Simple Skincare/Bodycare - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-07-2010, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am moving towards more natural products but am in the use it up mode right now. I <3 Dove soap...the sensitive one...it works great at getting off what little make up I do wear, leaves my whole body soft and smelling soft. I only use a little jar of night time face cream on my face. For hair, shampoo/conditioner in one and then a dab of gel to keep my hair from looking like Alfalfa. No brush as I just got a pixey cut and I it..simple and chic. Razor, washcloth, body lotion, deodorant and body spray, toothbrush/paste, dental floss and girlie products. You must understand, I have downsized from a massive amount of stuff that could have filled a 3 shelf cabinet. I now take up less than half. The other half is medication and first aid stuff (Witch Hazel, Alcohol and Peroxide), cotton balls and Q-tips, nail polish remover and 1 bottle of nail polish. My make up bag has mascara, eye brightener, loose powder and gloss, tweezers, 2 nail clippers.

What's in your cabinets??? : )
#2 of 5 Old 05-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Banned

shower: shampoo bar; bar of soap.

personal care: toothbrush, floss, weleda tooth paste; all natural sunscreen; weleda calendula oil; brush, comb, hair combs, rubber bands, barrette or two; nail clippers, nail files.

medicinal: homeopathic care for colds and flu; ear candles.

make up: currently none, considering natural mascara; lip gloss.
#3 of 5 Old 05-08-2010, 09:11 AM

This is very timely for me - I am struggling to declutter the bathroom, which is killing me, lol! We lack drawers/cabinets, so under the low-lying counter we snagged an IKEA cheapo coffee table and have 4 baskets. Here is what we have in our bathroom:

-basket 1 - makeup, hair brushes (4, but tossing 2 old ones), gel, hairspray, itty bitty water bottle, hair dryer, flat iron

-basket 2 - diaper bags, Q-Tips

-basket 3 - "that time of the month" stuff

-basket 4 - travel supplies, sunscreens, etc.

-DH's med cabinet - vitamins, toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, floss, powder, etc.

-my med cabinet - finger nail polish and accessories (toe separators, etc.), facial products

-plastic drawer in powder room - fingernail buffer/filer/etc. in a case, hand mirror, odds and ends

-small plastic shoe boxes x 3 - meds, bandages, etc.

-under sink - cleaning supplies, extras (toothbrushes, shampoo, soap, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)

Whew! Oh, and on top of the counter is a pretty basket (w/a wooden lid) that houses all the millions of DD's hair accessories (she is 4 and has plenty of bows, ribbons, etc. ) and some for me (rubberbands, bobby pins)

My problem with my facial products (I have several pieces to it) is that after trying everything from natural to simple to expensive and in between, only 1 line works for my atopic-y, acne-prone skin and now my med cabinet is filled with several bottles/jars, ugh!
#4 of 5 Old 05-09-2010, 11:23 PM

hmmm....this reminds me how much i need to clean out the bathroom closet. :giggle
this is for the kids and I:

lotion: i make our own
soap: dr bronners bars, liquid for hand soap on the sink
shampoo/condition: burts bees
razor
toothbrushes, floss, toothpaste - we like the flouride free from Trader Joes
contact case/solution for me
deodorant - Jasons and perfume (not sure what its called)
make up: ELF minerals...powder, blush, mascara, lip gloss
diva cup...although that has not seen much use the past 3 years.
hair pick, brush for the kids
tweezers and nail clippers

wow...it looks like a TON of stuff...but it doesn't feel like that much. i too have thrown out SO much from this closet over the past 18 months or so.

psss...you mamas know you should never put a qtip anywhere you can't also put your elbow, right

(and this from someone who overcame the qtip-to-dry-the-ears addiction)

amanda... lovin' my dh since 2004 and mama to dd (3), ds (18 months) and expecting someone new Oct 2010.
#5 of 5 Old 05-10-2010, 04:19 PM

Amanda, lol on the Q-tip and elbow I occasionally rely on them for my DD and DS's auricles (the external part of the ears where cerumen is not so necessary, lol) or if the immediate internal part of the ears are looking questionable at times.

Also, may I ask how you make your lotion? That sounds like a great thing!!

I got rid of some things yesterday that were cluttering up our toiletries...whew! Now if I could use fewer hair products (and this after years of using nothing except for shampoo and a brush)!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page