Do you line your pantry and cuboards? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-27-2010, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are blessed with a ton of storage space in the kitchen, more than we actually use and need really. I ripped out the only liner in the pantry a couple months ago and just wiped it down and now I'm considering lining it because I've been inspired by this picture some colorful paper. The pantry has double doors but I usually keep it open. Our cuboards are not lined and have never been. I'm in major nesting mode and ready to tackle the kitchen, and my only dilema at the moment is to line, or not line the pantry and cuboards.

Ma (26) to a happy boy 04.07 and due with another 01.11 ~ finally marrying my HS sweetie 02.12!
#2 of 6 Old 08-27-2010, 01:24 PM

I lined my cupboards in my old house, old kitchen (before we had remodeled it) out of necessity. I wouldn't do it again if not necessary because it it nearly impossible to get the lining right to the exact edge of the cupboards and little crumbs, pieces of dirt, etc like to find their way into that groove. It is harder to clean that groove out than if it weren't lined at all and you could just wipe the whole shelf off.

WAHM to a toddler, preschooler, and kindergarten student. 
:

#3 of 6 Old 08-27-2010, 08:39 PM

When we owned our own home, I did not line b/c I did not want to mess it up, and I have a hard time doing it to the standard I would like, lol! However, living in Army quarters mostly, I always line them
#4 of 6 Old 08-27-2010, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh09 View Post
I lined my cupboards in my old house, old kitchen (before we had remodeled it) out of necessity. I wouldn't do it again if not necessary because it it nearly impossible to get the lining right to the exact edge of the cupboards and little crumbs, pieces of dirt, etc like to find their way into that groove. It is harder to clean that groove out than if it weren't lined at all and you could just wipe the whole shelf off.
I ripped out the only liner because of crumbs and old food getting stuck. I can see it being a pain to line (I didn't do it the first time around) so maybe I'll just let it sit as it remains.

Ma (26) to a happy boy 04.07 and due with another 01.11 ~ finally marrying my HS sweetie 02.12!
#5 of 6 Old 08-28-2010, 01:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I only line cupboards that are old & kind of dingy. I give everything a good scrub & if it still doesn't look clean than I line it.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#6 of 6 Old 08-28-2010, 09:54 AM

Hey, that's my son's bathroom!

That isn't paper, I painted those shelves.

I would love to find some pretty liner paper for my hall linen closet.

ETA: Oh my goodness, look at these: http://www.chicshelfpaper.com/script...ield=sortorder

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page