10 or 15 Minute Sessions of Cleaning--Please join in! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 1254 Old 10-10-2010, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am finally home and able to join this thread! I am going to go nurse the baby and then spend 15 minutes tackling some problem areas.

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
#182 of 1254 Old 10-10-2010, 03:03 PM

I need this thread today. The baby is napping right now and my son is watching Jonah. Am In-Luvs with the instant-play on Netflix. He's in luvs with the new flat-screen HD tv. (so am I)

While that movie is on, I need to fold 3 loads of clothes and put a fourth into the washer, clean the stairwell, clean the bathrooms.
#183 of 1254 Old 10-10-2010, 03:24 PM

The Very Bad Corner is still a work in progress. It is the 'catch all' area in my house, which means I really need to find good places for all that stuff. But- I have a TINY house, and so, no real place though it is stuff we need.

*whine*

In the meantime- the list for 10/10

*dishes
*laundry
*diapers
*clean out the boys' dresser and take out 'too small' clothes (I think *this is most of the stuff in there. )
*bake a pumpkin so I have some to make pies and cookies
*wash floors (I may put this off a day- I'm feeling unambitious and it's supposed to rain this afternoon anyway- meaning MORE mud.)
*open all the doors and windows to freshen the house before the crummy weather sets in
*change furnace filter
*change oil in car
*stack firewood in rack on porch
*till garden plots done for season (this may also be added to 'this week' depending on whether both boys nap at once or not)
#184 of 1254 Old 10-10-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lilsweetfoxes View Post
I need this thread today. The baby is napping right now and my son is watching Jonah. Am In-Luvs with the instant-play on Netflix. He's in luvs with the new flat-screen HD tv. (so am I)

While that movie is on, I need to fold 3 loads of clothes and put a fourth into the washer, clean the stairwell, clean the bathrooms.
Before heading out to bible study in 20 minutes, I need to put the clothes away (and re-hang the ones my son pulled down ). The bathrooms were not done (will do tomorrow) and the stairwell needs vacuuming--after the toys are picked up and put away. And sheets put back onto the beds. But, I did clean the kitchen.
#185 of 1254 Old 10-10-2010, 10:43 PM

Just put on my third load of washing for today, and hung out the second one.

Have cleaned two toilets, about to clean the third (and last) one.

Then going to make DD's bed, then vacuum downstairs...oops better go check that DH put the cold stuff in the fridge and didn't leave it sitting on the bench.

SAHM to three
#186 of 1254 Old 10-10-2010, 11:39 PM

Sigh...DH had left the chicken and beef sitting on the bench...

Made DD's bed, cleaned third toilet, vacuumed entrance, hallway and living room.

Might have to go back out to get another script because DS is refusing to take his antibiotics I just got for him today....

SAHM to three
#187 of 1254 Old 10-11-2010, 04:15 AM

I just got home from picking up a new printer. I gave up on fixing the old one when neither DH or myself could figure out what was wrong. Usually one or the other can figure it out but nothing we are doign is making it turn on again I wasn't planning on buying a new printer this month.

Now I got to put away things, throw laundry in the wash and make dinner.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#188 of 1254 Old 10-11-2010, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just cleaned up the kitchen. Put the clean dishes away, washed the dirty dishes, wiped down the counter and swept the kitchen.

Next, 10 minutes working on my bedroom.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#189 of 1254 Old 10-11-2010, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi phathui5!

I've been busy all day since very early working on my closet. I do need to get some regular cleaning done, though! I'll report back!
#190 of 1254 Old 10-11-2010, 03:33 PM

Put in another 10 minutes. Swept the dining room and worked on decluttering in my bedroom.

#191 of 1254 Old 10-11-2010, 03:57 PM

Happy Monday!

Today I:
*made breakfast
*got DD off to school
*cleaned the kitchen
*took out the trash
*wiped down the bathrooms
*cleared the living room
*made the beds
*picked up a few things from the store
*studied

I plan to:
*make chili for dinner
*start my huge load of laundry
*maybe study some more

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#192 of 1254 Old 10-11-2010, 04:44 PM

Another 25 minutes. Cleaned up in the kitchen some more. Folded a load of laundry and put it away.

#193 of 1254 Old 10-11-2010, 06:10 PM

DH volunteered to work on the housecleaning today so Im freed up to sew. My main sewing priorities are:
- DD2's birthday dress and apron- Dress done!! Im about 3/4 of the way done with the apron.
- DD2's monkey hair clips
- DD2's monkey purse
- DD2, DD1 and baby's blankets (DD2's blanket is about 1/2 done)
If I get all that done () Im going to start working on the aprons I need to sew... or the journals... or the birthday banner. One of the three.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#194 of 1254 Old 10-11-2010, 06:41 PM

Some of my outside tasks are derailed until the weather improves.

I've

*cleaned the kitchen (this is a constant around here! Ugh!)
*tackled the front closet- I can actually fit coats and so on in there now
*picked up some groceries and put away the cold stuff. The rest is sitting on my counter giving me the stink-eye. I suppose that's the next task.
*made beds
*sorted laundry
#195 of 1254 Old 10-12-2010, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Okay--I have a lot to do today and it has to get done because a friend is coming over to sit with DS while DH and I have our anniversary dinner.

1st session: make the bed, start a load of laundry and fold/put away the diapers!
#196 of 1254 Old 10-12-2010, 10:57 AM

I'm feeling pretty worn out today, so I think I'm going to just to about 10 minutes in each room. I'm also enlisting the 8 year old to help. :P
#197 of 1254 Old 10-12-2010, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Done! The first load is ready to go in the dryer and the second load is in the washer.

Next up: Dishes and put away some groceries!
#198 of 1254 Old 10-12-2010, 11:55 AM

Going to go set the timer for 10 minutes...

#199 of 1254 Old 10-12-2010, 12:18 PM

Washed all of the dishes, wiped down the counter, put away a few clean laundry items.

#200 of 1254 Old 10-12-2010, 02:32 PM

I was feeling kinda worn out this morning too. But I felt better after eating some protein.

I:
*made breakfast
*got DD off to school
*cleaned the kitchen
*took out the trash
*made the bed
*made chili, which turned out wonderfully
*am in the process of washing clothes
*studied

I plan to:
*study some more

I rescheduled DD's afternoon riding lesson for later in the week. I'm trying to take it easy and not wear myself out.

#201 of 1254 Old 10-12-2010, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

I haven't done the dishes yet, but I have swept and mopped the kitchen, pantry, bathroom and utility room and vacuumed the living room and bedroom.
#202 of 1254 Old 10-12-2010, 04:28 PM

I've done a little laundry and picked up the kitchen... nothing terribly involved. It's too nice out to want to do much inside!
#203 of 1254 Old 10-12-2010, 04:40 PM

Couldn't sleep last night so I finished up the monkey's vest and apron then took pictures of the projects I finished.
DD2's dress with apron
Dress without apron
All 3 blankets
Monkey in vest sitting on top of his blanket
I also did the dishes, wiped down the sinks, wiped down the washer/dryer, started a load in the wash and swept/mopped the kitchen. Now Im going to try to get a couple of hours of sleep until the girls wake up.

#204 of 1254 Old 10-12-2010, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

confustication, it's a lovely day here, as well. I actually have the windows open. :-)

okimom! You are so very talented! Congrats on finishing your projects!
#205 of 1254 Old 10-12-2010, 08:27 PM

Thanks Poetry! Im grateful my DH encouraged me to teach myself how to sew. I always wanted to learn but never had anyone to teach me, DH just bought me a machine, fabric, patterns and books and told me I could figure it out if I put my mind to it. I love sewing, its a definite stress relief for me.

I rotated the laundry, made breakfest, cleaned up from breakfest, picked up the living room and now Im going to go clean the playroom. When Im done with the playroom (thats if the girls coorperate, they seem to be in a fighting mood today, they keep arguing over every little thing) Im going to start working on the cupboard in the hall bath. I had a bottle hit me in the head when I opened it last so I figure its about time to clean it out!

#206 of 1254 Old 10-12-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post
(thats if the girls coorperate, they seem to be in a fighting mood today, they keep arguing over every little thing)
Oh dear! I know those moods. Sounds like maybe it's time for them to have a play at the park to get it out of their system!

I am off to drop off a zillion bags of decluttered stuff, then do the food shopping, then back home to do my MM chores.

SAHM to three
#207 of 1254 Old 10-13-2010, 01:06 AM

Hi ladies, this is from zenhabits.net

Nine Quick Tips to Identify Clutter

Posted: 12 Oct 2010 01:17 PM PDT

‘How many things are there which I do not want.’ ~Socrates

Editor’s note: This is a guest post from Gretchen Rubin of The Happiness Project.
Lately, I’ve been on a clutter-clearing frenzy. For me, as for most people, outer order contributes to inner calm, and sweeping away a bunch of unloved, unused stuff has given me a huge happiness boost.

As I sifted through our possessions, I identified nine questions to ask myself when I was confronted with a questionable object. This list helped me decide what to keep and what to toss, recycle, or give away.
1.Does this thing work? I was surprised by how hard it was to admit that something was broken and couldn’t be fixed—say, our dud toaster or my daughter’s frog clock. Why was I hanging on to these things?
2.Would I replace it if it were broken or lost? If not, I must not really need it.
3.Does it seem potentially useful—but never actually gets used? Something like an oversized water-bottle, a corkscrew with an exotic mechanism, or a tiny vase. Or duplicates. How many spare glass jars did I need to keep on hand?
4.Was I “saving” it? Leaving bath gel in the tube, or hoarding my favorite stationery in a desk drawer, was as wasteful as never using these things. Spend out!
5.Does it serve its purpose well? For example, we have a lot of “cute” kitchen objects that don’t really work.
6.Has it been replaced by a better model? Inexplicably, I’m in the habit of keeping a broken or outmoded version of tech gadgets, even after they’ve been replaced. Pointless.
7.Is it nicely put away in an out-of-the-way place? One of my Secrets of Adulthood is: Just because things are nicely organized doesn’t mean they’re not clutter. No matter how tidily a thing is stored, if I never use it, why keep it?
8.Does this memento actually prompt any memories? Sometimes I automatically keep things that fall into the category of “mementos,” assuming that they’d set off some sort of response, but they don’t. The attendance trophy from my daughter’s pre-school sports class—out.
9.Have I ever used this thing? I was absolutely shocked to find, when I started looking, how many things we owned that we had never once used. Many were gifts, true, but I promised myself we’d either put these things into use within a few weeks or give them away.
How about you? Have you identified any questions that help you decide whether or not to keep a particular possession?

Read more from Gretchen at her blog, The Happiness Project, or read more about her #1 New York Times bestselling book, The Happiness Project.

#208 of 1254 Old 10-13-2010, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterwarrior View Post
Oh dear! I know those moods. Sounds like maybe it's time for them to have a play at the park to get it out of their system!

I am off to drop off a zillion bags of decluttered stuff, then do the food shopping, then back home to do my MM chores.
I wish! I had them all dressed to go out, looked out the window and it was pouring. Hopefully it gets sunny soon and Ill take them out to get muddy. Luckily DD2 took a nap and woke up in a better mood than she was in before.

I got the purse and headband done while DD2 was napping (excuse the crabby face, she just woke up and didn't want her picture taken). Also DD1 helped me clean the playroom and inventory the baby 0-3 month boy and neutral clothing.
Now its off to fingerpainting and praying the rain has stopped and it has dryed up enough we can go to the park this afternoon! Only thing left on my to do list for today is making a meal plan for the rest of the week and e-mailing the list of what I need to my DH so he can pick it up on the way home from work.

#209 of 1254 Old 10-13-2010, 04:42 AM

We actually made it to the park! Now the girls are playing with playdough..
Cleaning wise I:
made meal plan, e-mailed list to DH
cleaned the cupboard/medicine chest in the bathroom
quick cleaned the master bedroom
helped the girls clean up their playroom
finished up the 3rd load of laundry for the day. Only 2 more.. Those will probably be done tomorrow. I don't like leaving clothes overnight in the wash.
Now Im going to go make dinner, then its bath, night clean up and family time. Oh I will end up having to get the laundry from the dryer, fold it and put the laundry from the wash into the dryer as well. But DH will be home to help so it shouldn't take to long.

#210 of 1254 Old 10-13-2010, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

clutterwarrior, How I long to get back to doing Motivated Moms chores! Lately I've been addicted to decluttering, though. I've nearly cleared out my utility room (except for baby clothes and equipment we know we'll use again) and only 6 boxes remain in the big closet I am clearing. Then I plan to declutter the entire apartment! It's a small apartment, so it's not such a daunting task. DSD is moving in with us in just over a month, and within 6-8 months we'll likely move to a bigger place, at which time I may be pregnant. I want to do everything I can to make such a move as easy as possible, plus make room for DSD in our current home. I told DH that in preparing for DSD's arrival, I feel kind of like I'm nesting. I think once I get everything decluttered, MM will be much easier to follow.

*bejeweled*, thanks for that article! I really love this point: "Lately, I’ve been on a clutter-clearing frenzy. For me, as for most people, outer order contributes to inner calm, and sweeping away a bunch of unloved, unused stuff has given me a huge happiness boost." Thanks so much for sharing that! I'll be sure to ask myself those questions as I continue to declutter.

Okimom, you've inspired me! I think I'm asking for a sewing machine for Christmas this year. We're doing the Victorian 4 Gift Christmas. It can satisfy either the "something I want" or "something I need."

Today, though, I am going to start by reheating the laundry in the dryer to get the wrinkles out, making my bed and washing a few dishes.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page