apartment therapy fall home cure! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 10-18-2010, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey, it's fall cure time. i've done the eight-week cure several times in the past - once on my own with the book, and twice with the online community. it's a good time! this time, though, it's a completely different format. instead of breaking it down into week-long segments with several assignments (plenty of time to procrastinate, if you ask me!), it's a 20-day blitz, one short (like 20 minute) assignment per day.

today is the first day and it's not too late to sign up! i'm super excited. is anyone else doing it?

http://cure.apartmenttherapy.com/2010/fall
#2 of 14 Old 10-18-2010, 04:22 PM

Thanks for posting! I just signed up and the 20/20 sounds very doable. I haven't done the cure in full, but have the book and pick and choose things to focus on as needed. Yesterday we painted the family room so thats the room I'm going to focus on for today.

Ma (26) to a happy boy 04.07 and due with another 01.11 ~ finally marrying my HS sweetie 02.12!
#3 of 14 Old 10-21-2010, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

have you been doing it? i FAILED yesterday! but i already had a collection of inspiration photos. i know i should add to it (online, not actual paper clutter photos) but i just didn't spend my 20 minutes doing that yesterday. boo.

i did good monday & tuesday. today is decluttering and i'm psyched for that! i love to declutter!
#4 of 14 Old 10-21-2010, 04:34 PM

Is this the one that emphasizes fresh flowers? If so, I thought that was such a wonderful idea.

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#5 of 14 Old 10-22-2010, 03:48 AM

I just signed up! I love watching the videos, inspires me to get up and do some things I haven't tried.

I love the idea of a basket for the outbox...I have kind of being doing that but just tossing stuff in a plastic bag, but it looks messy sitting on the floor, a basket will be much nicer.

SAHM to three
#6 of 14 Old 10-22-2010, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I didn't sign up, but I'm loving the videos. I think I have my first crush on a man. I heart Maxwell. I also heart Apartment Therapy.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#7 of 14 Old 10-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Banned

very cool. unfortunately, i already do the things on the list, so there's no real need to do the challenge.

the only think we don't do yet is buy flowers, but i pick wild flowers and i'm planting so that i can cut flowers across three seasons, and i'll force some winter bulbs.
#8 of 14 Old 10-22-2010, 10:52 PM

I did feel conflicted about the cut flowers one...putting aside the minefield of controversial eco-disaster issues associated with them, he said they are living, but they are not actually living really once they are cut.

I liked the idea of a gift for the home, but I would rather a living plant.

SAHM to three
#9 of 14 Old 10-25-2010, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

cee, that's very interesting. in the warmer months, i'm able to buy local, organic flowers . . . but i can pick my own, then. during the cooler part of the year, i'm not sure if i have a 'green' option. i will have to look into that more! (fwiw, i had to google ecological implications of cut flowers - i didn't even know!)
#10 of 14 Old 10-26-2010, 02:50 AM
Banned

i know, right? flowers are serious business.

but, you can also plant flowering plants indoors, or an herb box in the kitchen. my friend grows lavender and geraniums in every room of her house--so she has flowers and scent all year round, honestly. it's pretty cool. so, it's definitely do-able.
#11 of 14 Old 10-26-2010, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
i know, right? flowers are serious business.

but, you can also plant flowering plants indoors, or an herb box in the kitchen. my friend grows lavender and geraniums in every room of her house--so she has flowers and scent all year round, honestly. it's pretty cool. so, it's definitely do-able.
Oh definitely! There are so many other options for having flowers, or other plant life, rather than cut flowers from a florist.

SAHM to three
#12 of 14 Old 10-26-2010, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

there are, there are . . . but i love arranging flowers. i'm going to call around to the local florists that have their own greenhouses and see what i can find out.
#13 of 14 Old 10-27-2010, 03:21 AM
Banned

you might also be able to find organic, local growers through them, too. they'll likely be more expensive, but it can be worth it.
#14 of 14 Old 10-28-2010, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterwarrior View Post
I did feel conflicted about the cut flowers one...putting aside the minefield of controversial eco-disaster issues associated with them, he said they are living, but they are not actually living really once they are cut.

I liked the idea of a gift for the home, but I would rather a living plant.
I feel the same way about flowers. I do like having cuttings in water, though. Like golden pothos, sweet potato or even mint etc. There are places where I don't like to have potted plants, or I'd like to change out often.

I'm no decorator, but I think they function like fresh flowers.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page