10 or 15 Minute Sessions of Cleaning--Please join in! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-03-2010, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Put in another 10 minutes decluttering and cleaning up, mostly in the dining room and laundry room.

Total: 20 minutes

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2010, 04:09 PM

Worked on the living room and dining room.

Total: 30 minutes

Old 10-03-2010, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Wow, phathui5, you've been very busy!

I am starting a load of diapers and then putting away and washing the dishes!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need to put dishes in the dishwasher and change the litter and take out the trash.

Took about 20 minutes due to "help". (and spilling the litter when dumping it into the bag)
Old 10-03-2010, 08:59 PM

I
*made a great breakfast
*cleaned the kitchen
*went bike riding w/DD
*am about to start dinner

The Amazing Race starts soon...

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lilsweetfoxes View Post
I need to put dishes in the dishwasher and change the litter and take out the trash.

Took about 20 minutes due to "help". (and spilling the litter when dumping it into the bag)
I spilled the darn grits on the floor this morning.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:01 PM

Finally get more normal energy levels back after being sick, so I can get stuck into some cleaning today.

My DD has a friend sleeping over tonight, so I have to get the bathrooms and toilets cleaned first.

Also need to clean the kitchen floors.

Hmm the more I think about doing these jobs, not sure my energy is that high after all....

SAHM to three
Old 10-03-2010, 11:22 PM

OK off to do 10 minutes of cleaning!

SAHM to three
Old 10-03-2010, 11:38 PM

Vacuumed entrance and hallway and part of stairs, and emptied dishwasher.

Off to do 15 minutes now!

SAHM to three
Old 10-04-2010, 12:01 AM

Vacuumed bottom flight of stairs leading to garage, living room, and kitchen floor downstairs. Need to stop for a bit for a breather....

SAHM to three
Old 10-04-2010, 01:09 AM

Spent another 45 minutes vacuuming upstairs, cleaned 3 toilets, cleared a clutter magnet area in the breakfast room, and took the trash out.

SAHM to three
Old 10-04-2010, 04:58 AM

I have:
finished the girls outfits (finally!)
reorganized the craft section of the storage closet
started the french bread for tonight rising
folded and put away one load of laundry, started another load
go stir down the bread-Bread all baked. It was yummy with the Shrimp Scampi tonight!
clean up the living/dining room-Done
put away the last of the craft stuff I found sitting out (I didn't even realize it was there, thats sad)- Done
rehang the pictures DH took off the wall this weekend- Done
organize the shoes into where they are now being rehomed
defrost the shrimp for dinner..- Done and eaten
clean up after dinner
put clothes away
quick clean the playroom
Quick clean the girls room
sweep/mop kitchen and living/dining room
check laundry, fold/put away if its dry. Throw rags in the wash, hang rug out to dry
Look up how much water to drink before tomorrow's ultrasound. I didn't have to last time and forgot what I needed to do the first time.

Now I need to:
Sleep.. sleep.. sleep... zzzzzz...

And thats it for the night! Yea!

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
Old 10-04-2010, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I've got the cloth diapers in the dryer. I've put away the dishes. I still need to wash dishes, fold and put away a ton of laundry and right now I'm working on decluttering my clothes in my closet and dresser.

I feel like absolute crap today.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:17 PM

Wow OkiMom, that's a long list!

I'm off now to put in 10 minutes...

Old 10-04-2010, 05:35 PM

Put clean dishes away.
Flipped laundry to dryer.
Cleared off dining room table.
Brought in some stuff from the van.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post
I've got the cloth diapers in the dryer. I've put away the dishes. I still need to wash dishes, fold and put away a ton of laundry and right now I'm working on decluttering my clothes in my closet and dresser.

I hope u feel better. I'm having a crappy day too.

I did study though. And cleaned the kitchen and took out the trash. So our home smells nice.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phathui5 View Post
Wow OkiMom, that's a long list!

I'm off now to put in 10 minutes...
Im really blessed in two things:
1) my houe is small, so what takes some people 20-30 mintues to do it takes me 5. I can pick up, sweep and mop my living/dining room in 10 minutes, 15 if the girls have their legos out and we have to get them from under the couch.
2) my family is so wonderful with helping. I tell my girls I need to do something and they are right there helping me. Like with the craft storage I pulled everything down, my oldest brought it to the table, I sorted all of it while my oldest put it in containers then my oldest brought it back to the closet while I put it away.. Then she asked if there was something else we could go through I have wonderful children who seem to think cleaning is fun.. No clue why but I encourage that thought. They also love to wipe down the table and clean the windows for me. Its nice not to have to do everything myself, even if it isn't 100% how I would have done it they love it and its nice to see them perk up when DH mentions how clean something is and asks them if they helped.

Today I have two appointments (ultrasound and prenatal) and my DH has the day off so Im not doing much. I did most of my household tasks for today yesterday so I can take it really easy today! My husband went through all his clothing this morning while I folded the laundry so our closet is almost clean! All I have to do is finish putting away the pack and play (thats been in there for 5 months for no reason!)

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
Old 10-04-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post
Im really blessed in two things:
1) my houe is small, so what takes some people 20-30 mintues to do it takes me 5. )
A small home can indeed be a blessing.

That is why I have to spend so much time cleaning...we have a big house with 3 floors and a large garage that is big enough to hold 3 cars, (but only holds one so the rest is filled with stuff... )

SAHM to three
Old 10-04-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post

Sorry you aren't feeling well . Take it easy so you get any sicker.. well as easy as a mother can ever take it.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:18 PM

I need to join in- and I need a kick in the pants to get me motivated.

Off to unload clean dishes and put the dirty ones in the dishwasher (why do I not ever learn just to empty it as soon as it is clean?!)
Old 10-05-2010, 05:40 PM

Dishes done, fridge cleaned, chickens fed all the scraps, lunch eaten, lazy time had... I forgot to track little increments as I got busy with the kitchen. Now I've been lazing about for 15 minutes or so, and it's time to refocus.

Yet to do:
Laundry
floor mopping
linen changing
bathroom cleaning
Old 10-05-2010, 05:42 PM

Today I:

*took out the trash
*made breakfast
*made lunch
*studied
*swiped the bathrooms clean
*took it easy

Maybe I'll get more done later...

But I sure am enjoying my decluttered spaces. It makes such a difference in keeping things clean.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:36 PM

Yay, kitchen counters BARE!

Laundry in various stages of done.

Fight with child about picking up the floor- in progress. (Really, is putting 20 blocks in a basket THAT hard? She is eight years old for goodness sake!)

Floors vacuumed, but not yet mopped- (see above about blocks on said floor. :P)

Linens changed.

Afternoon snack prepared- waiting for the block battle to complete so they can have their snack.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterwarrior View Post
A small home can indeed be a blessing.

That is why I have to spend so much time cleaning...we have a big house with 3 floors and a large garage that is big enough to hold 3 cars, (but only holds one so the rest is filled with stuff... )
Thats one of the reasons Im glad we don't have a garage. I remember growing up (when we lived in a house instead of an apartment) we always had so much stuff in the garage that there was no room to park anything in it.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:17 PM

Appointments went well yesterday, found out we are having a little boy which will be a change. Im so use to my girls! Now I know what baby clothes I need to keep down and what I need to pack away again, Im going to get some space saver bags this weekend and start working on the baby clothing.

This morning I spent 15 minutes on cleaning out the linen closets and bagged 2 bags full of board games and linens we don't use. Now Im going to spend the next 15 minutes making breakfest. Then I need to:
-unload dishwasher
- fold 2 loads of laundry (I crashed last night before getting this done, oopsies)
- work on the cupboards above the linen closets.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:25 PM

Yay- all done. And! The toddlers are napping (late in the day, but I'm not about to wake them up!) My house is clean.

I've got to remember to do this every day. it really helps keep me from being overwhelmed by trying to Do It All.

Now, to toss together something quick and easy for dinner- I'm thinking veggie trays and cold cut roll-ups.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:27 PM

Okimom congrats on your news, that is exciting...should definitely help with sorting the baby clothes to keep.

Today I need to

dust the master bedroom
clean my desk
put scrapbook layouts into albums
buy ingredients to make pizzas.

Also want to take DS to the beach for a while if I can persuade him.

SAHM to three
Old 10-05-2010, 10:48 PM

Thanks clutter.. It should help since our boy clothing collection is a LOT smaller than our girl..

I went to empty the dishwasher and found it never got started last night. So I started that up. I threw the makings of french onion soup in the crockpot and its simmering (my house is starting to smell so good!), I finished off the cupboards above the linen closet and went through all the tools to tell the girls what each is called. Laundry is folded and put away.

Now I need to:
- go make snacks again..
- take the seam ripper to the broken zipper on the couch so I can get a replacement this weekend
- take the seam ripper to the fabric Im using for the girls dress up tutus so I can make the tutus.
- My oldest asked if I can help her clean up her bedroom and playroom because she can't find her favorite stuffed animal. Love that kid, she makes my life a whole lot easier.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post
- My oldest asked if I can help her clean up her bedroom and playroom because she can't find her favorite stuffed animal. Love that kid, she makes my life a whole lot easier.
Oh my gosh, can I borrow her to convince my oldest that this is a good idea? Mine is a hoarder and then some. I have to send her out of the house to clean her room, she is attached to every scrap of crumpled paper in there.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:25 AM

Confustication: Sure, she is a bit of a perfectionist though I warn you. She actually really doesn't like messes/clutter and never has. She use to get upset if I put out to many toys for her to play with when she was a baby. Shes definitely my minimalist kid.. except when it comes to clothes. She loves to have lots of clothing to choose from.

So I ended up getting distracted and cleaning out the bookcases instead of cleaning the girls room. I did get the seams ripped though! It only took 10 minutes to do both, of course I cheated on the cushion and just snipped a few and pulled the string. It all came unraveled, no wonder it was coming off before hand. Now I have to replace the zipper. The old bedspread will be made into tutus sometime today or tomorrow and then put away for Christmas morning.

Now Im going to go help my daughters with their room and their playroom. After that we are going to take a family outing to the park to see if DD1 can go across the monkey bars without help (she insists she can).

User Tag List