10 or 15 Minute Sessions of Cleaning--Please join in! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 1254 Old 10-27-2010, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What did you make for supper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post
Congrats on your productivity, *bejeweled* & boogiemonster!

I've had a very unproductive day. But I did get the dishes washed and I started a healthy supper from scratch.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#422 of 1254 Old 10-27-2010, 09:53 PM

My DH always says he doesn't know how I can clean and take care of kids at the same time, he can't manage it..
Luckily he was able to do all the storm prep last night when he got off of work. Then this morning he went in and was sent right home so we get an extra day with him Hes been working so much the kids are loving having him around today.
So far this morning we have:
Put away dishes, reloaded dishwasher, handwashed pans
cleaned the kitchen
swept/mopped the kitchen
cleaned up and swept the living/dining room, girls room and playroom
moved the bed and swept underneath.

We still want to try to do:
- make cookies for the halloween party just in case it still goes
- go through Christmas stuff, make a list of what we need
- carve pumpkins
- sew DH's apron just in case
- finish sewing banner while DH is here to distract the kids
- wash the fabric for the girls dresses/my dress

Thats about it cause I know its going to be a LONG day here. Hopefully we dont' lose power!

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#423 of 1254 Old 10-28-2010, 04:37 AM

Got the birthday banner done finally..
Here are pictures of the last few things Ive done:
Squeeky in his tie
Bun in the Oven shirt
Holiday Aprons
Stocking Aprons
Birthday Banner

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#424 of 1254 Old 10-28-2010, 09:17 AM

I your stocking aprons, especially the one with the black trim. Nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post
Got the birthday banner done finally..
Here are pictures of the last few things Ive done:
Squeeky in his tie
Bun in the Oven shirt
Holiday Aprons
Stocking Aprons
Birthday Banner

#425 of 1254 Old 10-28-2010, 10:29 AM

This is a nice article on decluttering our lives from zenhabits.net

http://zenhabits.net/light-life/#more-7000

#426 of 1254 Old 10-28-2010, 10:32 AM

Today I:

*made breakfast
*got DD off to school
*cleared the kitchen (dishes rinsed, counters clean)
*made the bed
*am washing clothes
*hope to study a lot

#427 of 1254 Old 10-28-2010, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
*bejeweled*, I made pasta with lentils and roasted butternut squash from Vegan on the Cheap. It actually called for linguine, but I had penne so I used that, instead. We're trying to save money.

I've been very distracted all day because the car broke down on DH's way to work again. We just put over $700 into it last week and don't get another paycheck until next Thursday. This time it's something with the gas peddle. It's at the garage where it had to be towed. I wonder if we'll ever get ahead. Needless to say, the link you posted really helped to put things in perspective, *bejeweled*.

Okimom, I love all of the things you sew! I especially love the tie and aprons. The birthday banner is a great idea and I think it came out really nice.

It's about 12:50 where I am and I've got absolutely nothing done all day except worrying. I'm going to try to see if DS will play while I exercise for a few. I don't have lofty goals today. My goals are to do a little exercising, shower and dress, nap if I can and make Samosa Pie for supper.

Good luck and productivity vibes to all~~ Thanks for listening to me whine.
#428 of 1254 Old 10-28-2010, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

I got the exercising done and I also read DS a story from the Basket of Story Books from Long Ago. He held Raggedy Ann who lives with Andy in the basket with the story books. I'm going to shower at the first opportunity.

Right now I might work on my bedroom closet. I have a couple garbage bags of clothes in there that I had packed away when I was pregnant and they didn't fit the last I checked. I'm going to try them on and donate whatever doesn't fit at this point, as I'm below my prepregnancy weight now. I think the last time I tried them, they were still too small or just didn't look right. In any case, organizing helps me to feel in control of things, and I so need that feeling right now. I've made so much progress in my home the last month and a half. What I've accomplished is truly incredible. I tend to think in terms of what still needs to be done, but as DH pointed out to me recently, the things that are left are the easier tasks. I've already gotten through the worst of it. If there was a pat-yourself-on-the-back smiley, I'd insert it here. :-)
#429 of 1254 Old 10-28-2010, 02:54 PM

PoetryLover, things will soon be better.

#430 of 1254 Old 10-28-2010, 03:02 PM

Cute stuff Okimom!

Today I unloaded the dishwasher.

That is all.

I'll do more later, like tidying up but nothing major.

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#431 of 1254 Old 10-28-2010, 07:01 PM

I wasn't hugely productive today, but I did get dinner in the oven and managed a shower for myself!

I need to do a once over through my living room, and run some laundry through before bed tonight. Oh, and I should clean the kitchen...

We have to leave early tomorrow morning for a pumpkin hunt followed by DS's therapy, so I'll lay out clothes and costumes before we go to bed tonight.
#432 of 1254 Old 10-28-2010, 08:33 PM

I haven't done much today. Well, except for work this morning from 8:30 to 12:30, work on homeschooling with the kids in the afternoon, take them to the Y to work out, then come home and feed them dinner.

I'm going to try to get some laundry put away before bed.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#433 of 1254 Old 10-28-2010, 08:47 PM

Poetry its hard when things just seem to be falling apart in some places to make headway in others. I too tend to look at what isnt done instead of what is. Dh says he wishes he took pictures of before I started to show me how much I actually got done He would have too.

Today we might (or might not) have a power outage. If we do I just need to keep the kids entertained.. if we don't I need to:
bake cookies (I didn't get done yesterday)
work on home management binder
start sewing advent calanders

#434 of 1254 Old 10-28-2010, 09:22 PM

Just checked the flyer for the outage, it was suppose to start at 730am which was almost 2 hours ago so Im thinking its not happening..
What I have done so far:
cleaned the kitchen, filled the dishwasher, emptied and refilled it, emptied it again and filled it (dishes didn't get done yesterday then I made some muffins this morning with the girls "help)
finished washing the fabric I got in the mail
started up a load of towels..

Since Im pretty sure that they aren't doing the outage today Im going to revise my list.. new list:
make cookies, cool and wrap up for tonight
put everything thats suppose to be on the patio back out on the patio, store (planting) pots in storage closet until its time to plant (Im putting it off until we know if we will be here for spring or not!)
Move the bed back into the bedroom (DH moved it out so he could take apart the bedframe and take it out to bulk trash, it broke yesterday while we were cleaning) Might wait to do this until DH gets home from work so he doesn't kill me for moving the matress without him.
Make bed
straighten living room. DH looked after the girls last night, do I have to explain more . They had a "camp out" in the living room now I need to clean up their makeshift sleeping bags.
Clean both bathrooms. Steam mop the floors
iron fabric for my dress and girls Christmas dresses

Oh by the way, I LOVE the new steam mop we ordered. Works a TON better than the one we had and it doesn't leak water all over the place from the faulty tank. Yay!

#435 of 1254 Old 10-28-2010, 09:27 PM

I started going through the closet in my bedroom. Started. I think this may be a multi-week project.
#436 of 1254 Old 10-29-2010, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

*bejeweled* and okimom, thanks. It ended up being another $210, but we got the car back by the end of the day. It could have been worse.

confustication, good luck on your closet. I have to sort through all my shoes still and organize the top shelf. Then I think I'm moving on to the bathroom closet.

Okimom, congrats on the new steam mop! How are you sewing the advent calendars? I plan to make one with my DSD, but it will likely not be sewn this year. I want to have something, though, where we determine a special activity to do every day.

Well, it's 9:30 where I am and I suppose I should get up and do something. Maybe I'll sweep and mop the kitchen floor while babe sleeps in (he NEVER sleeps in these days)...
#437 of 1254 Old 10-29-2010, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

I swept and mopped the kitchen, pantry and bathroom. I also reheated leftovers for lunch, emptied the kitchen and bathroom trash (and put the bags in the utility room for DH to take out when he gets home from work) and scooped the litter box. Then I sang songs and did finger plays with DS.

Now I need to organize some important paperwork.
#438 of 1254 Old 10-29-2010, 01:41 PM

clean out microwave
clean behind stove
finish laundry (put away!!)
mop
stain wood for baseboard
vacuum rugs/corners
clean washer
vacuum car
clean out fridge started
mop upstairs
clean bathroom

vacuum where the cat eats
clean cat bed
clean under couches

Alright I still need to finish this original list at some point. I'm currently just maintaining, but that's ok. Today I:

made beds/straightened upstairs
made breakfast
took ds to school
diapers in dryer/new load in washer

I want to:
tidy living room
sort through paper piles
dishes
maybe do one thing off my list

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#439 of 1254 Old 10-29-2010, 01:46 PM

This morning DH took DD to school, so I got a chance to:

-make all the beds
-clean all the bathroom sinks and toilets
-empty and refill the dishwasher
-switch the laundry
-clean out my purse

boogiemonster | the hairy scotsman | anna the elf | lucy the sprite | wee faerie faye, born 01/02/11

#440 of 1254 Old 10-29-2010, 04:24 PM

Today I:

*made breakfast
*got DD off to school
*cleared the kitchen (dishes rinsed, counters clean)
*am washing clothes
*volunteered at DD's school
*went to lunch with DH
*voted!
*vegged out this evening

#441 of 1254 Old 10-29-2010, 09:40 PM

Poetry, Im sewing the ones Im making but there are TONS of ideas out there for things you can do not sewing. A few I have bookmarked:
Uses Tins and a Canvas
Tins and a spray painted cookie sheet
A few different ideas, scroll down a little to find the different links
Clip board Advent

I have a few more but my 3 year old is giving my husband a hard time so I need to go see whats wrong with her.
Today I have nothing planned. We need to pick up a few things then we are going trick or treating at the local Air Force base.

#442 of 1254 Old 10-30-2010, 10:03 PM

The kids had so much fun last night! Im glad they were able to go out, unfortunately I pushed myself a little to far and now I feel horrible and my back/hips are killing me. I stayed home from church (no way I wanted to try contimplating climbing stairs when Im already sick to my stomach and in pain) so Im going to try to get a few things done while the girls are distracted. I need to:
- put dinner in the crockpot
- wash the lining fabric for my anniversary dress-
- wash fabric for ball gown
- trace pattern for dresses One more piece to trace
- Iron fabric since I didn't get a chance
- pin/cut out anniversary dress

When DH gets home hes promised to help me clean up the house since it a bit of a mess. I need to:
- clean bathrooms (never got done)
- straighten/sweep/mop: living/dining room, kitchen, playroom, master bedroom
- put bed back in bedroom
- make bed

Thats about it. Tonight we are going to do some fun Halloween activities with the girls.

#443 of 1254 Old 10-31-2010, 01:38 AM

The fabric is all washed, I cleaned up the kitchen while I was waiting on the fabric and I almost have all the pattern pieces cut, just one more left. I also started laundry, hopefully I won't have much laundry to do tomorrow.
Both bathrooms are done and so is the master bedroom.. The dinner was disgusting so I have to figure out something else Doesn't happen very often but when it does its bad! Im going to go work on cleaning the playroom after I figure out dinner.
eta- Im really tired and sick to my stomach so everything else is going to wait until tomorrow. Im going to eat dinner and then crash instead. I figure the mess will wait.

#444 of 1254 Old 10-31-2010, 09:58 AM

thanks for the thoughts mama's.. im feeling a LOT better. i AM sore but its more just being 39 weeks pregnant with #4 i think than from being sick at this point.
i wish i didn't have insane insomnia right now.. i have been awake since 3:30 am
everyone in my house is still fast asleep (its 6 now)

but im slowly getting there!
we moved in here in july and renovated everything, so its a work in progress and so many little things left to do.
but my mom is visiting right now so i am getting some help with meals and dishes ect.. she has a LO too (3.5) so its another kid in the house which means more messes to tidy.. but whatever..'tis life.

i got around to doing my girls room, finally and it looks great! we still need to put up curtains on the windows and closet.. that's tomorrows project.

we also got up shelves in the laundry room that really needed to be done & dp tiled the fireplace hearth yesterday which im So happy about.

i made freezer meals yesterday . we will be well stocked with yummy healthy food for a few weeks at least (2 huge veggie lasagna's, 2 huge Sheppard's pie's, 30 meal sized spinach&kale,feta,filo pies and 12 bean, cheese and sunflower seed burritos with steamed kale )

today we make healthy home-made trick-or-treats (chocolate zucchini cupcakes), get costumes ready and carve our pumpkins (then i will roast them and puree because we grew them ourselves) then its fun time..
party.. party!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#445 of 1254 Old 10-31-2010, 10:13 AM

Happy Halloween!

Today I plan to:

*Do as little as possible!

#446 of 1254 Old 10-31-2010, 05:11 PM

Ugh. House is messy. I'm going to go clean up for 15 minutes and report back...

#447 of 1254 Old 10-31-2010, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

MamaFern, I'm so glad you got help and also that you're feeling better. Your food sounds absolutely delicious! Freezer meals are great! I'm actually defrosting shepherd's pie filling that I made a couple weeks ago and all I have to make tonight is the mashed potatoes topping. Did you freeze the mashed potatoes? I wasn't sure so I didn't. I try to make a double batch of foods that freeze well and to freeze one of them for future use. If you ever have time to share either of these recipes, I'd be forever in debt:
30 meal sized spinach&kale,feta,filo pies
12 bean, cheese and sunflower seed burritos with steamed kale
But I understand completely that you are ultra busy right now and so if you can't I completely understand.

*bejeweled*, happy Halloween to you, too!

OkiMom, congrats on all that you got done. Sorry about the dinner. It's hard when that happens, especially when it's something that took particularly long to prepare or that you were looking forward to. Thanks, too, for the links to the advent calendars.

I have a load of laundry in the washer. Shepherd's Pie filling is thawing for supper and I'm about to start exercising.

ETA: I've also been decluttering my closet!
#448 of 1254 Old 10-31-2010, 06:52 PM

Make that 40 minutes. I managed to:

- Sweep the dining room and wipe down the dining room floor
- Flip the laundry and start a new load
- Vacuum the hallway and bathroom
- Work on straightening up the living room and dining room
- Had the kids work on their rooms
- Washed the dirty dishes

#449 of 1254 Old 10-31-2010, 07:41 PM

Mamafern- Im glad you are feeling better and managed to get so much done! Freezer meals saved us so much with our second when she ended up in the NICU, it meant the differance between DH being at the hospital all day and going home to fast food or having a nice homecooked meal at the end of the day. I hope to be able to do the same with this one if we find out in time that we are moving (or not)
Poetry- Thanks and no problem about the links. I have so many tutorials saved on my computer I can find just about anything , I love finding ideas and twisting them to work for me/my family. I wish my other computer hadn't died (Im still praying DH is able to save our pictures off of it!), I would have had a ton more.

Today Im hoping to:
- Finish quick cleaning the house
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- make pumpkin puree (from scratch! Never done that before)
- make french bread for dinner- DH won't be home for dinner so Im just making spaghetti without french bread.. maybe Ill make some garlic cheese biscuits since DD2 won't eat pasta half the time.
- Work on Advent calendars, hope to have everything cut out today and maybe even partly sewn.
- trace the last pattern piece
- finish laundry- I threw in the living room rug as well so the last load is in the wash but since its just the rug and a couple kitchen towels it isn't going to take to long.
- Make DH's birthday present (his birthday, my birthday and DD2's birthday are all next week I keep messing up with which day is which)
- Call clinic for appointment time

#450 of 1254 Old 10-31-2010, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

I exercised, folded & put away the diapers, made the bed, washed 3 loads of laundry with one in the dryer.

DH washed the dishes and got dinner in the oven.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page