2010 Moving Support Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 184 Old 07-23-2010, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, here we are at our new rental house! I like the place.
#182 of 184 Old 08-17-2010, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Learning about ancient history along with the kiddos
Hi all,

I haven't been checking in because there's been nothing to report.

We've been on the market since mid-May and so far no offers. Between open houses and private appointments over 200 people have been through the house. We lowered the price by $70k this morning so we're hoping for something to happen from that.
#183 of 184 Old 08-17-2010, 05:26 PM

Wow, avent, that's a huge price drop! I hope it sells soon. How is everyone else...all moved? Nobody has updated in a long time. We're all moved in and set up here, in fact I just posted pictures in a different thread yesterday if anyone wants to take a peek.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#184 of 184 Old 08-17-2010, 06:31 PM

avent. We're having a sad time here too with the waiting still (but with fewer viewings), but that's just how it is we've been told. Our price range (like 100-130) is doing the worst in the area. May be sprucing up the online look of the place with our realtor soon and adjusting the price a bit - otherwise I've (personally) resigned to the fact that we might have to go through this through next spring/summertime.

We keep looking just so we know what's around for sale, in case there's any sudden something goes on with our place.

Just for a good story: Saw a really interesting (not as flawless as the pictures led us to believe) huge, old victorian. Only someone had remodeled this 3 room master suite in the house such that the outside door was hidden when closed - as in had the same wall treatment and baseboard, etc as the hallway. And a huge wooden bar on the inside (so that it was like a hidden room). Really pretty weird and curious. (not on our list to consider anymore, exactly).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page