What type of planner/organizer do you use? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-06-2010, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am beginning my search for a good planner to begin to use. I want a paper one not digital. I am a stationary lover/junkie.

What do you use? I am interested in either a bought one or a self made one.

Thanks for reading,
Elizabeth in NC
#2 of 7 Old 08-07-2010, 01:08 AM

As far as bought, you can check out Franklin Covey or Daytimer. I think Franklin Covey even has a special one for moms that has space to write several different schedules for kids etc.

http://store.franklinplanner.com/store/index.jsp

http://www.daytimer.com/
#3 of 7 Old 08-07-2010, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Not sure about you, but I have to have my planner on the refrigerator. This way, DH sees everything that's going on so that he can be home from work accordingly to be with the LOs, (e.g. if I have a meeting on a weeknight).

I have a dry-erase calendar, and then for a buck at a craft store, I bought a weekly calendar with tear-off sheets and a magnet on the back of it. The latter I use for my to-do lists. Either way, I make sure that all of our scheduling stuff is out in the open and visible to the whole family.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#4 of 7 Old 08-07-2010, 08:17 PM

I like the MomAgenda products - love the fridge magnetic weekly calendar! The planners are great, too...but are bigger than I wanted this year, so I just switched to a cheapo small spiral-bound weekly planner from Target that has been just fine for our needs.
#5 of 7 Old 08-08-2010, 09:18 AM

For years I have used Mom's Plan It planner and I love it. It starts in August so I can start a new one each school year. I have schedules, menus, grocery shopping, appointments, phone numbers, etc.

Susan hippie.gif Mama to DD (15) guitar.gif : DD (18) geek.gif & cat.gif
goorganic.jpg Rainbow.gifjoy.giftreehugger.gif winner.jpg coolshine.gifribbongrey.gif
#6 of 7 Old 08-08-2010, 06:00 PM

If you are going to make your own planner, you can try printing one off from microsoft publisher or microsoft word. You can create it in any size you'd like.

My favorite purchased calendar is one from Harold Taylor (www.haroldtaylor.com). It's great for personal or small business use.

Googlecalendar or any online planner will allow you to view your calendar from your cell phone.

The bottom line is not so much which calendar you use, but that you use only one calendar. When you use more than one (example -one for work, one for activities, one for family), things have a tendency to fall through the cracks, and appointments get missed.
#7 of 7 Old 08-13-2010, 01:48 AM

I use the Polestar Family Calendar.
Each day has a space for family appointments, meals/kitchen and home. There are two columns down the centre spine - one for To Do, and one To Buy, so you can have master lists, or jot down items like "light bulbs for the bathroom" that may not make the grocery list.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page