Mothering Forum banner

Accountability Thread: What are you getting done this week? Week of March 1-7

2K views 57 replies 14 participants last post by  triscuitsmom 
#1 ·
The weekend thread was a great motivation and help for me to keep me focused and accountable as I got what I needed to get done this week done, so I'm starting another one for this week. Join in! I'd love to have company

My first list:
*Finish cleaning living room
*Tidy office and take pictures
*Tidy bedroom and take pictures
*Tidy boys room
*Address envelopes and stamp
*Respond to work emails

Here is to a productive, wonderful week for all of us here on MDC

See less See more
#27 ·
Thanks Triscuitsmom... I am actually excited about it. This project has been looming for a while
My plan is to come home from work at 5 grab something to eat and work until about 7pm or until I get tired
. We will see.

#28 ·
Completed items are in green today. It has been over 3 hours and I haven't knocked much off these lists, but I have been busy the entire time!

First the rollovers from previous days:

~ Wash DD's sheets, line dry them in the sunshine, and put them away. (Her bed is already made with fresh sheets.)
~ Clean the oven again.
~ Sweep the front walkway, door, and walls.
~ Finish scrapbooking my mini goal.

Then, overdue items on my task list (computer) that didn't get on here (MDC):

~ Scan 2007 family portraits.
~ Rotate toiletries. (I love toiletries and "shopping" from my own supply each month makes me feel abundant!
)

Today's list in my task list:

~ Get cash (our monthly amount).
~ Digital photo project. (I spend some time twice a month on this HUGE project.)
~ Take DD to ice skating practice and her lesson. (Two hours of being COLD for me, but usually a friend is there and we've been enjoying each other's company. I need to pack a bag in advance, including a book in case my friend doesn't make it this week.)
~ Start thinking about what project I will take with me to a scrapbook getaway weekend in late April. Keep working on my HUGE project? Or take a small project I can accomplish and bring my laptop as a back-up (to work on digital photo project)? If the latter, which project is small enough I can get it done in two days? This seems so far in advance, but really the next week (7-8 days) is about all the time I have due to camping, birthday celebrations, Easter celebrations, and our first REAL family vacation all coming in March and April before the scrapbook weekend.

I also cleaned out the cat's litter box, cooked myself breakfast, fed the cat, took out the trash, showered, dressed, made my bed, straightened up the bedroom, bathrooms (all 3), kitchen, and started the Roomba vacuuming the entire downstairs (not in that order). Online, I checked a few accounts for payments I set up yesterday (found out our tax refund is coming earlier than the IRS predicted); and I looked for hotels for our upcoming vacation (short leg; main portion is already booked).

I am thinking about the last item on the above list now and working through some logistics while I fix/eat lunch.

#31 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by painefaria View Post
Okay... I think that I am going to need your help. Here's the scenario
DP and DS are going away tomorrow to the inlaws and I will be joining them on Friday. While I have some alone time I would like to CLEAN THE BASEMENT

Here's the thing I will need your help!!! I will need motivation to come home from work and work on it for a few uninterupted hours on Wednesday and Thursday. Can you help me?
My goal is to make the basement usable by
1.) switch the shelving units and storage bins
2.) organize the shelves so that we can put things on them.
3.) get rid of 3 black trashbags before trash day on Friday morning!
4.) Identify 2 trash bags of clothing to give to goodwill on Friday!
5.) Recycle all of the cardboard by Friday morning

What do you think? Can I do it?!? I will come back and post tomorrow night after a few hours of work.

So here I am 2 hours later and I am DONE with most of the hard stuff!!!

1.) I shifted the shelves down so that I could fit one more on the wall... Moving them to the other wall like I wanted to would not work due to ceiling clearance.
2.) Shelves organized
3.) 2 very full trash bags filled and waiting to go to the curb on friday morning.
4.) I will be doing this tomorrow.
5.) Cardboard is torn down and boxed ready to go to the curb.

I am really proud of myself. I have been avoiding this for months and it took me 2 hours to make it much better.
Tomorrow -
1.) I will get rid of some of the clothing that I never wear
2.) organize the things that we have together for the garage sale in the spring.

3.) Clean the cat pans
4.) pick up the house (dishes, put DS clothes away, and one load of laundry)
5.) take out the trash
Thanks for the inspiration!

#33 ·
OK, new day, new list

*Fill out form for school and get DP to fax it
*Call ultrasound place again
*Call Drs. office
*Look up information for project
*First assignment
*Respond to three kijiji people

#34 ·
This week has required a lot of time in the van, so I haven't gotten as much household stuff done like I had planned. I did clean out my spice and vitamins/medication shelves in the kitchen though! I will add my small list though and plan to get these things done by Sat.

1) play phonetag with nurse from pediatric nephrologist's office Re: meds
2) print shipping label for package
3) re-organize homeschool bookshelves (can we say disaster?!)
4) wash/dry/fold/put away 3 more loads of laundry
5) sort through drawers while putting away said laundry to pull out stuff for donation (on going project)
6) put away bulk food order and wash/reorganize pantry jars as needed

#35 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by painefaria View Post
So here I am 2 hours later and I am DONE with most of the hard stuff!!!

1.) I shifted the shelves down so that I could fit one more on the wall... Moving them to the other wall like I wanted to would not work due to ceiling clearance.
2.) Shelves organized
3.) 2 very full trash bags filled and waiting to go to the curb on friday morning.
4.) I will be doing this tomorrow.
5.) Cardboard is torn down and boxed ready to go to the curb.

I am really proud of myself. I have been avoiding this for months and it took me 2 hours to make it much better.
YIPPEEEEEE!!!! Great job!!!!

#36 ·
Finishing up yesterday's completed items...
Completed items are in green.

~ Wash DD's sheets, line dry them in the sunshine, and put them away. (Her bed is already made with fresh sheets.)
~ Clean the oven again.

Then, overdue items on my task list (computer) that didn't get on here (MDC):

~ Scan 2007 family portraits.
~ Rotate toiletries. (I love toiletries and "shopping" from my own supply each month makes me feel abundant!
)

Today's list in my task list:

~ Digital photo project. (I spend some time twice a month on this HUGE project.)
~ Take DD to ice skating practice and her lesson. (Two hours of being COLD for me, but usually a friend is there and we've been enjoying each other's company. I need to pack a bag in advance, including a book in case my friend doesn't make it this week.)
-->No friend, so I read my book intermittently while watching DD practice what she has learned and then learning new stuff.
~ Start thinking about what project I will take with me to a scrapbook getaway weekend in late April. Keep working on my HUGE project? Or take a small project I can accomplish and bring my laptop as a back-up (to work on digital photo project)? If the latter, which project is small enough I can get it done in two days? This seems so far in advance, but really the next week (7-8 days) is about all the time I have due to camping, birthday celebrations, Easter celebrations, and our first REAL family vacation all coming in March and April before the scrapbook weekend.
-->I decided to continue on with my HUGE project. I plan to prep my pages in advance as much as possible by doing the journaling ahead of time. This is always too challenging for me in a group setting due to the type of project I am working on and the fact that scrapbooking seems to be a method of therapy for me to deal with my past. (I've had formal counseling already and have participated in many holistic/alternative practices, as well, so I guess this is the personal "putting it all to rest" phase.)

**I also cleaned out the cat's litter box, cooked myself breakfast, fed the cat, took out the trash, showered, dressed, made my bed, straightened up the bedroom, bathrooms (all 3), kitchen, and started the Roomba vacuuming the entire downstairs (not in that order). Online, I checked a few accounts for payments I set up yesterday (found out our tax refund is coming earlier than the IRS predicted); and I looked for hotels for our upcoming vacation (short leg; main portion is already booked).

**I finished reading a good book last night and downloaded the free supplemental CD and listened to that as recommended in the book (in bed while drifting off to sleep).

#37 ·
Thanks everyone... Now I just need to complete todays tasks. Honestly, just getting the trash and cardboard to the curb is going to make me happy this evening.

Tomorrow -
1.) I will get rid of some of the clothing that I never wear
2.) organize the things that we have together for the garage sale in the spring.
3.) Clean the cat pans
4.) pick up the house (dishes, put DS clothes away, and one load of laundry)
5.) take out the trash

Things in red are DONE!! Well halfway done
it is hanging on the line. I need to bring it in this afternoon~ DONE

Now I am fighting with the computer to try to get our taxes done...

#38 ·
Completed items in magenta (pink) today.

Now, for today's list:

~ Wash DD's sheets, line dry them in the sunshine, and put them away.
~ Scan 2007 family portraits. And I scanned a few pages from my scrapbook.

~ Clean the oven again.

New items that came up on my task list (computer) for today:

~ Trim & buff all nails. Mine and DD's. DH is on his own.

~ Shape eyebrows. Mine.
~ Pick up our CSA box. Divide contents between us and our friends. (We split a share of the farm.)
~ Mail taxes to state.
~ Take DD out to sell Girl Scout cookies.
~ Think about "Mommy & Me" Girl Scout camping weekend coming up. Check weather (highs expected to be 69; lows in the high 40s), ask the troop leader questions (GS event leader answered my questions), look up campground (printed directions), etc.

I also called a friend of mine regarding getting together today or tomorrow to chat AND making an appointment with her professionally. The appointment is on the calendar and she's not feeling well, so we'll see about the get-together tomorrow and reevaluate.

#39 ·
It's been a little over an hour and I've had kids underfoot but still managed to get some stuff done...

Need to finish:
*Call Drs. office - did once, was busy, will try again

Still need to start and finish:
*First assignment

#40 ·
Lunch is done and so is my list!

*First assignment
*Call Drs. office

New list:
*Respond to three more kijiji people
*Second assignment
*Email about kid's RESP
*Organize shelf in laundry room
*Go through one bin in boy's room
*Get postal quote for a shipped item

#41 ·
Not feeling so great this afternoon. Trying to drink water and see if that helps and I laid down for a bit so my list has been slow going...

*Email about kid's RESP

*Second assignment

#42 ·
Hope you're feeling better. You should add to your list:
*Took care of myself

Quote:

Originally Posted by triscuitsmom View Post
Not feeling so great this afternoon. Trying to drink water and see if that helps and I laid down for a bit so my list has been slow going...

*Email about kid's RESP

*Second assignment

#43 ·
I've just discovered this thread and think I need to join in! In the next three days I intend to:

~ remove the clutter from my kitchen table
~ clean out my car!
~ clean my bathroom from top to bottom
~ prep all my meals for next week (something I never entirely get done!
~ all while saying on track with my homework

#44 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by *bejeweled* View Post
Hope you're feeling better. You should add to your list:
*Took care of myself
Thank you for this. It's good to be reminded because you are absolutely right.

So my first list of the morning:
*Finish last assignment for project
*Quick tidy downstairs and get everything ready for new stove to be installed
*Clean one shelf in laundry room
*Organize two cupboards in kitchen
*Tidy toys and books in the boy room
*Empty one bin in the boy's room

#45 ·
I am actually on a roll this morning, although currently at a standstill since little one decided he need to nurse
I'm going to put up my second list now since my first is going so well...

In progress, need to finish:

Need to start/finish:

Second list of day:
*Clean off top of fridge
*Empty out wagon
*Organize course pack #1
*Go through and clean up kijiji ads
*Call and organize a ride to appointment
*Get postal quote

#46 ·
I'm very happy with how the morning is going

*Clean off top of fridge
*Go through and clean up kijiji ads
*Call and organize a ride to appointment
*Get postal quote

In progress, need to finish:

Need to start/finish:
*Empty out wagon
*Organize course pack #1

List #3:
*Organize course pack #2
*Clean under stove when they move it
*Empty second bin in the boy's room
*Sort through first batch of diapers for the day
*Respond to postal quote inquiries
*Clean up inboxes

#47 ·
Alison, you are a rockstar!

Clearly, many of you are in a different time zone than I am.

Completed tasks are in orange today. I pretty much went to yoga with a friend and then we walked on the beach. I came home just in time to eat lunch and walk to pick up DD from school. Chatted with some friends there, then watched DD play on the bars and walked home. Here I am. AWESOME DAY! Nothing done.

Here's my rollover list from previous days:
~ Clean the oven again.

Today's task list:
~ Attend yoga class with friend (from yesterday's call).
~ Do a load of laundry (start to finish). It is washed.
~ Start prepping pages for scrapbook getaway weekend.
~ Gather non-clothing items for Mommy & Me camping weekend.
~ Video chat with DH's family. DD & I were late for that, but it turns out their plans changed, too, so it'll be later.
~ Call potential hotel for upcoming vacation to inquire about some things not listed on website.

#48 ·
I know the week is almost over but I'd love to join in! We are moving in May from a 3 bedroom house that we have been in for 10 years into a 2 bedroom apartment without a garage for storage
So I have alot to get done, organized & get rid of.

Over the weekend I need to:
finish packing up the china hutch
call my sister to come get the china hutch
throw away dog stuff from dog we no longer have
clean out & organize the boys toy bins

#49 ·
Well my momentem slowed waaaaay down after that. Well I guess that's not true, but it wasn't list stuff I was getting done. I spent over two hours taking my youngest to get blood work done, and then came home and dealt with overtired children, and then we cooked dinner and went and shared a meal with some of our neighbours
OK... so those are all worthwhile things, I feel better now

*Clean under stove when they move it

Need to finish:
*Clean up inboxes

Need to start/finish:
*Empty out wagon
*Organize course pack #1
*Organize course pack #2
*Empty second bin in the boy's room

#50 ·
Cleaned out drawers in the kitchen (junk drawer down to just ONE of them UGH)

Cleaned out the sink cabinet in the boys' bathroom (eeww!)

Took a count of everything I have for the new baby so that I don't start to OVER buy! DH was blown away by how much I have gotten and he didn't know

So now I am moving on to my dresser....I am taking everything out and sorting for what I can wear after baby, never again, and maybe I will because of course I REALLY love them

#51 ·
*sigh* Right after I posted last night my mouse died (thanks to an unfortunate accident involving a glass of water and my three year old). I couldn't post at all last night, and I didn't get anything productive done either. Today I was out all day until now so I havn't gotten any of my list done today either. The upside is that my DP fixed the mouse somehow so except for the scroll button I have a working mouse again

Need to finish:
*Clean up inboxes

Need to start/finish:
*Empty out wagon
*Organize course pack #1
*Organize course pack #2
*Empty bin in the boy's room

#52 ·
Back and finally done what I can do for this list
I can't do the wagon right now because it's right where Frog is trying to fall asleep.

*Clean up inboxes
*Organize course pack #1
*Organize course pack #2
*Empty bin in the boy's room

New list:
*Empty out wagon
*Organize course pack #3
*Organize course pack #4
*Organize course pack #5
*Upload pictures to catch up
*Go through balance sheet for month one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.