You guys make me feel better! I have terrible morning sickness right now and Ive felt really negative about myself since I can't do much without getting sick. My hubby doesn't mind and told me to not clean and just take care of myself but it gets to me. My two girls seems to be whirlwinds. When Im not sick I have a pretty set cleaning schedule heres what I do:
1. mop the floors- weekly, kitchen every few days. Im a nut about a clean kitchen, its something that drives me nuts when its dirty.
2. scrub bathroom fixtures- weekly. Even the light fixtures. Im allergic to dust and mold so I need to keep things clean otherwise Im miserable
3. clean the windows- inside, weekly. My girls love to help mommy clean the windows so they do a LOT of this. Outside, almost never. We live in a 9 story apartment building, I can't think of a safe way to clean the outside so it never gets done.
4. sweep the porch/patio/garage- every couple of months for the little balconies we have. We don't have a porch, patio or garage
5. clean out fridge and freezer- I go through and throw out old food weekly, wipe down about once a month. I never take it apart and really deep clean it. I think I did it once when I first moved in and once right before I had DD2 when I was nesting like crazy (I even took every drawer and shelve out of the kitchen and scrubed them.. I went crazy nesting, I hope I get some of that energy again)
6. dust ceiling fans- weekly, dust and mold grows like a fungus over here! Its horrible. Even weekly the mold gets bad.
7. wash the cars- Never, ever. We have owned the car we have for over 3 years and its been washed once. It rains buckets over here so I figure the rain washes it for us.
Since morning sickness hit I haven't done pretty much any cleaning except the bare minimum (dishes and laundry mostly) and even that is to much at times. Im about 11 weeks right now so Im praying it eases up soon so I can go back to feeling like myself again.
~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005