What would you like to say to the previous owner of your house? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 93 Old 07-29-2010, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dear Bill,
Thanks for all the work you did around here. The addition was nice. A few things though. Why when you redid the basement didn't you make it just a smidge deeper. (He redug the floor)
What was with the hot and cold being backwards?
The basement stairs in the dining room. Really? That's the best you could do?
I'm glad you stopped by that one time to show us pictures of the rennovation. We were really wondering about the insulation on the interior wall of the outbuilding. Also, DD1 has been enjoying playing archaeologist in the back yard. It belongs in a museum.

Dear next owners of my home,
I admit it. I painted over wall paper. Here is the story. There was wallpaper on three sides of the dining room. It was a neutral color with a light texture. I thought about taking it down but part of it is in the older part of the house and part in the addition. Considering all of the other shortcuts the previous owner made I figured it was what was holding the place together! Okay, I'm kidding about that (a little) but I was also concerned about what was under there in the older section. I didn't want to displace lead with little kids in the house. Please forgive me and don't type nasty stuff about me online.
I know the planters around the patio are weird but they used to be worse. Trust me.

Sincerely,
The yellow house on second street
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 93 Old 07-30-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrogate View Post
My Turn!!!

Dear Landlord

First off, thank you for totally renovating this home with all new everything before I moved in. However, you are a farmer, not an electrician...this isn't going to end well

Thank you for adding extra outlets! However none of the said outlets work ? Nor do half the light switches in the house. The lights flicker and things plugged into outlets turn on and off on their own...scary

I could go on and on...those are the basics. I can't complain too much, cause I got a great price on my rent...but it still stinks
Turn off the circuit that goes to the outlet(s). Take off the outlet covers and tighten the wires. The wire should be wrapped around in the SAME direction as you screw, otherwise, you will get flickering.

I had mystery on-off switches and outlets in my house. (Bathroom light would turn off and on on it's own, and worked reliably only when something was plugged into the living room outlet. Turns out, the plugged in thing was keeping the contacts tight. Rescrewing everything solved my problems.)

And, I'll add another thing to my old owner: Why did you put little dots of white spray paint all over the cupboards and walls? I think you were trying to cover little holes and marks before you sold the place, but it was really obvious and weird. The drips of paint extending from each quarter-sized spray were a unique touch.

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#93 of 93 Old 07-31-2010, 01:22 AM

Everyone had glitter on their ceilings where I grew up. I thought it was a special mandatory thing when I was young. I always thought.. when I grow up I'm going to figure out a way to get me some anti glitter flat ceiling but I bet it's waaay expensive! Never dawned on me people did it on purpose until I was much older :P

Thank you for not doing anything in the contract for purchasing your home, like putting up the ceiling fan (still have a bunch of wires hanging down) or sealing the roof from leaks. But most of all thanks for dry walling over the black mold. Didn't work.. it just grew over your new drywall.. wtg. My paranoi is at an all time high with that crap in my garage as it is the wall that attaches to my bedroom. FABulous.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page