10 or 15 Minute Sessions of Cleaning--Please join in! - Page 23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#661 of 1254 Old 11-22-2010, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm going to set my timer for 15 minutes...

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#662 of 1254 Old 11-22-2010, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I heated up lunch (leftovers from last night's dinner).

I put away last night's dishes and washed the dishes from breakfast and lunch.

I cleaned the counter.

I transfered the first load of laundry to the dryer and started another load.

I showed/talked DSD through her 2 chores of the day: feeding the pets and vacuuming the living room.

I'm starting dinner (chili beans requested by DSD). I'm quick soaking the beans and dicing the bell pepper and onions for the chili.

I have to fold TONS of laundry, sing and read to DS, spend a little time with DSD and complete the remaining MM chores. :-)

#663 of 1254 Old 11-22-2010, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Playroom and master bedroom are all done. I was going to pick up in the girls room while my oldest sleeps (she sleeps very heavy so cleaning up isn't a problem while shes sleeping) but I guess she decided last night the trundle bed is more comfortable than the regular one so she pulled it out and is sleeping on it. I have a load in the washer and dryer as well and one ready to fold. Im going to go fold it, trace the pattern piece, iron the fabric and cut the fabric.. Then it should be time to wake the girls.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#664 of 1254 Old 11-22-2010, 01:58 PM

UGH... well today so far I've gotten the bed stripped in my room!  But that's only thanks to a 4yo spewing in it.  Is it wrong to be happy that he climbs into DH's side of the bed? ROTFLMAO.gif    I am quite sure he isn't sick.. he has just refused to poo and is backed up to his ears *sigh*    And getting him to declutter ?THAT will take more than 15mins i'm sure.. so I may be absent today.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#665 of 1254 Old 11-22-2010, 07:38 PM

Make the bed ( striped in this am ) and move stuff from washer to drier . thats 15 minutes right ? with a 6 month old ha ha ,ok and Im off !orngtongue.gif

#666 of 1254 Old 11-22-2010, 08:57 PM

Ok,girls room done, test done, DH did the shopping. Came home, he went back to work and I put away the dishes and fed the rest of us lunch. Now Im going to go clean off the table and work on the dress.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#667 of 1254 Old 11-23-2010, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome Graceie! Yes, it does take 15 minutes to do that with a baby (and sometimes longer)!

OkiMom, trundle beds are fun!

CariOfOz, you're getting your 4 year old to declutter? Awesome!

Yesterday I made the chili for supper, along with rice to accompany it. We cleaned up as family (washed the supper dishes, cleaned the counter, table and stove and swept the kitchen and pantry). Earlier in the day, DSD and I read the first chapter of Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder aloud together. DSD and I later read a bedtime story to DS. We did songs and finger plays with him. I also folded 2 loads of laundry that I still need to put away.

So far I have cleaned the bathroom sink and cleaned the toilet. They were my Motivated Moms Chores yesterday that I never got to. :-)

DSD had cereal for breakfast.

I sang to and danced with DS.

I ran the towels through a vinegar rinse.

Next up:

I have to make the bed, scoop the litter box and sweep the bathroom.

#668 of 1254 Old 11-23-2010, 09:18 AM

Good Morning everyone. I'm finally getting going. I see you all have been busy.

Today I:

*made breakfast
*got DD off to school
*cleared the kitchen (dishes rinsed, counters clean)
*wiped down the bathrooms
*straightened the living room
*made the bed
*took out the trash
*warmed up some chicken soup w/biscuits eat.gif
*finished grocery shopping thumb.gif
*took DD to the barn smile.gif

I hope to:
*study well tomorrow reading.gif
*do paperwork tomorrow

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#669 of 1254 Old 11-23-2010, 11:36 AM

hopeing to get some packing done today ( we are moveing  the kitechn tommrow then thankgiveing at the new place then everything else friday ) clean and pack clean dishes sort and pack lundery . not sure how much of that is going to happen : )

#670 of 1254 Old 11-23-2010, 12:38 PM

Poetry, we got trundle beds so the girls could share the room but the baby doesn't want anything to do with them. My oldest loves it though, she will crawl into the trundle (how its set up you can actually get in and out of it if you are small enough without pulling it out) and fall asleep down there so her sister can't bug her. Then DH worries shes going to hit her head in the middle of the night and pulls it out so she doesn't.

I didn't get much done last night since the girls weren't happy about Daddy going back to work and then being late home but I did have them help me make Christmas crayons..
Snowmen

002.JPG

And Gingerbread men

001.JPG

I put them aside and Im going to print out some Christmas coloring sheets to entertain them while Im cooking tomorrow (tomorrow is Thanksgiving here).

#671 of 1254 Old 11-23-2010, 12:49 PM

To dos for today:

Clean bathrooms

quick clean house-

Check to see if turkey is defrosted, if now put it in tub of water to defrost.

Print out coloring sheets for the girls to do tomorrow

Think up different Christmas activities to do for our countdown to Christmas

Finish laundry- last load in the dryer

Work on dresses

Make a list of to-dos for tomorrow and separate by when it needs to get done. Decide on a dinner time and work back from there.

make:

Pumpkin pie

rolls- oven preheating

blueberry muffins

stuffing for the turkey

Cut up lettuce for salads

puree cranberries and put in sugar for the cranberry salad for tomorrow

cut up grapes for cranberry mix

Mix up green bean casserole and put in fridge to cook tomorrow

cut up meats for meat/cheese tray

hard boil 2 dozen eggs, shell and cut apart half for deviled eggs, use the rest to make pickled eggs

#672 of 1254 Old 11-23-2010, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

I made the bed

scooped the litter box

swept the bathroom

folded and put away 2 loads of laundry

transfered a load of towels to the dryer

am about to start the diapers on the second wash cycle

took a relaxing bath

I also read the second chapter of Little House in the Big Woods with DSD.

I'm about to start dinner. I need to snuggle with DS and give him a bath.

#673 of 1254 Old 11-23-2010, 04:12 PM

So far I have:

made pickled eggs

made deviled eggs

killed the blender (oooops)

Did two loads of laundry

did two loads of dishes

cut up grapes for tomorrow

cut up cheese/meat for tomorrow.

Next up, muffins and cleaning up the living/dining room and back of the house.

#674 of 1254 Old 11-23-2010, 04:43 PM

OKImom  I'm impressed . I packed a box grocery shop-ed and clean a few dishes made lunch napped with DS and sat around nursing and eating ALOT ! not a really productive day

#675 of 1254 Old 11-23-2010, 05:18 PM

Graceie- I love working in the kitchen, thats one of the only reasons anything is getting done wink1.gif

I forgot I had used the muffin tins to make a couple more crayons this morning (made them round instead of any certain thing just because it was the quickest thing to do) so instead of making the muffins I made the pumpkin pie. It has an hour to bake so Im going to make myself clean up the bedrooms/playroom. They shouldn't take to long. If I have enough time Ill clean the bathrooms while Im back here.

#676 of 1254 Old 11-23-2010, 05:40 PM

Did you use cookie cutters to make the crayon shapes? They look very effective.

So far today I have:

emptied dishwasher

hung out washing

dusted living room

dusted stairwell

changed hand/dishtowels

made shopping list

made phone calls and emails

Still need to:

go to shops for food and post letters

pack bags for myself and DS

write on greeting cards

prepare dinner

SAHM to three
#677 of 1254 Old 11-23-2010, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

OkiMom, do you have a link for the crayon recipe? That looks super cool!

Graceie, good luck packing and on the move. 

I washed the bathroom mirror

Cleaned the bathtub

Prepared Supper

Washed the dishes

DH Cleaned the counter, stove and table

DSD swept the kitchen

DH & DSD gave DS a bath

Read and sang to DS

Gave DS coconut water and probiotics to nurse a cold

Created an Excel Spreadsheet to keep track of DSD's Homeschooling Adventures

ETA: I also changed the kitchen and bathroom towels

#678 of 1254 Old 11-23-2010, 06:01 PM

Poetry- Its really simple, take all the broken up crayons you have (I actually had very few so I used a cheap box of 64 crayons I got from the dollar tree last time I was in the states), break them apart and put them in a muffin tin (I used silicone tins that you get for decorative baking), bake them at 250 for at least 20 minutes. I did really thick crayons so it took almost 40 for them to be done. Let them cool/harden and pop them out. If you use a metal tin I find that its easier to line it with muffin liners so they don't stick/break when you take them out.

Clutter, they were actually silicone pans I used. DH got them because he figured I could use them for something.

I picked up the back area of the apartment including cleaning both bathrooms. The pie has 15 minutes or so left so Im going to go work on the muffins so they are ready when the pie comes out.

#679 of 1254 Old 11-23-2010, 06:44 PM

Muffins made and in the oven, the pumpkin pie is done, the turkey is bathing in the bathtub right now.. I never remember to take it out of the freezer in time!! Now its lunch time. my girls are "starving like I haven't eaten in months mommy".. haha I don't know where this kid comes up with these things!

After lunch I plan on working on the rolls, stuffing and salad.. Then cleaning the living room/dining room and kitchen. I do have to finish putting away the laundry eventually as well.

#680 of 1254 Old 11-23-2010, 07:02 PM

This is so cool OkiMom. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post

Poetry- Its really simple, take all the broken up crayons you have (I actually had very few so I used a cheap box of 64 crayons I got from the dollar tree last time I was in the states), break them apart and put them in a muffin tin (I used silicone tins that you get for decorative baking), bake them at 250 for at least 20 minutes. I did really thick crayons so it took almost 40 for them to be done. Let them cool/harden and pop them out. If you use a metal tin I find that its easier to line it with muffin liners so they don't stick/break when you take them out.

Clutter, they were actually silicone pans I used. DH got them because he figured I could use them for something.

I picked up the back area of the apartment including cleaning both bathrooms. The pie has 15 minutes or so left so Im going to go work on the muffins so they are ready when the pie comes out.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#681 of 1254 Old 11-23-2010, 08:30 PM

Finished cutting up the stuff for salads, does anyone else have issues with veggies disappearing off their cutting board? One minute I have a pile of cucumbers and the next its missing.. My girls tend to be munching happily at my feet.. At least its healthy! Stuffing is made too. I started feeling really sick to my stomach so I decided to go print out the coloring sheets and sit for a bit. Im feeling better for now so Im going to go make the rolls and do the laundry.. I really need to put away the giant stack of folded clothes on my couch.

ETA- rolls are rising, laundry put away.. Now off to clean the living room and kitchen, wipe down the dining room table and then set up the sewing machine. Im glad I decided to pick up a frozen pizza for dinner tonight!

ETA2- Finished cleaning the kitchen/living room then DH came home and kidnapped us. He had to run an errand for work and didn't want to go alone.. Silly guy. Back home and just finished dinner. Now Im preheating the oven for the rolls to cook and looking for activites to do for the Christmas Countdown.

ETA (last one for the night) Just finished chopping the cranberries. The rolls are almost done then Im going to sleep. Boy Im beat!

#682 of 1254 Old 11-24-2010, 03:58 AM

Im posting tomorrows to do list and then Im going to bed.. Tomorrow I need to:

Stuff and season turkey

make egg nog

Cook turkey-

make mashed potatoes

make sweet potato casserole-just need to be baked

toss salad I cut up

cook green bean casserole

make honey butter

make whipped cream

Make gravy

remake rolls 

Work on sewing projects in between cooking

Read Thanksgiving books to the girls.

Set the table

Clean up afterwards

Sleep..

#683 of 1254 Old 11-24-2010, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

Wow, OkiMom, you're so busy! Thanks for the crayon instructions. I don't own crayons. I have markers and colored pencils. I need to pick up some crayons. LOL

DS is not feeling well. I hope it's just a cold. We were at the ER with DH Saturday night and DS could have picked up anything. :-( I'm taking it easy and snuggling with him today. I might watch a movie with DSD, read a little and snuggle my babe all day. I'll likely post some tasks, but my aim is to relax most of the day.

#684 of 1254 Old 11-24-2010, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My goal today is to get pretty much the whole house cleaned so that we can come back to a clean house after our long weekend away. We leave for Baltimore tomorrow!

10 minutes

Put the clean dishes away. Washed the next load of dishes. Had 10yods take the trash out and 5yods clear the dining room table.

10 minutes

Worked on decluttering the kitchen, living room and bedroom.

10 minutes

Wiped down stovetop. Put clean dishes away. Flipped laundry and started another load. Straightened up a shelf on our homeschool bookshelf.

20 minutes

Packed kids' clothes for our trip. Swept the hallway. Cleared table with ds. Put away some of dh's laundry.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#685 of 1254 Old 11-24-2010, 08:24 AM

Pack traval bag  ( ten min ), bathroom ( ten min ). strip bed load O laundery . ( ten min )  oh moveing day : )

#686 of 1254 Old 11-24-2010, 11:12 AM

I did the 'big' dishes that had been sitting out, but rinsed at least, for about a week! EEEEps! 

Loaded the dishwasher

wiped down counters and sink

took out recycling

got 3 bins and put all the stuff from the living room and kitchen that does not belong into the corresponding room bins: our room, HC's room, and craft room

picked up dog toys and put them in his bin

Now sitting down and having a rest! About to enter into the 3rd trimester and with a toddler who usually undoes what I do, well, this is tiring. 

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#687 of 1254 Old 11-25-2010, 02:34 PM

Okimom thanks for the instructions, I am going to try it definitely.

pearl2 well done for getting all that done..it sure is tiring being pregnant. Just keep doing small bits at a time, even just literally ten or fifteen minutes now and then, and it will help you keep up through this last trimester and after the bub is born.

So far today:

took sheets off two beds

washed one load sheets and towels

sheets in dryer

put another load on to wash

gave DS allergy meds

made coffee and cleaned machine

hung out washing outside

Still to do:

change towels

shopping

finish packing to go away

find recipe for dinner

mop kitchen floor

SAHM to three
#688 of 1254 Old 11-25-2010, 05:20 PM

Changed towels

washed delicates

hung out

sheets in dryer

cleaned kitchen sink

cleaned downstairs bathroom sink

cooked french toast

cleaned up kitchen

stacked dishwasher

next:

get ready to go out

do shopping

wash DD's sheets

check I have everything packed

SAHM to three
#689 of 1254 Old 11-25-2010, 06:32 PM

Poetry, I didn't own crayons until my oldest was around 1. I got them for her for her first birthday and she started coloring around the same time.. Now I own a bit to many.. I would suggest though using the washable ones, the ones I used weren't washable and I can already tell thats going to be a problem!

Today DH is going to work on cleaning up the house and pulling down the rest of the Christmas decorations.. Im going to work on finishing up the dresses.. Thats if the girls behave, they are a little high energy right now since its been raining most of the week and they haven't been getting much outside time. Maybe it will stop raining soon and we can take a trip to the park.

#690 of 1254 Old 11-25-2010, 08:13 PM

Today I have decided I am happy with having put on a load of washing and run the dishwasher.  *sigh*  I am coping with aVERY constipated 4.5yo (who is constipated due to pure stubborness even argggh!)  so my day has been spent going to the doc, to the pharmacy and other assorted unmentionable things.  I MAY endeavour to swiffy the floor if I don't fall asleep lol... one grumpy unwell feeling boy had me up at 5am!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page