organizing puzzles - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-05-2010, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have any good ideas for this? I have about 15 and they are all different sizes and thickness. i have a few that are really big with chunky knobs so a puzzle rack wouldn't really work.
#2 of 7 Old 08-06-2010, 04:43 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
When ds was little I just put them on a bookshelf. It was a balancing act.
Or they would be on the coffee table.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#3 of 7 Old 08-06-2010, 02:49 PM

What about those desk trays that hold papers?

http://www.oppictures.com/singleimag...B86028_1_1.JPG
http://ibuyofficesupply.com/images/p...B29431_1_1.JPG

(I know you can get nicer-looking ones but just wanted an image to show what I was talking about) -- that would probably hold the bulkier puzzles & you could always do a traditional puzzle rack for the others that would fit.

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
#4 of 7 Old 08-06-2010, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We just stack ours, flat ones on the bottom, then the raised ones w/o knobs, then the big-knob ones (or play boards with lots of little knobs), then the small-knob ones on top. It's not a pretty solution, but other than tossing them all in a drawer or basket, I don't know what else to do. (And a drawer would probably be messier than putting the pieces together and stacking neatly...)
#5 of 7 Old 08-06-2010, 10:40 PM

I have two sturdy shallow baskets that our puzzles go into. I keep only two or three puzzles out on the playroom shelves at a time and the rest are stored neatly with pieces in them in the baskets in the closet in the playroom. I change the puzzles out about once per week.

Beth, mom of three

#6 of 7 Old 08-08-2010, 05:54 PM

We put them in the large ziplock bags. (If you didn't want plastic you could easily sew rectangular bags and do velcro or a zipper at the end.) They can then be stacked, put in baskets, on shelves, etc. Our library puts in a hole with grommet and then hangs them from hooks.

Wife and mama to one awesome boy. love.gif
#7 of 7 Old 08-17-2010, 10:54 PM

I keep our in mesh laundry bags so the peices don't go all over the place. I like the idea of adding grommets and putting them on hooks.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page