Motivated Moms:1 week challenge-slackers, newbies & MM curious come join me! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 54 Old 06-18-2010, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My MIL is coming on Tuesday, and I have been one of the MM slackers. Doing a little here and there but not doing everydays list. So I am going to post a challenge thread for this next week. (MMs starts on Sunday, so June 20-26) I am going to post this week's day of the week chores. I figure you can look up the MM daily chores in the samples on her website. That way if you don't yet own MMs you can join in. I figure that it is less than the fair use amount and I will only do it for this week, so if you want it after that you have to go buy it. (And I'll bet you will!)

So if you have been slacking (I have!) or would just like to join us and haven't bought it yet, come join in and post to report your daily progress.

We are cleaning big time this weekend at our house, then going to kick into Motivated Moms on Sunday with the new week. I thought I'd give a heads up in case anyone else is covered under and wants to get a weekend jumpstart.

Daily chores: post #3
Sunday chores: post #2
Monday chores: post #23
Tuesday chores: post #24
Wednesday chores: post #32
Thursday chores:
Friday chores:
Saturday chores:

Katie, mama to Katherine 19, Christian 17, Johannah 15, Nicholas 10, Genevieve 8, Matthew 5, Andrew 11/16/09 10#6oz home waterbirth and madly in love with  my husband, Scott

#2 of 54 Old 06-18-2010, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Chores for Sunday June 20th

Cut/sort/file coupons
Pamper yourself
Make shopping/errand list

Katie, mama to Katherine 19, Christian 17, Johannah 15, Nicholas 10, Genevieve 8, Matthew 5, Andrew 11/16/09 10#6oz home waterbirth and madly in love with  my husband, Scott

#3 of 54 Old 06-18-2010, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Daily chores (Do everyday)

Make beds
Feed pets
Load/Run/Empty dishwasher
Sweep kitchen & entryway
Clean kitchen sink
Clear/Wipe kitchen counters
Plan / Cook dinner
Wipe out bathroom sinks
Empty trash
Do laundry
Read to children
Exercise
Quiet time
Take vitamins/medication
Prepare tomorrow's clothing

#4 of 54 Old 06-18-2010, 09:52 PM

subbing because it's not Sunday yet ... but this week I really slacked off. I did a general whole house clean today to catch up but still have some problem areas. Can't wait to start a new week!
#5 of 54 Old 06-19-2010, 12:57 AM

I have been slacking as well. Love the challenge

Scarlett bfinfant.gif , DH Boris geek.gif , DS 1/29/08 Julian kid.gif DD2 6/7/12 babygirl.gif missing our DD 1/06/06 Sonja angel3.gif and MC @ 9 wks 11/18/06 Satchel  angel.gif

#6 of 54 Old 06-21-2010, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone else?

#7 of 54 Old 06-21-2010, 08:23 AM

Sure, I'm in! I'm just one week into our own version of MM.

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#8 of 54 Old 06-21-2010, 09:37 AM

I just got the MM calendar, and I am definitely in. I am a huge slacker when it comes to housework, so I could use a challenge to get me started.

I did all right with Sunday, I accomplished all the daily tasks and the Sunday tasks.

Lisa, married to E since 9-16-2000, mother to DS A 3-23-2002 and DD J 6-11-2009.
#9 of 54 Old 06-21-2010, 09:49 AM

Monday's a light day around here (it's kind of the start of our weekend), but I've got the dishwasher emptied and refilled with breakfast dishes. Now it's off to read to DD while DS naps, then hopefully squeeze in another task.

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#10 of 54 Old 06-21-2010, 12:27 PM

I'm 39 weeks pregnant so I don't know how well I'm going to do, but I'm going to *try* to do this. I'm nesting...maybe having a list will help, I can just get up and down in little spurts hopefully. Plus I'm not planning to leave the house this week except for short trips to the doctor and to drive DD to her activities.

So far today I've picked up (the house was a WRECK). I am also babysitting my two year old niece. I'm going to c/p the daily list (the parts that apply to me) so I can check off as I get stuff done.

Make beds (sheets in dryer)
Load/Run/Empty dishwasher (emptied, refilled and done, needs to be emptied again)
Sweep kitchen & entryway (kitchen DONE, decided to skip entry and do dining room instead--also DONE)
Clean kitchen sink---DONE
Clear/Wipe kitchen counters--DONE
Plan / Cook lunch (our main meal is lunch)---DONE
Wipe out bathroom sinks--DONE
Empty trash
Do laundry--beds stripped, sheets in washer, one load folded and put away
Take vitamins/medication--DONE
Prepare tomorrow's clothing

I don't have the planner so I haven't done the "extra" chores for today. I ended up scrubbing and polishing my solid surface stove, cleaning out the microwave, and washing the sheets.

Woo hoo, found a little more energy! DD's chores include putting away the dishes so that's going to wait for her to get home. I do need to remake DS's bed, but hopefully DD will be able to help me remake my bed, it's easier with two and DH doesn't get home until almost midnight. The sheets are done, I just haven't gotten them out of the dryer.

Anyone else?

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#11 of 54 Old 06-21-2010, 12:41 PM

I am SO IN!

I need to get my act together...I'm 3 weeks PP and at home with 3 kiddos...slowly the house is falling apart from all the work I did nesting and am afraid I'll lose control again.

Thank you for the test run because I've been thinking about purchasing it for MONTHS!

Proud Momma of 2 boys R(6) L(4) & finally a GIRL (5/29/10)
..Fused & Fabulous!
#12 of 54 Old 06-21-2010, 02:16 PM

I'm in. I slacked off last week too. Although its not too terrible because of all the previous weeks efforts. Today I'm done with pretty much everything for the day. I just have to vacuum and sweep the kitchen & entry way.

My ILs are coming in tomorrow too! So weird. My biggest thing is getting the guest room ready for them. It had become a catch all before I started the MM list and I haven't gotten around to cleaning it all out yet. Its going to take a while... better get busy!

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 , DS2 , missing our , and another boy born June!
#13 of 54 Old 06-21-2010, 02:22 PM

I MM!!

I swear a good checklist is the only way I can organize and get things done and MM has been a great tool for me. I've been using it since March and it rocks.

Today, I have nearly everything on the list done except for vacuuming, reading to kids, and quiet time. I have banged out a bunch of stuff that was on the list for the rest of the week as well because it is hotter than hell this week and I want to slack off and go to the beach as much as possible. So I'm dedicating this entire day to cleaning. How's that for motivation?
#14 of 54 Old 06-21-2010, 03:37 PM

My personal version of MM has cleaning the microwave, stove, and sink on it for today. And last week, my first week, that was a chore! They were a mess and it took a while.

But this week, they're still mostly clean! So I zipped through that and used the time I'd saved to actually clean the cabinet doors and Learning Tower!

This is kinda awesome.

I love that since I know things will come around again, I can do them as completely as I have time for. If this week, I can just do a quick clean, I know that I can get it really well next week.

#15 of 54 Old 06-21-2010, 04:37 PM

Oh my, that's a lot of stuff to do. I can't really wipe down my kitchen counters since they are covered with clutter. Is there a version for us really lazy moms?

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#16 of 54 Old 06-21-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfl View Post
My personal version of MM has cleaning the microwave, stove, and sink on it for today. And last week, my first week, that was a chore! They were a mess and it took a while.

But this week, they're still mostly clean! So I zipped through that and used the time I'd saved to actually clean the cabinet doors and Learning Tower!

This is kinda awesome.

I love that since I know things will come around again, I can do them as completely as I have time for. If this week, I can just do a quick clean, I know that I can get it really well next week.
That's been my experience too--the first time I do something it takes FOREVER. But from then on I can do a quick wipedown. Kind of like the "swish and swipe" Flylady bathroom method--I do that almost every day, and I almost never spend more than 10 minutes cleaning the bathroom.

#17 of 54 Old 06-21-2010, 07:57 PM

I did really well today ... there were a few things I didn't do (like inventory refrig contents) but we had just cleaned out the refrig so I wasn't too worried about that).
#18 of 54 Old 06-21-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
Oh my, that's a lot of stuff to do. I can't really wipe down my kitchen counters since they are covered with clutter. Is there a version for us really lazy moms?
Since everything comes around, I'd take the time for "wipe counters" to de-clutter a bit instead. Next time, a few more minutes on de-cluttering. After a few days (or a week ), you'll be to the point where things are clear enough to wipe!

Good day around here. Got all my stuff for today done and got a head start on tomorrow (since that's scheduled to be a chore-heavy day around here, but we'll be out at DD's first movie -- Toy Story 3!).

#19 of 54 Old 06-22-2010, 12:02 AM

I'm a bit late getting to this thread but I'd like to join. I'll start tomorrow. This is something I am willing to buy if I can overcome my lazy procrastinator tendencies.

Shanese mom of 2ds
#20 of 54 Old 06-22-2010, 12:14 AM

I'm joining in late too. I did most of today. I didn't actually exercise, but I counted the many, many trips up and downstairs as some exercise. I still have to read to my LO and I guess this is my quiet time. I want to keep the momentum, so I figured if I join you ladies, maybe that will help me keep up. I'm not getting much sleep, so something has to help.

Mom to: Honey (6/04) and Bunny (9/09)
#21 of 54 Old 06-22-2010, 12:46 AM

I just bought the MM planner yesterday ...unfortunately then our printer jammed so I haven't been able to print it out yet!

I would love to join in with this challenge!

SAHM to three
#22 of 54 Old 06-22-2010, 11:05 AM

I feel like I'm doing this all by myself, LOL. Someone else post your list and progress!

Here is my list for today:

Make beds ( DONE)
Load/Run/Empty dishwasher ( DONE)
Sweep kitchen & entryway ( DONE)
Clean kitchen sink ( DONE)
Clear/Wipe kitchen counters ( DONE)
Plan / Cook lunch (our main meal is lunch) ( DONE)
Wipe out bathroom sinks
Empty trash ( DONE)
Do laundry ( DONE)
Take vitamins/medication ( DONE)
Swish and swipe bathrooms

Today I'm adding:

Wipe down fridge shelves (quick wipe down, I'm not cleaning out the fridge today)
quick mop kitchen ( DONE)
Pick up, sweep and mop laundry room floor ( DONE, and that was TIRING)
vacuum living room and hall
Go to bank
Clean outside of windows (I'm just using Windex Outdoor, so it's pretty easy) ( DONE)

I think I'm going to stick with my own list of "extras". I looked around and decided what needed to be done the most, combined with how much energy I think I'll have today. If I get done and have a little extra "oomph" I'll add something from the official list.

Well, I lost it halfway through the day, so vacuuming was put off until tomorrow, and so was the bank and fridge. But I added the windows and the house looks decent, so I'm happy. On to tomorrow!

#23 of 54 Old 06-22-2010, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Monday 21
Change dishcloth/towel
Change hand towels in bathrooms
Inventory refrigerator contents and plan meals around leftovers
Vacuum main/public rooms or 1st floor
Clean toilets
Replenish stock of toilet paper in bathrooms
Sweep/mop bathrooms

#24 of 54 Old 06-22-2010, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Tuesday 22
Wipe down deep freeze (outside & top)
Clean out purse/wallet
Pay/File bills
Clean bathroom mirrors
Clean knickknacks and shelves
Dust hallways/entryway

#25 of 54 Old 06-22-2010, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry I dropped the ball a bit on posting the daily chore lists. Mon and Tues are now posted. But that is because I have been up off my butt (and off the computer) cleaning! I'm off to a Dr appt, but will hopefully get to post my progress later.

#26 of 54 Old 06-22-2010, 11:51 AM

My schedule is a homemade version of MM, so it's a little different.

But so far today we've:
-- vacuumed (including rugs in front of cat litter boxes)
-- cleaned bathroom counters and mirrors
-- cleared the car

Last night, to get ahead for today, I:
-- swept the nook
-- bleached tub toys

And I added:
-- clean front of fridge
-- clear out purse

Our daily chores, which get done at the end of the day, are:
-- feed cats
-- scoop cats
-- straighten playroom, living room, art area
-- clear book box
-- clear dining table
-- sweep kitchen and mud room
-- empty/fill/run dishwasher
-- change kitchen towel

DH has been totally onboard with this. Until this morning, when he realized that "every week" means EVERY WEEK. The schedule said to clean bathroom counters and mirrors, and he looked and said they looked fine. I countered that the idea behind this was that they wouldn't ever look dirty, if we did a bit of cleaning frequently! That made sense to him.

#27 of 54 Old 06-22-2010, 01:14 PM

Ok yesterday I did all the chores...Have to say I didn't feel overwhelmed by it actually it was pretty easy and I could feel like I knew that in due time the house would all get done by Saturday!

today here we GO!!

Wipe down deep freeze (don't have a deep freezer butwill do a shelf in the fridge)
Pay/File bills (done)
Clean bathroom mirrors
Clean knickknacks and shelves (done)
Make beds ( DONE)
Load/Run/Empty dishwasher (loaded and running)
Sweep kitchen & entryway (roomba is going now )
Clean kitchen sink (DONE)
Clear/Wipe kitchen counters (DONE)
Plan / Cook dinner (DONE)
Wipe out bathroom sinks
Empty trash
Do laundry (one in washer and one in dryer)

Proud Momma of 2 boys R(6) L(4) & finally a GIRL (5/29/10)
..Fused & Fabulous!
#28 of 54 Old 06-22-2010, 01:16 PM

Ok, I've ordered a bound version from fedex. I've always found flylady a bit overwhelming and I have hopes for this. My biggest challenge to overcome is our bad habits.

:
#29 of 54 Old 06-22-2010, 02:03 PM

Tuesday 22
Wipe down deep freeze (outside & top)***not yet
Clean out purse/wallet ***not yet
Pay/File billsDONE
Clean bathroom mirrors***not yet
Clean knickknacks and shelves*not doing it
Dust hallways/entryway *don't need to
#30 of 54 Old 06-22-2010, 04:25 PM

I'm soooo in need of this! Thanks!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page