Shouting out for Soulemama... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 10-06-2010, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone who reads Soulemamas blog knows she and her crew just bought a "new" old house and are remodeling. Its awesome and so is her blog. If you aren't reading you should check it out. She's painting floors white and they are lovely.
#2 of 30 Old 10-07-2010, 12:54 AM

I love soulemama!!!

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

#3 of 30 Old 10-07-2010, 01:07 AM

#4 of 30 Old 10-07-2010, 01:12 AM

soulemama is everything I wish I could be bahaha. She is seriously great.
#5 of 30 Old 10-11-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeoflife3 View Post
soulemama is everything I wish I could be bahaha. She is seriously great.

Me too! I wish I knew her secret to making it look like there are 36 hours in her day and still have the energy to do all that she does!
#6 of 30 Old 10-12-2010, 11:09 AM

Thanks for the reminder, I haven't checked in on her blog in a little while..always inspiring, and I agree with Earthy Mama- how does she do it all?

Christina, mama to 2 sweet girls

10.26.12 (HBAC!)
namaste.gif   neg.gif  sewmachine.gif   homebirth.jpg homeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#7 of 30 Old 10-12-2010, 07:11 PM

Is there a link please so we can check it out too?

SAHM to three
#8 of 30 Old 10-12-2010, 07:13 PM

#9 of 30 Old 10-12-2010, 07:18 PM

Thank you!

SAHM to three
#10 of 30 Old 10-12-2010, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Did you see her "library"? SO freakin cute. I love how real they are with everything. And their house is going to be amazing when done, but yet its done frugally and simply.
#11 of 30 Old 10-13-2010, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I did like her blog and checked it frequently at one time. Then she seemed to get inundated with advertising and the routine blog posts about her family were replaced with a bunch of interviews and highlights of lots of other people I don't really have an interest in. It just lost a lot of the charm for me. I don't get back to her blog much anymore, but I'm sure she doesn't miss me - she has a lot of traffic. Maybe I'll check it out again. Thanks for the reminder.
#12 of 30 Old 10-13-2010, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

She still does advertising and blogs on weekends only about natural family products/sellers. However, most of the time the seller is doing a giveaway for soulemama readers.

I don't think she's "sold out" though. Her husband was really sick earlier this year and they moved so they've had a lot going on. Maybe when you were reading her was in a "lull". Try her again. She now has laying hens, kitties and a puppy after her two long time doggies died. And of course four kids lol.
#13 of 30 Old 10-15-2010, 08:11 AM

Amanda is my inspiration! I know that blogs really only depict the best parts of a persons life but she really lives in beauty and creativity and I wish I could be more like her. I just love the posts about her 'new' house. I am totally obsessed with old houses. (And its nice that she lives in Maine too so any local places she talks about I can actually check out! I'm planning a trip to Alewives fabrics soon)

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#14 of 30 Old 10-25-2010, 11:04 AM

i love soulemama..
i can't believe WHITE floors, though! very brave move. it does look airy and clean, though, which is the look she was going for.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#15 of 30 Old 11-08-2010, 10:40 AM

I have no idea where to post this, so I just searched for the latest thread about Soulemama. I'm really disappointed that one of her sponsors is the Bulk Herb Store which is Shoshanna's store (Pearls' daughter) and it talks about a video that is made by Shoshanna & Debi Pearl. It all looks so "wholesome" and natural, of course, which I believe is just a marketing ploy by the Pearls', and I have heard that cited as a reason that people are attracted to them.

I guess my question is has she had controversial sponsors before? I am really dissapointed and confused by her allowing this sponsorship.

An extrovert, married to my introverted dh since '01, mothering my girls C (2003) and G (2006).

Love homeschooling, reading, cooking (most of the time grain-free except for when I'm not ), lactivist, former and wanna-be cloth diaperer and baby-wearer...

#16 of 30 Old 11-08-2010, 10:59 AM

Well, to answer my own question, she replied to me on twitter that she hadn't heard of the Pearls before today. Now I feel bad for her, I'm going to guess that she's locked into the sponsorship for now... who knows...

An extrovert, married to my introverted dh since '01, mothering my girls C (2003) and G (2006).

Love homeschooling, reading, cooking (most of the time grain-free except for when I'm not ), lactivist, former and wanna-be cloth diaperer and baby-wearer...

#17 of 30 Old 11-08-2010, 11:10 AM

I've been reading Soulemama's blog for a few years. I especially love her photography!
#18 of 30 Old 11-08-2010, 11:17 AM

I've been following for a few years. How in the world does she create the loveliest sweaters and intricate quilts and raise so many children! Always in awe and always inspired by this mama. Seriously loving the updates on her new home renovations. That dresser she pulled out of the barn by herself and renovated. Wow. Makes me want to go find an old farmhouse to buy and make my own. A dream of mine for sure.
#19 of 30 Old 11-08-2010, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Amanda is awesome. I'm 100% sure she has lost sleep after finding out about the sponsorship of a company associated with people who 100% go against the way she raises her children.
#20 of 30 Old 11-08-2010, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Amanda has a post up addressing the sponsorship. As expected she pulled the sponsorship and any affiliation with them. She stands firm on no corporal punishment.
#21 of 30 Old 11-10-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof3boz View Post

Amanda has a post up addressing the sponsorship. As expected she pulled the sponsorship and any affiliation with them. She stands firm on no corporal punishment.

Whoo hoo!  Glad she's supportive of the PVC pipe...

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#22 of 30 Old 11-11-2010, 07:19 AM

Thanks for posting this!  I haven't visited her blog in a long time.  I used to read it everyday.  Those pictures of her new house are beautiful!  I would love to have a house just like that!

Marissa - Wife to Keith 6/28/03 and Mommy to Sienna 3/17/06 and Carter 5/10/08 born on his due date!
I love being a SAHM!  EPed with dd.  Breastfed for 2 years with ds.   
#23 of 30 Old 11-11-2010, 03:06 PM

I found her blog years ago and have always enjoyed it. I am loving all the house posts! The future barn studio will be amazing! ( green with envy smiley!)

Michelle , 20+ years with a wonderful DH
Mama to two boys, 12 and 10

#24 of 30 Old 11-11-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:

I was wondering what the issue was and which sponsor it involved. I'm glad she stands by her beliefs! YAY Amanda!

banana.gif

#25 of 30 Old 11-11-2010, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

soulemama's blog is one I read on a daily basis.  amanda is everything i wish i was and more.  she's a devoted, loving, gentle mother and an amazing decorator and crafter.  she gives me inspiration for my own home.

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#26 of 30 Old 11-12-2010, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

ok am I missing something?

Quote:
#27 of 30 Old 11-16-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry, I meant NOT supportive of the PVC pipe, should have re-read before I posted.

Some of the old Pearl stuff advocated visiting your local hardware store for a small bore PVC pipe to use in corporal punishment in place of the old-time switch.  It stings badly, but used "properly" won't leave long-standing bruises.  It's barbaric and inhumane.  I believe things have been edited and republished removing these references (their sales upped when a new generation parents came into the picture and didn't know that they used to do this.  My oldest is 12, books published around that time still had the "instructions".

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#28 of 30 Old 11-16-2010, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotemist View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry, I meant NOT supportive of the PVC pipe, should have re-read before I posted.

Some of the old Pearl stuff advocated visiting your local hardware store for a small bore PVC pipe to use in corporal punishment in place of the old-time switch.  It stings badly, but used "properly" won't leave long-standing bruises.  It's barbaric and inhumane.  I believe things have been edited and republished removing these references (their sales upped when a new generation parents came into the picture and didn't know that they used to do this.  My oldest is 12, books published around that time still had the "instructions".

OK now that makes sense LOL.  I read it like five times  and couldn't figure it out.

#29 of 30 Old 11-17-2010, 11:51 AM

I've read Soulemama on and off for years, I even bought 'The Creative Family' book at one point.  I have to admit that I don't catch up with her blog as often as I once did and especially not at the weekends because I grew tired of all of the sponsorship links.  Still a wonderful place to visit though.smile.gif

#30 of 30 Old 12-23-2010, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Did you hear????  Amanda is pregnant and due with their fifth baby in the spring!!  How wonderful.  Since she is a homebirther I am anxious to hear her story.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page