10 or 15 Minute Sessions of Cleaning--Please join in! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-23-2010, 01:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Poetry, Im almost 21 weeks along. With DD1 it lasted all 40 weeks, DD2 it lasted 4 days.. I was praying this one would be more like DD2's pregnancy instead of DD1s.

I updated the list with what has happened and isn't going to. The girls are splashing in a bath, Im going to get them out, dress them and go to the library, commissary and post office. After Im done there Im going to come home, put things away and clean up some. The girls decided to made a "really large, cool castle" (DD1's description) in their playroom and now I need to help them seperate all the toys back into their bins... I didn't know that lions, giraffes and bears shared castles with Minnie, Mickey and Hmmwvs.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2010, 04:41 AM

Finally got home from going grochery shopping. It always seems to take forever no matter how much I "rush" it.. maybe because it took 45 minutes just to convince DD1and2 to get their shoes on..
Now Im going to go put away grocheries, preheat the oven for the dinner bread and throw some brocolli into the steamer. The girls are crying for food so we are having an early dinner tonight.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
Old 09-23-2010, 05:02 AM

Finally got the grocheries put away. For some reason I feel like Im really dragging today. Now Im going to go slice the bread for dinner and put it in the oven and while it warms Ill start on the girls playroom.

Playroom done, bread out of the oven. Now its dinner time if I can get everyone to sit down at the same time to eat.

Dinner is finally done and so is pick up. I picked up the living room since I was cleaning out there anyway. Now Im going to put the kids in a bath, while they are bathing Im going to clean their bathroom. After they get out Im going to clean the master bath.

Got both bathrooms done, swept the master bedroom (figured why not, I was there with the broom anyway) and the hallway. Now my house is reasonably clean..

Im going to try to find the pattern I want to use for the girls dresses and pull out the fabric. I probably won't iron though until the kids are asleep. Ironing+2 toddlers=dangerous.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:06 AM

Sounds like you have done heaps today Okimom. Are you in Australia also? Seems like you are on my timezone.

I wasn't feeling well enough today to go out, but I am pleased I managed to tackle a drawer in the kitchen and completely clear it out! And it was one of those ones that you can barely open for stuff...seems that I didn't need any of it.

I also cleaned the door of the freezer, got rid of some unidentified frozen objects....my daughter opened the freezer and said "Wow the freezer looks so clean!".

SAHM to three
Old 09-23-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterwarrior View Post
Sounds like you have done heaps today Okimom. Are you in Australia also? Seems like you are on my timezone.
Thanks! Ive gotten my apartment to a point that 1-2 hours of cleaning a day and I can keep my head above water. Helps its a smaller size apartment (about 900-1000 sq ft, 3 bedroom), to me its the perfect size for our family. Even DH loves how it is which says something because he likes to have a lot of room to move around.. Now if only I could declutter. Id love to have an organized, decluttered house before the baby comes!

Im actually in Japan so probably a few hours difference. Im use to being the only one posting during odd hours like this.. Its strange, all my family lives in the states so Im on an opposite schedule from them. Three and a half years and I STILL haven't gotten use to it.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:12 AM

Thank you for the welcome.

Hi OkiMom,
We are also in a 3 bdr. apartment and I'm in the process of decluttering. We downsized from a 3 level townhome and have half the space. But it's so much easier to keep up with. I love it.

I decluttered DD's room yesterday and she was so happy with the results. She didn't miss one thing that I got rid of. She was just happy to have open, clear space. Even the cat is spending more time in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post
Thanks! Ive gotten my apartment to a point that 1-2 hours of cleaning a day and I can keep my head above water. Helps its a smaller size apartment (about 900-1000 sq ft, 3 bedroom), to me its the perfect size for our family. Even DH loves how it is which says something because he likes to have a lot of room to move around.. Now if only I could declutter. Id love to have an organized, decluttered house before the baby comes!

Im actually in Japan so probably a few hours difference. Im use to being the only one posting during odd hours like this.. Its strange, all my family lives in the states so Im on an opposite schedule from them. Three and a half years and I STILL haven't gotten use to it.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Okay--1st Session:

Start quick-soaking beans for supper.

DISHES!!!!!!! Today I WILL be productive!!!!
Old 09-23-2010, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Wow! It took me 3 sessions in between caring for babe to get that done!

Next up:

Start a load of laundry
Make bed
Fold and put away diapers
Old 09-23-2010, 01:37 PM

I'm working on my 2nd load of laundry. Going to cook soon.

I find myself wandering into DD's room. It's so serene and beautiful.

Next I guess I should do mine.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

*bejeweled*, decluttering feels so good! I want to declutter my bedroom, but I'm doing the utility room and 2 closets first. I'm actually making decent progress.

Next up, start supper (I'm making chili beans for company tonight, and my goal is to have everything done early in the day so that I can just relax and sail through later...)
Old 09-23-2010, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

I washed a load of laundry and it's in the dryer. I also listed a box of books on Freecycle. :-)

Now I am going to clean the bathroom and sweep the kitchen floor.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:29 PM

Hope your chili beans turn out good.

Yes, I love decluttering (after it's done). I have lots more to do, but it's nice to have one clean space. I need to do a closet too. And it's a beast.

I finished the laundry and cooked dinner.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:04 PM

I would love to declutter the girls room but right now we have our government furniture in there and i can't really just throw that out. Right before DH left our friends gave us this beautiful living room set that didn't work for their apartment. So our living room furniture (which is on loan to us while we live here) is sitting around waiting for DH to return home and return it. The furniture place won't pick it up and there is no way that Im trying to find a truck big enough, load the truck and unload the truck while taking care of the girls. That and Im pretty sure when the doctor told me no heavy lifting it included furniture.

I just got done feeding the girls breakfest.. and then a snack. These kids like to EAT! I miss the days I could leave a plate of food out but the building we live in has bug issues (eewww, I hate roaches!!) no matter how much I clean they never go away.
Breakfest dishes are done, laundry is folded and put away. Next up:

Transfer laundry from washer to dryer. Pull out the iron and preheat since I never did get the ironing done. Find the girls dress pattern..

Old 09-23-2010, 11:12 PM

Well, I didn't get anything but the wash done..Oh I found the pattern to. I got distracted reading to the girls and chating with my SIL. Now Im going to go clean off the ironing board (aka, my kitchen sink) and set up the iron. I need to measure the fabric and see if I have to go get more fabric as well.

I found the pattern! I need to retrace a few pieces, luckily the master pattern didn't get messed up. I found a complementary fabric to the fabric for my DD's dress so I can make it work to make the dress instead of going out. I need to iron still but my girls are "starving like I haven't eaten in days" (DD1 likes to exaggerate) so I need to go make them more food. Then I'm going to work on trying to iron while the food is cooking. Im thinking of ironing and cutting out all of one then ironing and cutting out all of the other but it seems like backtracking to me.

Well luckily I haven't cut the fabric yet. DD1 saw the pattern I was going to use and decided she wanted a different pattern instead. So instead of making two dresses (one for each girl) Im making: 2 skirts, 2 pantaloons and 2 shirts. Now off to the land of pattern tracing. Hopefully I can interrupt the symbols right (Im using a Japanese pattern book).

Trying to finish the ironing still. Then Ill start tracing patterns. I figure if I don't get this ironing done Ill procrastinate forever on it. Im not a big fan of ironing.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

OkiMom, I hope the sickness ends soon for you. I think mine ended around 23 or 24 weeks. It does make things extra hard.

Thanks, *bejeweled*. It turned out pretty good, but it was a little hot for my taste. We get our spices from an Indian store and they're hotter than the ones at the regular grocery store. I forgot to use less than the recipe called for. Ah well. It just gave my friend a runny nose, but she ate graciously and I supplied her with plenty of tissues.

I'm so very tired right now and am preparing for bed.

These are the final things I got done:

Folded and put away a big pile of laundry
Swept and mopped the kitchen, pantry, bathroom and utility room
Cleaned the toilet
Cleaned the bathroom sink
Cleaned the bathroom mirror
Scooped the litter box

Tomorrow I plan to do some general cleaning and more decluttering.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

I am about to take a break for lunch, but I have completed a couple of decluttering sessions. I'm working on a huge box full of old papers and expect it to take a while--but most of it is being discarded. I am making so much progress and I am so proud of myself! It feels Grr-eat!
Old 09-24-2010, 03:11 PM

Glad I remembered this thread! It will help get me back into a routine.

My 15/20 mins will be maintenance tasks - water the plants inside and out, go get the mail and organize the shoes/shoe rack by the front door.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

MamaLo879, that's what this thread is for! Welcome!

I've spent several hours today decluttering.

My goals once babe goes down for a nap are to exercise and then wash the dishes and organize the desk. They should probably each take a session.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:25 PM

Already up for the day (got up at 530). Earlier this morning I went through my girls closet and eliminated clothes they won't wear or are to small. Ive decided to get rid of any light color or white clothing (unless its just an accent color) that we have for them because its just to hard to keep it clean. My oldest is allergic to bleach and some bleach alternatives, so keeping whites white is a process and honestly with everything else something needs to give. I rather it be time housekeeping/doing laundry than time with my girls.

Next up, I need to straighten up the living/dining room and pack a bag. Im meeting up with some friends and going to the dam for a little bit today while Im out running errands. After the living/dining room and packing the bag Im going to have the girls help me clean their playroom and get the toys out of the middle of the hallway. Oh I need to remember to feed the fish and bearded dragon as well.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

First session: Put away and wash dishes.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

I feel like a replay of yesterday!

1st session: Put away and wash dishes. :-)
Old 09-28-2010, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Next session: 15 minutes of decluttering and then folding laundry.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Going to go set my timer for 10 minutes now...

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
Old 09-28-2010, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ugh. Bleached nasty outdoor trash can where 9yo ds discovered maggots enjoying our trash.

Then I put the clean dishes away.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
Old 09-28-2010, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

My son is napping and I am taking the opportunity to exercise! (3 sessions)
Old 09-28-2010, 09:32 PM

First thing I did today was clean the top shelf of the fridge, and change all the towels, for my MM chores, now I'm going to make my bed and then vacuum DS's mattress to get rid of dust mites, and turn his mattress over.

SAHM to three
Old 09-28-2010, 10:12 PM

Made my bed
Vacuumed DS's mattress
turned it over and discovered it said underneath "No need to turn"!!
Turned it back over again.
Cleaned ensuite sink
Cleaned toilet and toilet brush

Off to wash DD's sheets, declutter a bit in master bedroom, and later dust in DS's room...he is away at camp for the Spring Break, so I want to make it nice for his return at the end of the week.

SAHM to three
Old 09-28-2010, 10:28 PM

Ive spent about 45 minutes today already tidying up the apartment then sweeping and moping all the rooms. DH returns today so I wanted everything clean when he got home.

Now I'm going to go make snacks(DONE), check on the laundry (we had a diaper oopies last night soo all the linens needed washing)(DONE- switched over), then start on working in the Christmas/birthday lists(DONE on both) so I can talk with DH about them when we pick him up.
After the Christmas/birthday lists I need to work on a baby to get/to make lists (DONE) and the to-do before baby comes list(DONE). Last time I had all that done when I was like 16 weeks along but I didn't have morning sickness this bad then (and I had a 14 hour flight back from the states with a sleeping child so it was a lot easier to do).
After that it should be almost time to leave so I'm going to pull the car around to the front of the building and clean out the insides(DONE). I need to get gas(DONE) and stop by the PX (DONE) before the drive up to get him (it takes 1-1 1/2 hours to get to the airport depending on traffic). Im thinking of stopping and getting some quick snacks to keep the girls happy on the drive, I really don't think I can handle screaming fits while I'm driving today.

DH is home! Im so tired and the girls are wired from Daddy being home. Now I have a huge amount of laundry to do..

Old 09-29-2010, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Wow, Okimom, you've been busy! ... Congrats on your husband being home! I know I miss my husband terribly when he is away.

clutterwarrior, I should be doing my Motivated Moms chores, too, but I've been decluttering like crazy lately. I had the utility room, plus two full closets, filled with boxes, and within the last few weeks, I've nearly cleared the utility room. This has felt like such a feat to me. I've had these boxes for years, and I'm finally getting rid of them. I feel like since I'm feeling so motivated, I'd better keep at it until I'm done. I figure it shouldn't take me as long to do the closets as the utility room--and then I can feel unweighted and focus on the rest of my home. I've literally been spending hours of every day decluttering. But I do want to return to Motivated Moms chores, as well. I think you're decluttering, too, and if I remember correctly, you've passed your goal. Anyhow, back to this thread topic...

First session I'm putting away and washing dishes, as well as starting the load of diapers that have soaked overnight.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:00 AM

Yay Okimom that is lovely that your DH is home.

PoetryLover it's great when you get that motivated feeling to declutter, you just get into the zone, and then it's hard to stop decluttering to do anything else! Well done on getting those boxes cleared. I know what you mean about being a feat, in fact today I cleared a box plus a shelf that I have been ignoring for years...

SAHM to three

User Tag List