Spring cleaning/decluttering challenge! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-27-2010, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We started our spring cleaning today, and everyone made a guess as to how much stuff we could get rid of in two weeks (toss, donate, or sell). Today we trashed 23 items (I counted one area, like the computer desk, as one thing), had 59 items to give away, and 6 things to sell. I really feel like I've simplified until it hurts, LOL, although my closet and bookshelf could probably still use a little attention. Anyway, there are pictures on my blog if anyone wants to give more advice. One room down, too many more to go!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 03-29-2010, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looks good! I have gotten my entry way closet done so far But have lots of things in the garage sale pile as I have been decluttering all winter. Now I just need city wide garage sales to get here to empty out my huge pile! lol

I don't have much more I can declutter as like I said I have worked all winter at it, but my DH is a horder and I have 3 truck beds, a old mower (he thinks he is gunna put a V8 in it) a trailer our broken stove all in my tiny back yard. We live in town so its embarrassing!

I have posted a few things on freecycle but that is all he has given me the ok to part with. Last summer I rented a huge dumpster and filled it with his "treasures" and then he is bringing home bigger things. Did I tell ya he has 5 vehicles because they were free

Anyways, way to go!

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page