My laundry epiphany... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 35 Old 02-22-2010, 12:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I direct fold, and took the DR table downstairs to the basement, where it is now my folding table. It also serves as an undertable storage space for stuff like winter clothes in summer and outgrowns destined for specific families. I use baskets to take stuff up the 2 flights to the bedrooms, good exercise! I admit that the table is almost never cleared, but there are piles for each of us, for me it's one big pile of everything, for the kids it's pants, tops, hanging items (folded), socks/underwear/bras, and other (bathing suits, etc). Makes it easy for THEM to put THEIR stuff away. I put it on their beds and remind them about 20x to put it away. I try to take it up in groups - all the linens/towels, all the boys stuff, all the adult stuff, etc. It works, in our own dysfunctional way.

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 35 Old 02-22-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCBMAX View Post
I've made a rule for myself that I can't start any new loads until the clean ones are put away. I totally appreciate your psychosis and your joy.
Ha. I have this rule too! It really helps to keep things manageable.
#33 of 35 Old 02-22-2010, 03:25 PM

I've started each night I begin a load of laundry about supper time then after the kids are in bed I fold the load in the dryer and switch the loads. So I only have 1 load to fold and put away each night. I do do the fluffing right before I fold though..

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#34 of 35 Old 02-23-2010, 09:40 PM

I just moved in September and I decided to make a family closet in the basement where the washer and dryer are. I sort right out of the dryer into personal piles and then the folding of four loads at a time seems much more manageable. It's cold down there and it still gets messy. I get all the laundry done at once about twice a month and I guess that's good enough for me.

The main and upper floors are much cleaner for it. I know everything upstairs is dirty and just throw it down the stairs.

Now if only I could catch on to that 'clean the dishes after a meal' rule, we'd be in business.
#35 of 35 Old 02-23-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCBMAX View Post
I've made a rule for myself that I can't start any new loads until the clean ones are put away. I totally appreciate your psychosis and your joy.
I do that--then end up with piles of laundry needing to be put into the washer.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page