If money was no object, what would your house look like? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 08-04-2010, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If money were no object I would live on some property in the south of France that had multiple houses so I could bring my mom and sister and we would spend the days watching the kids run through the fields.

But if I reel it in a little I would gut my house and our coach house.The coach house would be an artists' studio and in our house the walk up attic and the basement would get finished.

I don't think our style would change too much but everything we owned would be hand made.That's our big fantasy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 38 Old 08-05-2010, 04:47 AM
Banned

yeah, i'm like a few PPs here.

first, i would have land. not a ton of land, but a fair bit. i would have a cob build, off the grid house. i would likely grow bamboo or some other sustainable plant for burning in the wood burning stove (a friend of mine does this). it would have a lot of gardens, as above, and be very minimally decorated. i like the furniture to take prominence--so i would buy beautiful, natural pieces built beautifully and built to last (and also eco-friendly/sustainable).

i would use jars (as i do now) for flowers, as i love to have bouquets around.

so, yeah. i would just be more of what i do now.
#33 of 38 Old 08-05-2010, 06:19 AM

We just custom built our home last year so it is absolutely perfect for us. It isn't cluttered or overly full with "stuff". I would just like it to be moved to a huge piece of land somewhere. Not possible at all to afford in Belgium though so I am happy with what I do have!

Maggie(35) Wife to Frank(44) since 6/6/1998
Mama to Annabelle 11/10/1998-11/17/1998,Francesca 3/15/2000, Natasja 6/17/2004, EDD 08/19/2014

#34 of 38 Old 08-16-2010, 11:15 PM

The outside would look like this:
http://www.simondale.net/house/index.htm

I'd want it a bit bigger, but this is the general idea. Off grid, surrounded by acres and acres of land that my like-minded family/friends would live on as well. Not to mention the whole assortment of homesteading things that would go with my strawbale, off grid hobbit home...

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

#35 of 38 Old 08-17-2010, 02:58 PM

I would not have a larger house, what we have is great. But I would have a few houses that are smaller. Such as an apartment in a metro area with an awesome kitchen in every property I own since I love having a great kitchen.
I would also have a home in a beach or resort type town. This is a goal we have someday.

We have always been DIY etc so we pretty much can have what we want such as craftsman furnture etc. Its more of the timing and $$ resources stopping us from having it right here right now. But we kind of like the waiting and dreaming instead of just having it all right now. Make sense?

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#36 of 38 Old 08-17-2010, 03:23 PM

If money were no object,first off I'd have a house and not an apartment! Then, I'd pay for Sara Janssen to come fix up my house. http://www.flickr.com/photos/happyja...7622958743825/

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

#37 of 38 Old 08-17-2010, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulmama View Post
I would have an old small farm/cottage home that was renovated but still with old style features and charm. It would be located on a farm with no other homes in sight with plenty of animals, garden, orchard, barn, etc.....
This gives me such a sense of longing

Decluttering 500/2010
#38 of 38 Old 08-17-2010, 03:47 PM

If money were no object, our home would be decorated much like it is already - very minimalist with good quality but "buy-it-for-life" furniture. Probably the quality would be better and more environmentally friendly, but I like what we have now. I don't decorate. I don't like clutter and a blank white wall is beautiful to me.

Basically, it would be a typically minimalist Scandinavian home, with the smallest carbon footprint we could manage. It would be self-sustaining and next to a large, beautiful northern lake with lots of land. Something like this would be nice.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page