Reclaiming space - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-21-2010, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a small studio apartment (just me and some animals), with a full size fridge and stove. It occurred to me one day, that I don't really use the freezer, since it is unreliable, and the fridge is only full because I haven't thrown out old food in a while (lol, yuck, I know). Only one burner works on the stove, and I almost never use the oven. I could complain about these things, but I rent from a friend and don't pay much, and the burner thing isn't really a problem, since I rarely need more than one burner at a time.

So I realized that I could get by just fine with a toaster over (have one already in storage), a hot plate, and a mini fridge.

So I got a $30, 4 ft x 2ish ft folding table. $18 single burner hot plate. And just picked up a mini fridge on craigslist for $40. The fridge will go under the table, the toaster oven and hotplate on top. And lots of extra counter space on the table.

I haven't set it up yet. Gotta get the fridge and stove cleaned and out (into the garage) Get that part of the carpet up, and floor painted (going to get the whole apartment done, have about half done now, have to do it in shifts). Then I can set up the table and see how it looks.

I can't wait! My current counter space equals about 3 sq feet.

~Dawn

Blah blah blah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 02-21-2010, 08:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's awesome! Good for you.

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page