house is kind of a "rural open plan" thing... it's a one room cabin, of which a chunk is "kitchen". So I totally get the adventure of the non-standard kitchen! My personal problem is that the kitchen can be seen from everywhere else, so even a tiny mess is an eye sore.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#34 of 40 Old 01-19-2010, 01:11 AM

I have maybe 8, all vintage, and they are cute as a button. (I love aprons!) I bought a small *thing* from walmart to hold some of them. It's a short, maybe 8 inches long, piece of black wood with four hooks across it. (total brain fart here, sorry.) I have 4 or 5 hanging on it, and I put my least favorites up in the cabinet that holds my table cloths. The hook thingy is hanging on the wall next to the stove.
#35 of 40 Old 01-19-2010, 03:18 AM

I have two full aprons: one I use for messy crafts (mostly for teaching art at school) and one I just got for the kitchen. I also have a plain canvas half-apron I use for home improvement projects and gardening. It is very basic and boring and small.

I got my new one for $5-10 at Ross or Marshalls or TJ Maxx (they're all the same to me) sometime in December. It is pretty colors, not related to any holidays.

I currently have both full aprons folded in half and then draped over a chair in the room next to our kitchen. It is what we call the project room, so they fit in there. It is literally steps from the kitchen. I forget to wear the kitchen one even being that close. It took me a year to remember to bring the arts & crafts one to class when I teach art once a month. They are both pretty, but I still think they look a little messy hanging up together. I have a nice hook that matches other items in our downstairs rooms, but I haven't found a good location to hang it.... When I do hang the hook, I only plan to hang my kitchen apron. The other one will go elsewhere and DD's aprons are already in a great spot along with my half-apron. Those are hanging on the rod attached to our rolling craft cart in the project room. My full aprons are too long for it and when I folded them more, they took up too much space thickness-wise. Looked terrible and was a real pain to get them off the rod to use and way too much trouble to put them back that way. (Hence, how they ended up on the chair near said craft cart.)

However, just typing this I thought of a potentially great location for my kitchen apron -- on the side of the microwave cart. It has a rod with nothing on it and it is right inside the kitchen! Thanks!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#36 of 40 Old 01-19-2010, 03:14 PM

aprons??? no aprons here, I just wear my work around the house clothes everyday
#37 of 40 Old 01-19-2010, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

no microwaves here either.

Since I started this thread I went down from two kitchen drawers to only one. Unloading the dishwasher one night I pulled it out and it smashed to the ground in multiple pieces (it had already been glued at least twice so I just chunked it.

Now I only have one 8" drawer for flatware. But I did get really creative putting up all kinds of things that lived in the one drawer, like the rolling pin, spatulas etc.

Oh the adventures.

BTW. I went ahead and folded up the aprons and put them next to the kitchen towels. I certainly don't reach for them as much as when they are hanging in plain sight but I feel better when I walk into my kitchen and it's free from a dangly apron mess on the wall.

#38 of 40 Old 01-19-2010, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

no microwaves here either.

Since I started this thread I went down from two kitchen drawers to only one. Unloading the dishwasher one night I pulled it out and it smashed to the ground in multiple pieces (it had already been glued at least twice so I just chunked it.

Now I only have one 8" drawer for flatware. But I did get really creative putting up all kinds of things that lived in the one drawer, like the rolling pin, spatulas etc.

Oh the adventures.

BTW. I went ahead and folded up the aprons and put them next to the kitchen towels. I certainly don't reach for them as much as when they are hanging in plain sight but I feel better when I walk into my kitchen and it's free from a dangly apron mess on the wall.

#39 of 40 Old 01-19-2010, 05:12 PM

I moved my aprons to the rod on the microwave cart this morning and I it! Thanks for this thread!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#40 of 40 Old 01-25-2010, 06:44 PM

Mine are hanging on a magnetic hook on the side of my fridge. You can only see them if you are standing right by the fridge. I like hanging them rather than folding them because I don't wash them after every use and if they were folded any stuff on them would migrate all over the apron.

thalia loves Jesus and DH wordyeight and DD#1 : 8/2007 and DD#2 9/2010
and remembering: little turtle 5/23/2006 and poppyseed 7/15/2009

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page