Where do you all... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 06-26-2010, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
keep your pocketbooks? I do not have a set place and would like to.

TIA

Susan hippie.gif Mama to DD (15) guitar.gif : DD (18) geek.gif & cat.gif
goorganic.jpg Rainbow.gifjoy.giftreehugger.gif winner.jpg coolshine.gifribbongrey.gif
#2 of 13 Old 06-26-2010, 05:33 PM

on a shelf
#3 of 13 Old 06-26-2010, 06:05 PM

Hung on a dining room chair, or on top of my grandmother's cedar chest which is an unfortunate catch-all right now.

Darla dishes.gif Jimguitar.gif Wrenflower.gif Papahat.gif Grandma dog2.gifNana Anne jumpers.gif & the Great Cosmic Mimi om.gif
3 houses - 2 blocks in the old neighborhood = 1 eclectic/traditional tribe!
#4 of 13 Old 06-26-2010, 06:23 PM

I put a hook on the inside of the door to the coat closet. We have to open the closet to put coats & shoes away, anyway, so it's convenient.

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#5 of 13 Old 06-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Banned

i don't have one, so problem solved. i put my keys, super slim wallet (has ID and debit card), and cell phone--what i carry in my pockets--into the bowl that i have for those items.
#6 of 13 Old 06-26-2010, 09:41 PM

In my car.

I'm horrible about remembering to bring it inside. When I do it sits on a built in desk in the kitchen.
#7 of 13 Old 06-27-2010, 06:09 PM

I keep mine in the kitchen, on the floor in a corner right next to the trash can. Not the best, lol! But it is behind the peninsula, so when people enter the kitchen they do not see it, and since most of my time is spent in the kitchen (with no cabinet space to store it in), it just kind of worked out this way, lol.
#8 of 13 Old 06-27-2010, 06:22 PM

Are you talking about one you are actively using and has your personal stuff in it or others that are not in use?

I have a hook near my key shelf for the one I'm using, or if it's a larger bad I use the doorknob to the coat closet, if it is the many that i'm not using right then I used to have cubbies, right now I have a box, I plan to have cubbies again when I move this year.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#9 of 13 Old 06-28-2010, 05:37 PM

The one I am using that has cash and ID and such in it hangs on a pub mirror hook between our front door and bookcase. The front windows are next to that bookcase. No other windows in this part of the house. So, it cannot be seen from outside our home and is easy to grab when walking out the door. I keep keys on various rings on the other two hooks on the same pub mirror. I use just a single house key the most because I walk DD to/from school every day. During the week, my phone is usually on the shelf of the same pub mirror because I end up taking that most afternoons when walking to pick up DD. When I drive somewhere, it is easy to toss the phone into my tiny purse and grab the correct set of keys since it is all right there. I also keep a wicker organizer basket (like one for a desk) on the most convenient shelf of the bookcase and have a small card case with YMCA IDs and library cards and DD's insurance card in one section. The coupons and gift cards are in another section. First aid kit is in another section. Chico bags and a pen are with the first aid kit. All easy to swap and grab as needed, but none can be seen from outside our home. Most visitors don't even notice them from inside our home, either.

I store my other purses inside a clear Lancome purse (remember when those were popular?) and hang it on an over-the-door hook in our coat closet. That hook has two hooks and my backpack purse is hanging from one and the clear purse of purses is hanging from the other. That clear purse comes in handy in several ways: 1) I can see at a glance what my options are (just a few) and 2) I use it for the beach or pool on occasion and other places where I either want to see everything easily and/or I want to protect the contents from getting wet. I have one or two purses that go with specific outfits (small fancy purses) and I hang those on the same hanger as the outfit.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#10 of 13 Old 06-28-2010, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I keep my purse in my room and I keep my keys on a simliar set up like sunnys. I have a roommate so I am limited to the changes I can make and my room does NOT have a closet, the closet I use is in my sons playroom.

I have to keep my keys hanging up or they will get lost in this house (as my roommate how many times she cant leave because she cant find her keys) If my purse wasn't so dang heavy I would hang that up too.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#11 of 13 Old 06-28-2010, 06:07 PM

On the end of the kitchen counter. I made a space there beside a basket of random stuff (pens, paper, tape, etc).

Keys go on a key rack right inside the door.
#12 of 13 Old 06-29-2010, 09:39 AM

The one that is being used I hang from a hook on the front closet. Extra purses are in a clear bag that a comforter came in, on a shelf in the coat closet.

Mom to ds 10/12 and dd 2/05 ribbonrainbow.gif

Blogging about living with xeroderma pigmentosum at www.pacificnights.org/ and about life in general at http://livingavibrantlife.blogspot.com/
#13 of 13 Old 06-29-2010, 12:58 PM

Ok can I just say how seriously great those clear bags that sheets sets, blankets and comforters come in are!!!! Love them, specially a few I have with clear pockets on the side that I use to hold a decryption of what is packed in them.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page