Moving=awesome house I don't want to leave! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-11-2010, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So, we're packing up, renting our house out, and heading out East.

I have to say, our house has never looked better or felt better to be in!!

We've gotten rid of SO MUCH (that I've moved 7 times before and now just don't want it in my life anymore) and kept ONLY what we love. We must have flung well over 1,000 pieces of randomness.

It feels soooo good!

Because we're having potential renters through, we've put new flooring in, painted out the trim, we're keeping it tidy. It's been a ton of work, but with so much less stuff I can see how it would be easier to keep up with. I'm vowing NOT to put more stuff in our next house.

DS's bedroom has never been more enjoyable to be in. He has a storage unit with buckets of a few toys, a basket of cars and that's IT!! He doesn't need more STUFF to play with, he needs room to use the few things he loves. I'm surprised how okay DS has been with this whole process. He's chosen what's special to him and what he's willing to pass on to other kids (we took the approach that by selling the stuff he doesn't use, he'll have the chance to get closer to his goal of saving for a dog...I ended up just giving him $10 for the large bag he sorted and dropped it off to the thrift shop).

Anyways, this move has been such an eye-opener about how much I've changed over the last 3 years. I'm willing to let go of all that cr@p I've moved with so many times before. It's quite liberating, really!

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

#2 of 2 Old 06-11-2010, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Way to go!

I felt the same way to an extent when we got our house all perfect for selling. It was so empty and always kept nice. Now of course it's a complete disaster since we are moving in a week and there are packing boxes everywhere.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page