Best place for photo books? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-30-2010, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Growing up, my mother had a photo box - not a neatly organized box like you can now buy for photos ut a huge cardboard box full of photos thrown in. I inherited a large portion of this. I vowed to do better for my kids. It felt like a massive job, all o fthe old family photos, plus the photos of our kids rom our SLR and now our D-SLR (although those are at least on the computer). I'm slowly working on scanning the old ones in and editing all of them. My plan is to make photobooks of the best and burn copies to put in the safety deposit box and maybe backup somewhere else.

I recently had a couple of really good coupon codes and worked to get a couple of photobooks made, but I'm notthrilled ith the quality. I made one for my ILs a couple of years ago and it was much better (but I can't remember what company I made it with). What are your favorite places to order photobooks from? Why? Ease of use? Quality? Other special features?

Do you have a good place to back up photos?

If there was ever a fire or other disaster and we lost everything in our house (barring my family), the only thing I would care about are our family photos. I'd like to have back-up copies in different places.

I want the photobooks so we can enjoy the pictures rather than just having them take up space.

I'm also considering getting a digital frame so we can view other photos. Any recommendations?

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-30-2010, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You seem to be on the right track I too always thought of compiling family Photos and making additional copies to put in a Saftey Deposit Box. Your other idea of the photobook sounds great.

Worlds Best Mom

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page