Area rug free? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-18-2010, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We're in a fully carpeted house now, which is grosser to me than I can properly express, but the place we lived before this one was all hardwood sans rugs. I always thought we'd purchase one but we never did. I liked the cleanliness of ruglessness! It was easy to sweep and mop and had a simple look.

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2010, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If we had rugs, they'd be nothing more than dog hair traps! We have hardwood throughout except tile in the kitchen and bathrooms with no rugs anywhere. The "official" reason for that is air quality; youngest DS and DH both have asthma and severe environmental allergies. But even if they didn't have those problems, I'd want it just the way it is. If somebody spills, all it takes to clean it up is a damp rag. How handy is that?

computergeek2.gif

Old 02-19-2010, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We don't have rugs in most of our rooms, but there is one in the living room. It really needs to be cleaned, but that would cost more than the rug cost originally! So I haven't gotten around to it yet. The floor underneath looks nice, so maybe I will just remove it. But our house is already pretty echoey (is that a word?). I think if you have enough soft furniture, etc., to handle the noise issue it should be fine!
Old 02-22-2010, 06:05 AM

We have hardwood floors upstairs where we do most of our living and no area rugs. I like to keep things really simple looking, so I like how it looks. I would like to get one for DS room though, because his room is very cold in the winter.

My Mom and Dad had hardwood floors and their area rug left a print when they removed it. I wondered if the sun bleached the surrounding floor too much and that caused it? I was worried this might happen if I used an area rug.

belly.gifMama to a Little Scientist (09/08) and our Ray of Sunshine (05/11).
Old 02-22-2010, 04:20 PM

We don't have rugs. I feel like their too dirty! hard floors are SO much easier to keep clean, and IMHO they look so nice and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthy Mama View Post
We have hardwood floors and no rugs. Not by choice, though by neccessity. See, we have 2 older cats that will pee on anything soft. Rugs, towels, clothing, etc. It's definitely incentive to keep the house picked up.
We had this problem when our cat was a kitten. It did keep clothes off the floor!

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)

User Tag List