economy hepa vacuum suggestions please - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-28-2010, 02:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have a really old vacuum, no hepa filter, and I keep reading that a good way to cut down on household dust and pollutants in household dust is to vacuum often with a hepa filter vacuum. I've heard great things about miele brand, but we really only have 1 and a half rooms with carpet and the cost of a miele seems so high. Does anyone know of a cheap or at least moderately priced hepa vacuum that works well? Thank you for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 10-28-2010, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
my parents have the bissel lift off which is heavy but works well. I am looking at the bissell prolite.

I bought a dyson, but am unimpressed.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#3 of 4 Old 10-30-2010, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

thank you for the suggestion. Has anyone tried the bisell pro lite? I may end up buying a miele as the review are so great and I like that it is a "sealed system". allergies are an issue for us too. That said there are still 20 different models to choose from...
#4 of 4 Old 11-11-2010, 10:25 AM

I have a Kenmore canister vac, I love it. Worth the $$. Got it at Sears, get the warranty, etc. We have 80% harwood floors, so I rarely use the carpet head. My mom still has her two kenmore canister vacs. One is 30 yrs old, still works, she uses it in the basement. Her other one is 15 years old and still going... granted that was before HEPA. Mine is newer of course.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page