Ideas needed for magazine clippings - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-04-2010, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am a group fitness insructor and get several fitness magazines. I cut out pages of exercises to save for inspiration when planning classes. In the past I cut out each exercise and taped them onto pages sorted by type of move. then put the pages into binders. That was before I had my DS. I do not have time for all that anymore.

I am looking for ideas of how I can organize these magazine pages as simply as possible and very low budget. the most simple way would be to buy those clear pages that go in a binder to slip the magazine pages into. I do not have the budgest for that and really I have a ton of pages. I do not mind having more than one binder (I already do). My requirements are that I can see both front and back of the magazine page and put them in a binder or something to flip through easily. I have a 3 hole punch. I would just punch the magazine pages but know they will tear out too easy. I have thought of running a piece of clear tape down the side then punching the pages. I think the tape might tear too though.

Any ideas? Please help me oragnize my stacks of magazine pages.

partners.gif Wife to mysuperhero.gif             
hang.gif Mommy to thehomebirth.jpg miracle of our love lovestory.gif  our sweet dog2.gif andchicken3.gif

#2 of 7 Old 10-04-2010, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyway you can switch to online versions of these magazines and then just bookmark them or download specific sets into folders on your desktop? If not, I the plastic page protectors are the only solution I can see. Anything else would be even more expensive and time consuming.

I'm a morning person.  We actually do exist.
#3 of 7 Old 10-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Banned

personally, i would stop the process.

if you already have many binders, you likely have more than enough right now do have a full series of classes for more than one year, you know what i mean? like 100 different routines?

so, it's likely that you don't need to get new ideas right now.

in a few years, when time and budget allows, you can return to the process, but it's ok to rely just one what you have for now.

and i'm a yoga teacher; i know how it is.
#4 of 7 Old 10-05-2010, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
personally, i would stop the process.

if you already have many binders, you likely have more than enough right now do have a full series of classes for more than one year, you know what i mean? like 100 different routines?

so, it's likely that you don't need to get new ideas right now.

in a few years, when time and budget allows, you can return to the process, but it's ok to rely just one what you have for now.

and i'm a yoga teacher; i know how it is.
That sounds logical but I am always trying to learn more and keep up with the latest techniques. Not only for classes but for myslef also. I like to mix things up alot. I only have 2 small binders started. Most of my pages are loose and I even have folders of moves cut out and ready to do something with.

partners.gif Wife to mysuperhero.gif             
hang.gif Mommy to thehomebirth.jpg miracle of our love lovestory.gif  our sweet dog2.gif andchicken3.gif

#5 of 7 Old 10-05-2010, 09:35 AM

What about boxes of some sort? You could keep them loose, but they would still be organized. You could even do ziplock bags or large envelopes to divide categories. Then, when your budget allows, you can go back to the binders.

Mom to: Honey (6/04) and Bunny (9/09)
#6 of 7 Old 10-05-2010, 09:36 AM

Or you could just use binder clips at the corner and you can still flip the pages.

Mom to: Honey (6/04) and Bunny (9/09)
#7 of 7 Old 10-05-2010, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
If you don't have the budget for the page protectors, I'd start by getting them all sorted by move/muscle group/whatever. Then scan them into your computer using a filing system. That way, you can get moves online and download/bookmark them in the same folders on the computer, and have everything together instead of some paper, some online. (And I'd probably stop subscribing to the hard copies of the mags and get them online to save trees and trouble. There are also lots of freebies to be had on various fitness sites, so it seems like a good way to save money too.)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page