Was anyone a little envious? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 02-03-2010, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
of the lady on "I'm pregnant and ....homeless"?
It sounds rediculous I guess, mainly because they may have had their babies taken away. But part of me was jealous. What a perfectly simple life?! If it weren't too cold at night/in the winter, and you had all your essentials, like water, food and shelter, what's wrong with living in a forest? She was hot so she got to go sit in the river, I think that's awesome!

Maybe it wasn't super practical in this case because they had to "fly a sign" to get money for food. But if you could live in a place where maybe, you could fish or hunt for food, cook it over a fire, wash in a creek, and sleep under the stars... i think that would be ... bliss!

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#2 of 12 Old 02-03-2010, 07:32 PM

I dream about a simple life like that. I think I was born about 200 years too late. I'd much rather live in a log cabin and live off the land than worrying about trying to find a minimum wage job to keep my 2 bedroom apartment.
#3 of 12 Old 02-03-2010, 07:53 PM

I was envious! Although I am a little attached to many of the comforts of my home such as a toilet and shower and extra blankets in the closet...having food in the fridge...but I do crave that simplicity.
#4 of 12 Old 02-03-2010, 11:18 PM

nope, I like creature comforts way too much!
#5 of 12 Old 02-03-2010, 11:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
But, but .... where would my books live?
#6 of 12 Old 02-03-2010, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Okay ok. You can bring ONE item. lol. (yes, an entire collection of books counts as one item)

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#7 of 12 Old 02-03-2010, 11:31 PM

That was very sad. She didn't have access to fresh foods such as fruits and vegetables due to price and storage issues, she was begging for money on the side of the street with the baby in her belly feeling highly uncomfortable mentally and physically. She was worried about her next meal, about her children being taken away, about the father not working and their future, about the care of her baby, and her health care. She didn't have a health relationship with family members. She couldn't keep pets as she couldn't feed them, she could barely feed her babies and herself. I felt even more thankful for what I have after I watched that, hiking and camping is one thing, having a safe, warm, dry, and comfortable home is another.

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

#8 of 12 Old 02-05-2010, 05:38 PM

I've removed a few posts from this thread. Please keep to discussing the situation and not critiquing the opinions of members here - no matter the side. If you would like to address each other personally, or take issue with what someone has said, please take it to private messages. Thank you!

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#9 of 12 Old 02-05-2010, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Fullofgrace <3

#10 of 12 Old 02-07-2010, 03:28 AM

I was more envious of the mom on "I'm Pregnant and..Anorexic." Obviously I'm not actually jealous of her anorexia, but I wish I had her lifestyle - exercising all the time, a huge amount of will power, etc. That's MY idea of bliss!
#11 of 12 Old 02-07-2010, 04:48 PM

Oh I wanted to watch that and I missed it. But I can tell you I would not be jealous. I was born in Mexico and I saw on a daily basis people who do not have the basic essentials. It was very depressing.

Awesome SAHM to 5-yr-old son,3-yr-old girl and a baby girl. Blog about my home http://azaleastudio.blogspot.com
#12 of 12 Old 02-07-2010, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

Loitering I know what you mean

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page