Mothering Forum banner

10 or 15 Minute Sessions of Cleaning--Please join in!

28K views 1K replies 66 participants last post by  momtoS 
#1 ·
First I'm going to wash the dishes and clear the table. Please feel free to join in if you need motivation.

:)

#758 ·
VACUUMED the living room really it a big deal
smile.gif
DS is anti nap and anti pack at the moment and I feel like I'M getting mastitis again
angry.gif

laundry and grocery shopping and ferret walking are the rest of are must dos for today also need to work on setting up the home office and web site building or may just hire that out at this very tired time

#759 ·
Im so tired this morning!!
sleeping.gif
But I still need to try to find my ID, still haven't found it! I woke at like 4am and couldn't go back to sleep so I finished DD1's PJs. Now I can barely keep my eyes open.

Basically What I need to get done is the same as yesterday.. Hopefully I can keep myself awake to do some of it..

So things to do today:

Find ID, pray DD2 didn't throw it away like Ive caught her trying several times

clean patio

Fold laundry, put away

Wrap gifts

package things to get mailed

Tie Dye shirts, undies, playsilks

Dye pasta for craft next week

food shopping list

food shopping

Clean out the AC units in front room and dining room and replace filters

Sewing stuff to work on:

DD1's art set

4 skirts

pants

3 kimono shoes (lion print, heart print, pirate print)

3 kimono shirts (lion print, heart print, pirate print)

Ring Sling

fix zipper on couch

Maybe Ill take a nap first.. Im so tired!

#760 ·
Graceie- Take it easy!! If you are getting mastitis then you really need to rest (yea, I know easier said than done when you have young ones at home).. I hope you feel better soon.

#763 ·
Gracie, I hope you start feeling better! Mastitis kicked my bottom more times than I want to admit and always just when I didn't need it to (like the day before I had to return to work with DD1). Lots of nursing and rest, drinking lots of water and eating well are the best things to do. It stinks, especially when you have a lot of other things to do, but its better than it getting worse.

Its 5pm over here so bout time for clean up, bathes, teeth brushing and bed.

Tomorrows to dos: Reds are what Im working on first thing, hopefully I get some stuff done without the girls up.

Quick clean: living room, dining room, kitchen, playroom, bedrooms, wipe down bathrooms

Finish scripture reading plan (started it a while ago but never got it done)

Freeze: Muffin mixes (blueberry, chocolate chip), French toast sticks, cut up green peppers, taco meat (2 things), sloppy joes, Bagel pizza bites (however many is in the bag to make), torn up beef for sandwiches, ham and cheese sandwiches,

Find ID, pray DD2 didn't throw it away like Ive caught her trying several times Ive given up trying to find it, DH is taking me down to the ID place this week to get a new one. Ughs! Frustrating!!

Finish laundry, put away- 4 more loads

Find a good nursing pad tutorial

Sewing stuff to work on(what needs to get done this month or so):

DD1's art set

4 skirts

pants

Ring Sling- 1/2 done, Need to top stitch, reinforce the stitches then pleat and add the rings

fix zipper on couch

4 felt vehicles (2 fire engines, police car, shovel)

3- changing pad covers.

felt sushi set,

nursing pads (40 sets)

hair clips for stocking,

car seat blanket,

Diaper changing kit for SIL,

blessing outfit,

babysitter thank you gift,

bag for camera/laptop,

Mai Tie,

Doll slings and bed for both girls.

#765 ·
Just finished making the blueberry muffins and bagel pizzas, I made sloppy joes (doubled for dinner tonight as well) and taco meat as well. Made the ham and cheese sandwiches.. so Im doing well freezing stuff today.Im waiting for the stuff to finish flash freezing to make more. The roast Ill tear up for sandwiches is also cooking in the crock pot. I cleaned most of the apartment this morning as well, all I have to finish is wiping down the bathrooms.

Im off to make breakfest for the girls and then wipe down the bathrooms. After that the laundry should be ready to come out.

#769 ·
Ok, finished freezing what I was planning on freezing today and I wiped down the bathrooms. Im going to go shower and get dressed now then read a few books to the girls, fold the laundry and put the next load in.

#770 ·
Dryer just dinged again so hopefully that means the sheets are dry.. Only one load left after the linens (which are in now). Then Im going to go check on them then work on the ring sling and finish that off, theres not that much left to do, Ive just been playing with the girls instead of working.

#771 ·
Dinner just got done so Im going to go clean up, remake the bed and crash.. Im tired tonight.. Tomorrows to dos: Red is what I would like to get done.

Clean kitchen- microwave, fridge, wipe down washer/dryer, sweep/mop

Clean living room, fan, window, wash rug, sweep/mop

Clean blinds: Kitchen/living room

Finish laundry

Freeze: chocolate chip cookies, pot of chili

Sewing stuff to work on(what needs to get done this month or so):

DD1's art set- goal for today, make design

4 skirts-all cut out, one needs to be hemmed, the others are all undone- next up, Im going to sew all the seams and the elastic.. I can't hem them until I get a new ruler.. Mine has mysteriously disappeared which happens a lot when DH has uniform inspections.. I wonder if he has a new ruler in his desk right now
ROTFLMAO.gif

pants- going to do this all the way.. Hopefully i can guesstimate using another pair of pants how much to hem them.

Ring Sling-

fix zipper on couch

3 felt vehicles (fire engine, police car, shovel)- started the fire engine today, got the top done. Going to do this after the skirts/pants.. if I get the skirts/pants done that is

3- changing pad covers.

felt sushi set,

nursing pads (40 sets)

hair clips for stocking,

car seat blanket,

Diaper changing kit for SIL,

blessing outfit,

babysitter thank you gift,

bag for camera/laptop,

Mai Tie,

Doll slings and bed for both girls.

#772 ·
Hello.
Today I:

*made breakfast
*got DD off to school
*cleared the kitchen (dishes rinsed, counters clean)
*wiped down the bathrooms
*straightened the living room
*made the bed
*took out the trash
*ran errands
*studied
smile.gif

*made dinner
*they just delivered DD's piano
joy.gif

I hope to:
*study some more
reading.gif

#773 ·
Just finished the ring sling, I think I like it.. I would love to try it out to see how comfortable it is but neither of the girls are game.. Silly kids, no help :)

Next Im going to go start freezing things and work on cleaning up some.

#774 ·
The next 3 15 minute sessions: 1) sweep/mop the kitchen and living room, 2) wipe down the fan and glass door, wipe down the kitchen blinds 3) wipe down the glass door blinds..

After that its about time I showered and dressed for the day then read to the girls.

#777 ·
Ok, clean up didn't take very long... I guess thats what happens when you keep things picked up, cleaning takes a fraction of the time it otherwise would. Im going to shower and play for a bit then Im going to work on DD1's Art kit, the changing pad covers and the fire engine.

#778 ·
Phil- kitchen junk drawers is a killer for me. I keep cleaning them they keep coming back.

I forgot to defrost the chicken last night so I can't do the chicken fingers or chicken patties like I was going to so Im going to go read a bit more with the girls then work on some sewing stuff.

#779 ·
I'm doing a full day of 15minute sessions today! We have a big geeky night planned here, we are world of warcraft players and it's the newest expansion release this evening
ROTFLMAO.gif
so I don't want to be distracted by annoying cleaning tasks that need to be done, so I'm doing them all today!

So far I/we (kids helping) have done the following:

*made beds

*kids cleaned their 2 bedrooms pretty well!

* swept tile areas of the house

*picked up toys & bits, then vacummed the living room

* washing the dishes (doing in stages as I'm handwashing, ran out of dishwasher tablets and dh accidentally took my keys so I can't dgo anywhere to get any lol)

* put laundry on to wash

*got something out of the freezer organized for dinner

*taking an iced tea break now ... after this I will:

*rotate laundry to the dryer and put on another load

*make popcorn for the kids and let them make a 'theatre' in the lounge & watch movies so I can..

*MOP as much of the tile areas of the house as I can, bathrooms included

*give the toilets a clean, as well as the vanities in both bathrooms

*rotate laundry again

*fold and put away laundry that's finished

I'll take a break in there somewhere I'm sure :lol Then I'll whip up dinner (homemade manwiches & wedges NOM) and get the boys bathed & jammied... then we'll settle in for a night of game geekery!! hehehe

#780 ·
Ive been feeling run down and unmotivated cleaned the kitcehn then we hit our baby group . need to sit down and make a list for tomorrow
smile.gif
and soak a ton of rice and beans for dinner tomorrow and freezer stash.

stole OKImoms crayon idea sorted the two gallon size ziplock bags of old broken crayons for some toddler crayon making
kid.gif

#781 ·
Hi everyone!

Okimom..do you have a microwave? It works perfectly for that as they normally have a defrosting setting, great when one forgets to thaw something out.

Graceie I hope you are feeling a bit brighter.

Got a lot of things done today, but not a lot of actual cleaning, just jobs that needed ticking off.

Made birthday card for MIL

Finished scrapbook layout.

Made all beds

hung out washing

Got bulk of xmas gift shopping done, yay!

Took DD to gym to check out casual prices, and it looks like we can afford the casual rate, yippee.

Handed out bowls of fresh strawberries and blueberries

then made mango smoothies for all, which went down the hatch very easily!

Have been ignoring my MM chores, so off to do a couple of those before starting on dinner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.