Mid-March/April Challenge STORAGE!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 83 Old 04-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
got the basic invoicing done. now i'm working on the onsite business (which is crazy) and then the communications invoices.

i totally reorganized the desk at work, will move them around so they make more sense for us (for now) and i've started in on a number of smaller organizational projects there.

Here are the organizational projects list:

1. organize office supplies--

a. upper desk drawer to hold scissors, hole punch, tape, stapler, paper clips, rubber bands, tacks, and so on;

b. larger supplies such as paper, printer ink, receipt machine paper to be organized;

c. organize random supplies (eg, holders for brochures).

2. create a complete notebook of forms used by the practice and each practitioner--this notebook will also hold a thumb drive with the forms on it as a back up to the computer.

3. organize the on-site business's notebook and invoicing.

4. complete procedure manual (it's currently in an editing cycle with the practitioners and it's easter weekend).

5. go through old magazines and recycle as needed (we are subscribing to new magazines as well).

6. do the communications invoicing and follow up with the EFTPOS (debit card) system to see how that billing works.

there are other things to do, but this is the organizational stuff.

for the house, i got the root cellar closet organized and ready for us to use as a root cellar closet. LOL i also scrubbed and reorganized the fridge, and got the spices and such organized and put away. cleaned the kitchen thoroughly, and we went through the household paperwork to see what was actionable today, and organize the actions over the next few weeks.

so there we are.
#62 of 83 Old 04-01-2010, 10:07 PM

Is it too late to join? I have been on a decluttering spree lately and I want to stay motivated!

Today I sorted the bookshelf in the girl's room and have a pile of old magazines and a few books to pass along. I also worked on the homeschool/art/game closet. I had put a storage bin with kitchen stuff I didn't want to part with in there about a year ago and lo and behold, haven't missed any of it so out it goes.

Next will be the basket by the entry way that is a clutter magnet. If anyone doesn't know where something goes, they stick it in there...

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

#63 of 83 Old 04-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Banned

ah, a drop hot spot basket. very nice. we have a couple of those too--very helpful, but they do need to be cleared now and again.
#64 of 83 Old 04-02-2010, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagewinna View Post
Is it too late to join? I have been on a decluttering spree lately and I want to stay motivated!
Hope it's not too late, I just joined also!

SAHM to three
#65 of 83 Old 04-02-2010, 02:41 AM

Today I have almost finished the job of matching plastic containers with lids...have tossed a heap that have no lids or are too old.

Also started going through a kitchen drawer that is filled with those mini plastic containers, going to work out if any need to be tossed.

I also decided to ruthlessly throw out old undies today! I have decided life is too short to wear old underwear.

SAHM to three
#66 of 83 Old 04-02-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterwarrior View Post
Today I have almost finished the job of matching plastic containers with lids...have tossed a heap that have no lids or are too old.
You could just send them my way... I'm sure I have all the lids here!

~ My student loan/new school transfer stuff is figured out -- CHECK!
~ I've been hacking away at the basket full of papers to be filed...funny thing about papers is that they're so skinny. You file about 100 and the pile is still the same size... My little one is hanging out with daddy all weekend long so I am going get it done hopefully by tomorrow (Saturday) so I can focus on my living room Sunday ))
~ I need to post all my Craigslist stuff ASAP as well now that I'm not going to see my student loan possibly until the beginning of May
It will be nice to have that closet back!

Happy decluttering everyone!
#67 of 83 Old 04-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Banned

From my list I--

1. organize office supplies--

b. larger supplies such as paper, printer ink, receipt machine paper to be organized;

3. organize the on-site business's notebook and invoicing.--i'm doing this right now!

6. do the communications invoicing and follow up with the EFTPOS (debit card) system to see how that billing works-- doing this tonight!

things are moving right along, but i don't feel so great today. hawk caught hand, mouth, and food disease (a little virus) which is essentially fever, sore throat, general discomfort, and little blisters on hands, feet, and mouth (in and/or out). it's rare for adults to get it, but it is contagious. even so the CDC recommends "no hugging, kissing, etc" the affected person. how do i NOT cuddle my 19 mo baby when he's sick? that's just crazy. LOL so, i have it. i have the fever, sore throat and general yucky feeling.

DH might take hawk out of a bit today, because hawk needs to be outside having been in due to not feeling well the past week.
#68 of 83 Old 04-02-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
ah, a drop hot spot basket. very nice. we have a couple of those too--very helpful, but they do need to be cleared now and again.
Yeah, it started out as a basket for DH's work bag and shoes and ended up being a catch all! He puts the work bag NEXT to the basket, of course.

#69 of 83 Old 04-03-2010, 07:36 AM

Hope you get over it quickly zoebird, hand foot and mouth is the pits!

I am also not well today, but just a bad sore throat thing I have caught off one of my kids. Think I need to collapse into bed very soon.

Today I finished emptying a drawer in the kitchen however I still have to go through the contents and work out what is worth keeping.

Also cleared a shelf in the pantry, one that was a total disaster. My family were all gobsmacked when they saw how tidy it now is.

SAHM to three
#70 of 83 Old 04-04-2010, 12:36 AM

My living room is so emptyyyyyyyyy!!

I have one bookshelf left to tackle and then I'm done the whole room; I'll finish up with that tomorrow. I've been taking pictures all along so will be posting soon. I've even been washing my walls as I've been going along!

I haven't done any filing yet today and hope to get at least an hour done before bed tonight. I wish I had some wine right now. My babe's with daddy tonight so I have the tunes cranked and a glass would fit perfect with my evening!

I could have got a lot more done today but have been watching my sister's dog for the weekend. We went to the dog park for a bit and then on two long walks. Also, my sis was in a rush to get to the airport and accidentally parked in the expensive lot. I agreed to retrieve her car and bring it to my house -- good thing, it already cost her $40 and she hadn't even been parked for 24 hours! ...That took about 2 hours out of my day.
#71 of 83 Old 04-04-2010, 12:57 AM
Banned

that's cool. it's so nice to feel accomplished.

we did the communications invoicing (part 1; we need them to review the bill to finish it), but got through most of the things we could do without anyone's help (recycle magazines and such). so that worked out. lol
#72 of 83 Old 04-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Banned

Well.... I haven't been posting here.... but my son's bday is coming up (he usually gets a lot of stuff) and I just ordered a lot of yarn... so I really need to get back in here!

my goals:

1. for today, pack up a box or two, take it to goodwill, along with the furniture in the shed.

2. by the end of the week, get all the toys back in order and put about 1/4 of them up in the closet.

3. by the end of the week, take pics of clothing and other stuff and post
#73 of 83 Old 04-06-2010, 02:01 PM

Yesterday I worked on the entry way basket and the bedroom junk basket, as well as the top of my dresser. I had the girls help, we sorted according to where things went and I sent them to put things away.

Next, I have two boxes of things to sort and find homes for from our living room remodel.

#74 of 83 Old 04-06-2010, 04:24 PM

Company has gone and I've been inspired by a theme I've seen here recently... I think food storage containers and that shelf that has all the glass jars, plastic cups from restaurants, water bottles, etc. is next for me. But it's SOOOO hard to stay inside when it's so awesomely nice outside! (except of course for that pesky allergy thing)
#75 of 83 Old 04-11-2010, 01:01 AM
Banned

Finally finished invoicing. what a mess that was. it should not take that long to figure out someone's "accounting" system. it was a big heaping pile of mess, let me tell you. so messed up. I just have to follow up with four practitioners on four items relating to the invoicing, and then i can finalize them and start on April!

Just have to do communications invoicing (not too bad), and then get the manuel and forms organized. then that's it for starting out. we can focus on marketing, branding, physical facilities, and getting the yoga studio going.

bah! so much. lol but we are getting there.
#76 of 83 Old 04-11-2010, 11:43 PM

Got the two baskets done today!

Next, I need to gather all the bags and boxes that have stuff to donate, consolidate them and take them away. (They are in the hallway, the playroom and the garage...)

#77 of 83 Old 04-12-2010, 01:54 AM
Banned

invoicing is completely done, and now i'm working on the procedures and forms for the on-site business. once that is done, and the meeting this thursday, and the basic procedure manual codified, we can really just focus on the building aspects of it all!

i'm excited to have moved beyond this point of cleaning up a lot of mess. i expected *some* mess, but this place has been a nightmare to figure out. it was just so disorganized! i had pages to invoice that had no practitioner name, no company name, no date. just a list of names! how was i supposed to invoice that? well, the practitioners all got back to me today with their insights, and that was very helpful. so, the invoicing is done and the templates set up for April.

I'm going to invoice april as we go along, so that i don't have to do so much work at once. it's just silly to not do a small amount of work weekly, rather than doing a TON of work at the end of the month such that you need tons of time straight to do it.

But, I think I'll wait a day or two before i start april invoicing just to give myself a break. LOL

and, the desk area is so well organized now that everyone can use it more efficiently--even if there are three people there at the same time. it's so great! it's just a big, clean desk now! woohoo!
#78 of 83 Old 04-13-2010, 12:51 PM

Got the donation stuff taken yesterday, then I found another bag! lol

Next up, I need to figure out where in the garage I can store stuff that is in our office/playroom/sewing room. We need to turn it into a bedroom for next winter when we (hopefully) get a child placed with us.

#79 of 83 Old 04-25-2010, 07:58 PM

looks like nobody's working on storage anymore! when i first saw this thread i knew i *needed* to join in the fun, but have very little motivation when it comes to anything housework related. so to celebrate my victory today, i'm posting pics. please note i would be mortified to show anybody irl my "before" picture, but again, my reward is to celebrate my much improved, less cluttered bedside space!

my bedside "table" before. i was in total denial about how messy and non-functional this was. the contents (including medication, books, magazines, jewelry, hair ties, random stuff galore) took up the entire bed! then there's the shelving unit in front of the bookshelf for more books, lamp, clock etc. man, that was a LOT of stuff!
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...t/100_1919.jpg

this is my bedside after (this unit was upstairs holding my son's clothing, but it wasn't a great use of space for that)
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...t/100_1920.jpg

and here is the bookshelf (an heirloom from dh's grandfather) repurposed in our living room for books (what an idea!) as well as puzzles and games for ds.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...t/100_1922.jpg

Katie, mommy to Oliver (2007) and brand new Ava Estelle (2014)! 
Decluttering Challenge:  303/2014 items are gone!
$728 made from selling my "stuff"
(I've gotten rid of 3711 items over the last four years on this forum! Last years selling total: $456)
#80 of 83 Old 04-26-2010, 01:09 AM

Love it, kt!

I got a little of the office supply stuff moved last week, then we painted in the dining room so that came to a halt.

This week I need to do seasonal switching of clothes for my youngest.

#81 of 83 Old 04-26-2010, 06:18 AM

Great work KT!

You have inspired me to start working on my similarly disorganised bedside table.

SAHM to three
#82 of 83 Old 04-26-2010, 04:40 PM

thanks ladies! as lame as it is, knowing i was going to post pictures was the inspiration and motivation i needed to get it done! yay!

Katie, mommy to Oliver (2007) and brand new Ava Estelle (2014)! 
Decluttering Challenge:  303/2014 items are gone!
$728 made from selling my "stuff"
(I've gotten rid of 3711 items over the last four years on this forum! Last years selling total: $456)
#83 of 83 Old 04-28-2010, 01:01 AM

I got the drawers cleared out for youngest dd this morning, yay!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page