What's with the multiples? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-21-2010, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is something I just don't get. I clean houses some, and some women either have 3 or 4 toothbrushes in the holder or 5 razors in their shower. I know they aren't sharing the bathroom. Really, how many can you use at once?
#2 of 9 Old 09-21-2010, 01:42 AM

Maybe they are sharing the bathroom....I assume if you are working as a cleaner you most likely would not know what is going on in their personal lives, regarding visitors, guests, family members who stay, etc?

Or perhaps they like to vary the toothbrush they use from day to day, and like to try different brands of razors?

I do have a few different toothbrushes, including the electric one, but only use one razor at a time, lol.

SAHM to three
#3 of 9 Old 09-21-2010, 01:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
my bro spends the night sometimes, so he has a toothbrush here. I'm sure things like that are common.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#4 of 9 Old 09-21-2010, 01:53 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The toothbrushes pile up in my kids' bathroom. They don't ever throw them away. I'm kind of the same way with razors. I just find one and use it every once in awhile, and then I throw it back in a drawer. Right now I have 2 in my shower because I didn't know there was one already in there. I just don't see to throw stuff away much, so it piles up. My disposable razors are like 5 years old. Sometimes I keep the toothbrushes for cleaning other things as well.
#5 of 9 Old 09-21-2010, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Totally a pet peeve of mine. ONE THING. Please!!!!!! UGH!! WE replace our toothbrushes once every 3 months. The old ones are usually thrown away or recycled to be used for cleaning tools.(works great on faucets). Razors get rusty and old quick if left in the bathtub, why not store themin the cabinet until you need them?? I used to clean houses too,and saw this aLOT. In fact, most ppl do this.....I guess I am the freak, lol

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#6 of 9 Old 09-21-2010, 07:33 PM

We used to have this problem, lol!

I'd buy the multipack of toothbrushes or razors, thinking it was a better value, set all of them out, and they'd all get used and worn! We're more frugal now, and don't do this any longer.
#7 of 9 Old 09-21-2010, 11:15 PM

Ugh... I would love to know the answer to this myself. DH always has 3 or 4 razors in use. Very irritating! No multiples on toothbrushes thankfully...just razors.

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#8 of 9 Old 09-22-2010, 02:42 AM

Razors, might be they needed to shave but forgot their razor so bought another then just put it in the shower out of habit. My DH forgets his razor when he has morning PT but has to shave (military so the men have to be clean shaven) so he buys a razor and I end up with it in the shower. Ive gone on trips and forgotten to pack my razor so I buy one then it ends up in my medicine chest. Luckily its not the shower but we stopped doing that when we had kids because we found it to be dangerous.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#9 of 9 Old 09-22-2010, 09:58 AM

For me, if I have more than one razor (disposables) in the shower it's because I remembered to bring a fresh one into the shower, but I forgot to throw the old one away. Then I have to make a mental note of which one is the new one. You're right, it is better to only have one in there.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page