10 or 15 Minute Sessions of Cleaning--Please join in! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 1254 Old 10-19-2010, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow! Looks like everyone had a great day!!
Apple cider- you can do it! I find once I get started on something its easier to push through everything. Getting started is the hard part.
Eviesmom- We only have one set for our bed too, I wash sheets/blankets on alternating weeks and the blankets only get washed once a month (unless there is an accident of some kind). I do the sniff test a lot though to make sure they aren't gross, I have a super sensitive sense of smell so I can smell things long before anyone else can.
bejeweled- I have issues taking out the trash as well. We are lucky (and unlucky) that the trash room is three doors down from our apartment, everytime I leave the house I make sure there is no trash to go out. Its easier to take one bag/recycleables than it is to take several.
Poetry- for the books, do you have any prettier baskets/boxes or can you craft some to keep them in then you could have them out under the table or even under a bed for now until you move? I use to store seasonal items under beds when we didn't have a storage area (our first apartment was a little under 600 feet so we learned to live creatively, even though there were only 2 of us).

My list for the day:

Order Christmas fabric.. This is my 3rd attempt, they keep running out. I really really like this fabric though so hopefully they can fulfill the order.
Order new steam mop off of amazon.

clean up front room
wipe down sliding glass doors in dining room
neaten the bookcase
scrub the hall floor
get the beads ready to mail in for the bead swap (these need to get mailed tomorrow!)
Work on birthday banner, I want to get all the pennants made and the letters sewn on today.
Work on the girls Halloween aprons

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#302 of 1254 Old 10-19-2010, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm going back to work!

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#303 of 1254 Old 10-19-2010, 05:31 PM

Today I have: (not done much!)

made breakfast
put in load of laundry
took ds to school
WORKED OUT
made lunch

Now to do some serious cleaning for a bit and maybe play with the kids!

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#304 of 1254 Old 10-19-2010, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dd's room is done!

It's decluttered, rearranged and swept.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#305 of 1254 Old 10-19-2010, 07:01 PM

Well, I got the sheets washed, but not the other laundry so far. DS didn't take a nap. I have though--

*Washed and dried sheets
*Pulled out clothes to do seasonal change over
*Picked up toys and miscellaneous in the living room
*Taken out trash
*Taken out recycling
*Made lunch for DS, me, and DD (packed for school)
*Unpacked and put away the suitcase

I'm still hoping to do another load of laundry today and finish seasonal clothes change. If not tonight, then tomorrow for sure!

Happy with my DH, 2 kids, dog, fish, and frogs
#306 of 1254 Old 10-19-2010, 07:06 PM

My list for this afternoon (other than dailies): vacuum stairs and 2nd floor; sweep/swiffer downstairs; clean out my closet; do the 1st Holiday Cruise Mission a la Flylady; Clean a closet; purge shoes.

(I get my lists from Flylady, House Honcho, and Motivated Moms)

Cleaned my closet--just had a few things that were fallen and needed hanging back up and purged my shoes--put my summer shoes in a box in the garage.

And swept/swiffered/used the wood-floor cleaner downstairs. As for upstairs, after my son finishes therapy, I'll work up there. Need to rescue the dog from my 9 year old. Rather, she needs to go outside (the kid, not the dog).
#307 of 1254 Old 10-19-2010, 07:11 PM

So far Ive:
folded and put away a load of clothing
tided up the living room
scrubed the hallway floor
printed out the message for the beads
emptyed the dishwasher and put away the dishes
wipe down the kitchen counter.

Its past 7am so Im going to go make breakfest, package up the beads, and work on my other to dos.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#308 of 1254 Old 10-19-2010, 07:50 PM

Laundry moved around.

Really- I lost a lot of time- the boys napped at the same time and I sat around doing very little. Bad bad bad... but it felt so good!
#309 of 1254 Old 10-19-2010, 08:54 PM

Breakfest done and cleaned up from, bookcases neatened and windows cleaned. The girls have been bathed for the first of many times today as well.

Its not even 9 and I finished all the cleaning things I needed to do! There is some good in the girls sleeping in late (late for them is 730, they are usually up between 530-6) I can get cleaning done without feeling bad about not playing with them. Now all I need to do is work on sewing stuff.

#310 of 1254 Old 10-19-2010, 09:08 PM

I can add making dinner that was actually very good, even though I winged it from what was in the cupboards rather than doing a grocery run. Chickpea and cranberry couscous (I had couscous, dried cranberries, chickpeas and I added ginger, rosemary, garlic, and olive oil, topped with sliced almonds. Even the kids ate it, so it was a total success!)

And we had the last of leftover birthday cake from DS party this weekend.

I'm making my way through the laundry--last load ready to go in when the present comes out shortly. And I have a date with the TV to sort through the clothes for sell/put away for next year/put in drawers for fall/winter use.

#311 of 1254 Old 10-19-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviesMom View Post
I can add making dinner that was actually very good, even though I winged it from what was in the cupboards rather than doing a grocery run. Chickpea and cranberry couscous (I had couscous, dried cranberries, chickpeas and I added ginger, rosemary, garlic, and olive oil, topped with sliced almonds. Even the kids ate it, so it was a total success!)

And we had the last of leftover birthday cake from DS party this weekend.

I'm making my way through the laundry--last load ready to go in when the present comes out shortly. And I have a date with the TV to sort through the clothes for sell/put away for next year/put in drawers for fall/winter use.
dude. that dinner sounds FAB! can you share with me, I'm new to couscous.....is it like a pasta? you can just add legumes, spices, fruits and such? you made me HUNGRY!!

ok, I am going to RIGHT NOW sort through seasonal clothing and get it put in the right place. boys are gone tonight hanging with daddy, so me and two year old princess are about to tackle the job!
#312 of 1254 Old 10-20-2010, 01:50 AM

Couscous is a grain..and as you are new to it, just a tip it's pronounced like Koos Koos..(you say the S) I once heard a woman at a parent fundraiser calling it Koo Koo and you should have seen the snickers around the room.

It is so easy to prepare, just add it to boiling water or hot stock and stir till it absorbs the liquid...so fast! It combines well with spicy food, or things with fruit like apricots. My daughter loves eating it with greek yoghurt.

SAHM to three
#313 of 1254 Old 10-20-2010, 02:11 AM

Evie- that mean sounds very yummy! I wish I could get my kids to eat couscous but its a no go, I tried once.

Im glad I don't really have to worry about seasonal clothing right now. Where we live it doesn't get cold enough to warrent any thing more than light jackets or sweaters.

I did some on the banner, sewed on all the letters to happy, birthday and one of the names(Im making a name banner for each person). I started to get so tired of sewing on letters I decided to stop.
I also pressed the fabric for the aprons(thats all Im going to probably get done on the aprons today, my girls want to clean their playroom so they can play board games which both require my help), made the meatloaf for dinner, made a salad for dinner, browned some beef for another meal and filled the beanbag I sewed earlier this last week... then I lost the beanbag to my girls who started playing toss with it guess I can't count that one has a Christmas present.

#314 of 1254 Old 10-20-2010, 05:54 AM

Two wide awake little boys at 2 am, now wide awake at 3 am... I did get some cleaning done though, and I'm too asleep to have noticed much about scrubbing the floor....

Now to do some dusting while I wait for Thing 1 and Thing 2 to realize that it is not, in fact, party time.
#315 of 1254 Old 10-20-2010, 08:13 AM

confustication- Im almost glad that Im not the only one whos kids do that at times. About once every few months, one or both are up at between 2-3am and are up until nap time (noon)... I was feeling odd because none of my friends have that problem, Im glad to finally met someone who does. Hopefully they go to bed for you soon..

Dinner and clean up done, did some knitting on my Dad's scarf.. Im off to bed.

#316 of 1254 Old 10-20-2010, 11:33 AM

Todays list: Clean and organize lower cabinets, wash dog blankets, finish one load laundry, wipe down light switches, dust my bedroom, wipe down counters (even under small appliances), hang up a couple pictures, and clean fingerprints and such off a wall, plus the dailies.

Before taking my son to therapy, I cleaned and organized the lower cabinets, washed the dog blankets, did a load of laundry, wiped down light switches, dusted my bedroom, hung up the pictures, and cleaned the wall, and called in maintenance to replace the lights in our stairwell and kitchen (really high ceilings there), the dailies except for cleaning the kitchen, which will be done after dinner.
#317 of 1254 Old 10-20-2010, 12:09 PM

It's not frequent, but they were both wide awake and trying to settle them back down to sleep wasn't happening. i try to make use of those times because otherwise I just sit on the couch wanting to go back to bed.

So, my list for the day:

*clean fridge
*wash pack and play
*move computer desk (if the boys sleep!)
*make an apple crisp (I have a crazy oversupply of apples and I need to do something with them)
*clean oven
*wash kids' linens
*reclaim living room (again!)
#318 of 1254 Old 10-20-2010, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm trying to be productive today. Our *only* family car broke down on DH's way to work this morning. We really need it to last until bonus and tax time. I'm hoping it's something that can be bandaided until then. So I'm stressed and I'm going to try to be productive to get my mind off things.

If babe allows, I'm going to do work in the living room, sorting through the contents of the closet.
#319 of 1254 Old 10-20-2010, 01:01 PM

Oh my, our only family car broke down yesterday too and we're taking it to the shop. I am so hoping this is something minor. Sending the same vibe to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post
I'm trying to be productive today. Our *only* family car broke down on DH's way to work this morning. We really need it to last until bonus and tax time. I'm hoping it's something that can be bandaided until then. So I'm stressed and I'm going to try to be productive to get my mind off things.

If babe allows, I'm going to do work in the living room, sorting through the contents of the closet.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#320 of 1254 Old 10-20-2010, 01:02 PM

I'm dragging today...but I only have a few things that MUST get done:

- Dishes
- Surfaces (kitchen)
- Gather Laundry (start if needed)
- Fold/Away at least 1 load of laundry

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#321 of 1254 Old 10-20-2010, 01:04 PM

Today I:

*made breakfast
*got DD off to school
*cleared the kitchen (dishes rinsed & in sink, counters clean)
*wiped down the bathrooms
*took out the trash
*made the bed
*am in the process of washing clothes
*plan to take the car to the shop
*tutored
*made a delicious dinner w/black bean salad & chicken

Hoping for a good day.

#322 of 1254 Old 10-20-2010, 01:15 PM

kitchen tidied and living room de-toyed for the first time today
breakfast and coffee prepared - I plan to live on coffee for the vast majority of the day.
kids linens started and pack and play wiped down
Need to plan something for dinner- any easy mindless suggestions welcome :P
#323 of 1254 Old 10-20-2010, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *bejeweled* View Post
Oh my, our only family car broke down yesterday too and we're taking it to the shop. I am so hoping this is something minor. Sending the same vibe to you.
Sending positive vibes your way. Our bandaid is $700+, but at least it can be fixed. We plan to get another car within several months, but aren't ready to do that just yet. Good luck to you~
#324 of 1254 Old 10-20-2010, 02:01 PM

[QUOTE=confustication;15965358]- I plan to live on coffee for the vast majority of the day.

#325 of 1254 Old 10-20-2010, 02:08 PM

So, my list for the day- progress before lunch

*clean fridge Done
*wash pack and playDone
*move computer desk (if the boys sleep!)This may take some time. I want very much to accomplish it, but the kids are pretty crasy today. I may enlist my mom to keep them busy this weekend.
*make an apple crisp (I have a crazy oversupply of apples and I need to do something with them)
*clean oven
*wash kids' linensAbout half done with this. I need to do my own as well since DS 1 took a nap in my bed and had an accident. Ugh.
*reclaim living room (again!)
#326 of 1254 Old 10-20-2010, 03:08 PM

Yesterday I went to my mom's for the night and so I tried to get stuff done before I left. In addition to the red stuff below, I did:

clean table
dishes
sweep
straighten
vacuum/straighten upstairs

It feels so good to come home this am to a mostly clean house! Left for the week is:

clean out microwave
clean behind stove
finish laundry (put away!!) (almost done)
mop
stain wood for baseboard
vacuum rugs/corners
clean washer
vacuum car
clean out fridge
mop upstairs
clean bathroom
still need to clean the toilet

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#327 of 1254 Old 10-20-2010, 03:52 PM

Last night I:
Washed all the laundry in the house
Sorted into piles for each family member
Weeded out the obviously not going to fit next summer clothes for the kids
Put too many fall/winter clothes into the kids' drawers
Left 2 giant baskets of my fall/winter and DHs fall/winter clothes out
Vacuumed out the couch cushions

This morning I have:
Fed everybody breakfast and lunch, making use of leftovers, hoorah!
Homeschooled DD
Walked the dog
Cleaned up from our science experiment this morning

Still on my list are:
Put all the fall/winter clothes in proper places and not overstuff the drawers
Unload and reload the dishwasher (today's dishes are in the sink ATM)
Have kids pick up their toys (not too bad, thankfully!)
Sweep and quick mop the floor
Make the beds
Clean out the aquarium
And go to the bank

Dinner is apple-squash soup from the freezer and open faced grilled cheese sandwiches.

#328 of 1254 Old 10-20-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Dinner is apple-squash soup from the freezer and open faced grilled cheese sandwiches.
That sounds delicious. I'm going to do soup and sandwiches too.

I've been feeling kinda rundown today, so I haven't accomplished near what I wanted to. But that's ok. I have been washing clothes seemingly all day.

I will take the car to the shop in the morning. The mechanic told us over the phone it sounds like a spark plug. I hope so...

#329 of 1254 Old 10-20-2010, 05:09 PM

I hope everyones car troubles get taken care of soon! Our car breaking down is one of my biggest fears since DH works 30 minutes away. Its the only thing that really bugs me about only having one car.
Oh soup sounds good for dinner but DH isn't going to be home tonight so there is no use making a big pot of soup for just me and the girls. We are doing leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes.
Im taking a break from scrubing the floors today. I need to get a new magic eraser (I don't usually use commercial cleaning products but its the only thing that gets the stuff off of the floor. So my list for today is:

- work on banner some more
- at least cut out both of the aprons. Do more if the girls aren't to bad.
- Go through the Christmas make list and see what is/isn't going to happen. DH was suppose to take leave in the first week of November so I can work without having to take care of the girls at the same time, they just told him he couldn't take time off after all.. Makes me really MAD since he hardly ever takes time off.
- reorganize the pantry
- clean up the dresser top in our bedroom
- sweep mop bedroom(girls), bedroom (master) and playroom.
- clean the windows in the girls room and playroom (especially this one )
- find a good easy knitted hat pattern for adults
- strip DD's bed, wash linens, remake bed
- strip big bed, wash sheets, remake bed
- Find a monkey felt animal pattern.
- work on bean bags. - bean bags all done!

#330 of 1254 Old 10-20-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:

Oh- that sounds so good.. I haven't ever tried apple squash soup, but i have an abundance of both... google-fu, don't fail me now!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page