storing toys - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-17-2010, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD doesn't have a ton of toys, but enough that if they're not picked up twice a day my house looks like a toy aisle threw up. We have one basket of toys in the living room, one in the basement, one in her room and books everywhere. The problem with the baskets is that they're not very sturdy and everything tends to fall out and the baskets tend to break if they're not handled carefully. Needless to say my toddler doesn't. They were only a few bucks at Wal-Mart so I'm not to worried that they're almost destroyed, but it does mean I'm looking for another toy storage option.

I don't want a storage shelving unit or anything like that b/c there's not that many toys and I do want something that will blend in with our normal furniture. How do you store toys in communal living areas? I've seen some coffee tables with storage in them, but the larger ones are all fairly expensive.

obstruct livery vehicles

#2 of 3 Old 10-17-2010, 09:10 PM

How about a storage ottoman or 2? I've seen them for relatively little cost at stores like Target and Walmart.

I know you're trying to steer clear of baskets, but we have a few of these from Target (on sale for $28 a while back) and they're extremely sturdy and nice to look at. They have a strong metal frame.
#3 of 3 Old 10-18-2010, 04:34 PM

I have these laminate shoe shelves. Right now I am using 2, stacked on top of eachother to hold baskets of my sons nature toys (shells, stones, etc.), wooden cars, farm accessories and animals. Then another shelf is placed near his kitchen and holds a couple plastic shoe boxes of dress up stuff like glasses, and hats, and then other miscellanious things. I love that it helps keep like toys together and allows my son to easily find what he wants to play with and put away with ease.

Ma (26) to a happy boy 04.07 and due with another 01.11 ~ finally marrying my HS sweetie 02.12!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page