My Laundry Woes -- how to reduce the mountain? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-19-2010, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've started a laundry log... (I think I mentioned that before?)...

In the past 12 days, I've recorded 23 loads of laundry that I've done, and there's STILL laundry that's covering the laundry room floor, filling the laundry bins, etc. 8 loads of those 23 have been sheets and bedding, from DS or DD...

I've made a new rule: no food/drink an hour before bedtime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2010, 03:17 PM

For us:

Towels: we use them for one week and then they are tossesd in the hamper. For DS#1, it's two weeks as he doesn't take a bath every night. And DS#2, he uses our towels when he takes a bath, which again, isn't every night.

My clothes: For capris and jeans, I try and wear them once more before tossing them in to the hamper same for button up shirts.

DH's clothes: He does the same thing with his pants and shirts. If it's t-shirts, workout clothes, etc., they go to the hamper to be washed.

DS's clothes: I just purged quite a bit of his stuff and he still has a ton leftover. He gets dirty at preschool, but with the amount of clothes that he currently has, we wash maybe once every week and a half?

Everything else, like bath rugs, door mats, our washcloths in the kitchen (we're a paper towel free house), those are every two weeks or as needed.

It makes a big difference and it's not like I'm washing EVERYDAY - maybe twice a week, tops!

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
Old 05-24-2010, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMommy2 View Post
There are some things that you can't fix (like the bedding and karate outfits). Other things, the family can help make your life easier.

You should ask your DH to hang up towels. Make sure there are lots of hooks in the bathroom. It simply isn't fair to give you loads more work by using a towel only once, plus it isn't great for Mother Earth!

Make sure there are lots of hooks at your level, and at the kids' level, in the kids rooms. This is where we put "can wear again" items. Teach your daughter not to throw clothes on the floor. She can hang them on hooks if she can't work the hangers.

Good luck mama!

We have tons of clothes too .... and I consider decluttering... but it is sure nice to sometimes go a week without doing laundry!!! Tough call!

Brilliant!
Old 05-25-2010, 03:40 AM

My kid still wets the bed so I have him wear pullups every night. If they are dry in the morning he reuses them. He didn't want to at first but when I said he'd be handling his wet sheets he changed his mind.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

User Tag List