Mothering Forum banner

10 or 15 Minute Sessions of Cleaning--Please join in!

28K views 1K replies 66 participants last post by  momtoS 
#1 ·
First I'm going to wash the dishes and clear the table. Please feel free to join in if you need motivation.

:)

#782 ·
Good Morning.
smile.gif

Today I:

*made breakfast
*got DD off to school
*cleared the kitchen (dishes rinsed, counters clean)
*wiped down the bathrooms
*straightened the living room
*made the bed
*took out the trash
*cleaned the litter box
*put away the clothes
*took a little nap
smile.gif

*got a big bow

I hope to:
*put a gift together
*study
reading.gif

*take DD to the barn
cat.gif
dog2.gif

#783 ·
Hi everyone! My family has been sick for weeks now. First it was DH, then we all caught nasty colds and the baby got an ear infection to boot. DSD and I are better, babe is getting better with Vitamin D3, elderberry syrup and ear drops, and DH is out of work sick. I told him he is only allowed to rest. Myself, from stress alone I've gone down to 109 pounds, which is underweight for my height. I've decided I'm taking care of myself first and that DH is taking care of himself first. I strongly suspect stress is playing a HUGE roll in his being so sick. I've started journaling again and am attempting to exercise and have a goal to write creatively some of the time.

So today I have journaled, changed and nursed DS, given him his medicine, given DSD her homeschooling to do list and tended to DH. I'm about to shower. I'm hoping to exercise later, and, of course, to get some chores done and business calls made/paperwork faxed. I'll be back to post my progress.

#784 ·
I hope you all feel better PoetryLover. Often good stress can make us sick also. Like after weddings and major life changes people often get sick. I got sick on my honeymoon. Take care of yourselves. Journaling is wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post

Hi everyone! My family has been sick for weeks now. First it was DH, then we all caught nasty colds and the baby got an ear infection to boot. DSD and I are better, babe is getting better with Vitamin D3, elderberry syrup and ear drops, and DH is out of work sick. I told him he is only allowed to rest. Myself, from stress alone I've gone down to 109 pounds, which is underweight for my height. I've decided I'm taking care of myself first and that DH is taking care of himself first. I strongly suspect stress is playing a HUGE roll in his being so sick. I've started journaling again and am attempting to exercise and have a goal to write creatively some of the time.

So today I have journaled, changed and nursed DS, given him his medicine, given DSD her homeschooling to do list and tended to DH. I'm about to shower. I'm hoping to exercise later, and, of course, to get some chores done and business calls made/paperwork faxed. I'll be back to post my progress.

#785 ·
Garceie, I hope your crayons came out well!

Clutter- I do have a microwave I just avoid defrosting things in it.. For some reason it makes me sick to my stomach to do so.. I'm weird like that..

Poetry- Ive been wondering how you are doing. Definitely take care of yourself first and try not to stress. Everything will work out in the long run..

I'm running late this morning since I spent extra time cuddling my girls. My oldest has been going through some rough times lately and been needing extra mommy attention.. One minute she seems to be more mature than ever and the next shes back to a 2 year old having a meltdown over cheese on her bread.. I feel bad for her and I have no clue what I can do to help her..

Things to do today:

Clean: girls room, play room, master bedroom, both bathrooms.

Clean blinds: master bedroom, playroom, girls room

Inventory art supplies, make a list of what we need to stock up on

Freeze: mini hamburgers, sausage biscuits, garlic bread (2 loaves), baked spaghetti

E-mail the company we are waiting on a package from. Im giving the package one more week. No matter what it isn't going to get here in time if they have to reship it so Im giving to their "max" ship time to get it here.

Sewing stuff to work on(what needs to get done this month or so):

DD1's art set-

3 skirts-all cut out,

pants- going to do this all the way.. Hopefully i can guesstimate using another pair of pants how much to hem them.

3 kimono shoes (lion print, heart print, pirate print)

3 kimono shirts (lion print, heart print, pirate print)

Ring Sling-

Rice packs (one long for around the neck, one for lower back)

fix zipper on couch

3 felt vehicles (fire engine, police car, shovel)- fire engine done, police car traced and partly cut out

3- changing pad covers.

felt sushi set,

nursing pads (40 sets)

hair clips for stocking,

car seat blanket,

Diaper changing kit for SIL,

blessing outfit,

babysitter thank you gift,

bag for camera/laptop,

Mai Tie,

Doll slings and bed for both girls.

I'm going to try to take a break from the skirts/pants today because I'm having a mental block when it comes to completing them. Sometimes when I get like that the best thing if for me not to think of it for a day or two and then come back. I'm going to work on a few other things I need to get done instead.

#786 ·
went to the doc today got some new meal planing ideas need to make grocery list and hit the store spent 15 mins cleaning and tideing currenlt have a neked baby well the diepers are in the wash
shy.gif
need to take out the trash thats it Im still feeling kinda under the weahter

OKImom havent finished the crayon sorted then hoping to peel and break up today w

#787 ·
ok its one of those days just cooked 4 pound of ckinen took one bite it had gone bad then ds pooped on the carpet right when the drier dinged for diepers ugh . we are now haveing veggie not chikn and veggie tacos for dinner and Im thinking I should stop trying for today
oops.gif

#789 ·
Graceie- Ive had those types of days.. I just did what I could and went to bed hoping the next day was better..

Got the cleaning done.. Finish the police car. Now onto making french bread (that will later be garlic bread) and baked spaghetti for dinner/to freeze. Then Im going to work on the bags for the camera and laptop if I have the energy/time to.

#790 ·
Bread is rising.. I ended up making some rice packs instead of the bags since my back has been hurting me alot. Hopefully they help some!

ETA- Ended up eyeballing the hem on the one skirt and now my oldest is twirling around the room in it.. I think she likes it.

#791 ·
Im going to post my to dos for tomorrow really quickly while I wait for the bread to finish rising.. That way after dinner I can do a quick clean up and sleep
sleeping.gif
I find though if I don't have set goals for the next day before I go to sleep its easier for me just not to do anything..

Tomorrows cleaning/planning/cooking goals:

Freeze- Banana bread, chicken strips, shepards pie, rolls- not happening. Im not feeling well.

Thats it.. We were suppose to be getting me a new id tomorrow but I don't think thats going to happen (DH has work meetings and all) so I did all the cleaning for tomorrow today.. Now tomorrow is free for the most part..

Concentrate on tomorrow (sewing):

Shovel (last felt vehicle to do!)

1 more skirt all done, do the side hems on all of them

fix zippers on couch

hair clips for stockings

Sewing stuff to work on(what needs to get done this month or so):

DD1's art set-

3 skirts-all cut out,

pants- going to do this all the way.. Hopefully i can guesstimate using another pair of pants how much to hem them.

3 kimono shoes (lion print, heart print, pirate print)

3 kimono shirts (lion print, heart print, pirate print)

Ring Sling-

Rice packs (one long for around the neck, one for lower back)

fix zipper on couch

3 felt vehicles (fire engine, police car, shovel)- fire engine done, police car done

3- changing pad covers.

felt sushi set,

nursing pads (40 sets)

hair clips for stocking,

car seat blanket,

Diaper changing kit for SIL,

blessing outfit,

babysitter thank you gift,

bag for camera/laptop,

Mai Tie,

Doll slings and bed for both girls.

#792 ·
Well that's annoying...I wrote a long post and accidentally cleared it!
irked.gif

Okimom do you make your own bread from scratch?

Today I have been quite productive despite not feeling 100%, I often find when feeling under the weather I somehow seem to challenge myself to not let it stop me!

Cleared a clutter spot in the kitchen, I am loving the clear bench space!

Cleaned dining room table

Cleaned two toilets and sinks

dusted living room

dusted 2 kids bedrooms

cleaned walls in bathroom

#795 ·
I showered, dressed and did my makeup. I had my morning coffee and DSD had cereal for breakfast. I need to have cereal myself, transfer the laundry to the dryer and put in a load of diapers for the first wash. I changed DS's diaper, gave him his medicine and am about to lay the snoring bundle currently bouncing on my knees down to complete his nap. I am also about to homeschool DSD.

#796 ·
Good Morning.
Today I:

*made breakfast
*got DD off to school
*cleared the kitchen (dishes rinsed, counters clean)
*wiped down the bathrooms
*straightened the living room
*made the bed
*took out the trash
*emailed the grocery list to the market
thumb.gif

*went to my obgyn appt
*started washing clothes
*wrapped a gift
*tutored
*picked up the groceries
*put together the big gift!

What a great day!
smile.gif

I hope to:
*study tomorrow
reading.gif

#797 ·
to do list laudery , wiped dwon kitech conters , clean out DS room and ferret room grocery shoping , cooking , finsih the office posbley go to the massage suply store place another sitter add really I neverthought finding a baby sitter woulld be so hard , try and think of anything else to get done before IM working and dont have so much free time
smile.gif
me and DS are going to our LLL meeting

#798 ·
I'm in today, because we have GOT to get the place into shape! The kids put away toys that went upstairs. (We made an obstacle course to run through in the hallway to motivate them. They ran through the obstacle course enroute to putting the toys away.)

On my list today still is uh..... everything! Bed linens washed and beds made, floors cleaned, laundry in, laundry folded and put away, dishes, bathroom quick wipe down...

I think first I'll tackle the sheets off the beds and into the wash. Then bathroom because the kids always love helping there. I'll save the laundry fold for during nap.

#803 ·
ha! great job Jessica I almost never put them away the same day
orngbiggrin.gif
c during DSs nap I pt laundry in the drier wiped down the counters and cleaned the sinks toilet all with the ferret instead of walking him spent some time decluttering and followed up on a babysitting lead I got at the LLL meeting

that's all I'm doing today now to sit down and eat ice cream ! we might go grocery shopping if I feel like it later ! yes its that kinda of day giving myself permission to be lazy no supermoms today !

#804 ·
Clutter- I try to make all my own bread/rolls/tortillas etc. It saves money and I don't have to worry about whats in them. The bread over here is frozen stateside and shipped over here so I don't even want to think of how old it is.. Supposedly they stopped doing that but last 3 times i went to the store all the bread was frozen.. At least when I freeze bread I make I know how old it is when we use it (I date everything I freeze). my girls are totally spoiled, when I buy bread at the store they complain and ask for "mommy bread" as they call it. Im really grateful for the stand mixer DH got me for my birthday! Before I had to kneed everything by hand, now I just turn on the mixer and set the timer then do whatever else i need to get done.. when it beeps its done!

Poetry, How is homeschooling going? I hope your DSD and you are enjoying yourself!

Another late morning so its probably good I did most the cleaning yesterday. DD1 had a bad dream, woke up at around 330 and didn't go back to bed until almost 530 and then was up at 6. I hope whatever it is thats upsetting her (she won't tell me) passes before the baby comes because I would love to get some sleep.

Up first, showering and getting everyone dressed. Then Im going to go do dishes (never got done last night oops) and figure out what art project the girls are doing today.

#805 ·
Hope everyone who has been sick is feeling better now.

Okimom you have inspired me to give it a go too with the breadmaking.
thumb.gif

I have been very tired lately, felt like lying down all the time yesterday, and I said to DH "I wonder why I am so tired?" So he says to me.. "Um maybe because you have shingles, you are menopausal, and you went interstate to visit relatives last week, and last month you had whooping cough, and you have three children, and it's nearly Christmas, is that enough reasons??"
whistling.gif
Sheepish.gif

Just writing a list right now to plan meals up till Boxing Day...can't wait till the 27th so I can relax!

Today so far I have:

made beds

made coffee

emptied dishwasher

swept bathroom

cleaned top shelf of fridge

Today I have to:

work out what I can use in freezer and pantry

shop for healthy food!

wrap xmas pressies

mop kitchen and bathroom

#806 ·
Clutter, homemade bread really does taste a lot better and its not as hard as it might seem.

Im feeling icky again today, morning sickness at it again.. I finally did shower though and the girls are all over me to go make lunch so Im going to force myself to go cook them something to eat and clean up the kitchen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.