Mothering Forum banner

november small projects?

833 views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  OkiMom 
#1 ·
october big projects . . . yeah that was a bust for me. i listed four, and accomplished half of two of them.

however, i am all about SMALL projects! i accomplished several little things this weekend, and if i could get, say, 10 more done in the remaining 20ish days before thanksgiving, that would be freaking amazing.

1. finish decluttering and organizing kitchen cupboards
2. clean out fridge and freezer
3. round up all our winter things (boots, hats, mittens, etc); declutter; restock if needed; place in back entry (find basket or bag to hold them)
4. get dining room set up for hosting (need to temporarily reposition table so there is room to put in a leaf or two)
5. swish and swipe is all good, but bathroom needs a deep clean

6. finish cleaning out the former playroom (my future bedroom! someday! when we stop cosleeping . . . it is going to be amazing to have my own room)
7. finish cleaning/organizing library
8. paint mailbox
9. caulk windows
10. find a wreath for the front door

anyone care to join me? small projects can make a big difference!

See less See more
#2 ·
1. Get 2 pair of pants hemmed.
2. paint chalkboard paint on door.
3. photograph and sell maternity clothes - Goal - out by Christmas! Give away what doesn't sell.
4. Get caught up on my personal 1 UFO/week challenge. Currently running 4 weeks behind in week 20.

#4 ·
I'll join you(hopefully
)
1.Finish getting the backyard cleaned up/ready for winter
2.Clear space at the bottom of the basement stairs and set up trampoline
3.Wash out the fridge
4. Fill holes around the coach house
5.Go through hats,mittens,etc.
6.Create a plan for the basement
7.Get back to making Christmas presents
8.Clean out homeschool co-op box
9.Remind my husband to ask his friend to help him install the dishwasher
10.Remake duvet cover.
11.Thank you notes out

#5 ·
Ooooh good - lots of things to do before the cold really sets it.

1. Replace the pain of glass that the goat broke (currently, the hole is covered with a bit of cardboard, tacked into place)
2. Move dd`s dresser into the family closet/changing room
3. Move the plastic drawers to the family closet/changing room and fill them with sweaters
4. Move the office furniture enough that we can install the woodstove
5. Staple insulation on the house side of the storm shutters
6. Deep clean the upstairs bedroom
7. Move futons `n` stuff to the upstairs bedroom
8. Vastly improve the winter coat and boot storing system
9. Hang up laundry pole in the veranda
10. Hook up the woodstove in the hopefully-soon-to-be-completed decluttered pile-of-crap-storage-room that is almost a new family room

That would be a great start!

#6 ·
I don't know how much is going to get done this month. In the next week we have 3 birthdays, then its my In-Laws anniversary, Thanksgiving and DH/mine anniversary. What I need to accomplish:
-Holiday/other sewing: diaper bag, girls Christmas dresses, my Christmas dress, 13 journals (never got them done last month), 6 framed photos. Done: ribbon blankets, lap blanket, 2 journals, SILs birthday present
-need to take family pictures for the Christmas cards
-need to get addresses for cards.
- need to write out cards, address, stamp etc.
-patch holes in the walls from where the TV was mounted
- sort through old clothes and organize by size so I can take them to the swap the 20th.

There is more but with how busy its going to be and DH leaving us for a week to go do something (I don't' know what, I don't ask about work trips anymore) I figure if I get this done Ill be lucky.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rere View Post
I'll join you(hopefully
)
1.Finish getting the backyard cleaned up/ready for winter
Ok,got everything in the shed that needs to go in the shed,cut down everything that's going to get cut down.The only thing I really have left to do is get rid of a giant pile of dead morning glory vines that I cut down.Not really sure what to do with it though.

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallabi View Post
Ooooh good - lots of things to do before the cold really sets it.

2. Move dd`s dresser into the family closet/changing room
3. Move the plastic drawers to the family closet/changing room and fill them with sweaters
4. Move the office furniture enough that we can install the woodstove

Two through four done today, with some of the sweaters moved from musty storage to the washing machine

But man oh man is it cold tonight - can`t wait to get the woodstoves actually installed!

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by rere View Post

I'll join you(hopefully
)

5.Go through hats,mittens,etc.

7.Get back to making Christmas presents

9.Remind my husband to ask his friend to help him install the dishwasher
Went through the hats and mittens an put away the summer hats.

Stuffed a giant plush doughnut(Christmas present).

Gonna have to take the whole dishwasher thing off my list because I forgot that my husband is leaving,for 2 weeks,on Friday.

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellien C View Post

3. photograph and sell maternity clothes - Goal - out by Christmas! Give away what doesn't sell.
4. Get caught up on my personal 1 UFO/week challenge. Currently running 4 weeks behind in week 20.
1. One pair of pants is getting hemmed. All I needed to do was drop them at the tailor.

2. Not caught up yet - but I've actually finished 19 projects in the past 23 weeks - so I guess I should celebrate.

3. Also adding - and has been completed - go through DS clothes and weed out what doesn't fit. Re-organize his closet - DONE!

#13 ·
The birthday week is offically over! DD2's 2nd birthday was today and now theres no more birthday celebrations (at least at my house, in-laws/family doesn't count since we aren't there to help them celebrate) until January. Yay! Now I can start working on my list!.

#14 ·
Quote:

Quote:

1. One pair of pants is getting hemmed. All I needed to do was drop them at the tailor.

2. Not caught up yet - but I've actually finished 19 projects in the past 23 weeks - so I guess I should celebrate.

3. Also adding - and has been completed - go through DS clothes and weed out what doesn't fit. Re-organize his closet - DONE!
I keep adding to my list - painted a chair that had been in the garage for awhile (over a year?) and brought it up to the computer. I kind of hate it but it matches the decor better. Existing chair went to hubby's new "man room" which was a big project for October. (His desk was disassembled in the basement for a few months to make room for baby).

#15 ·
Im going to work on my projects today since Im feeling a little better. Only thing I have done so far is I picked up a couple boxes of Christmas cards (snowmen YAY! I love snowmen) now I need to e-mail people and get updated addresses. Today my goal is to get everything cut out, that takes a LONG time to do. DH might be able to take some time off next week (he hasn't taken leave since last year) so it will give me time to get some stuff done and hopefully catch up on what I need to get done. Hopefully.

#16 ·
i'm feeling so pathetic. this weekend, i cleaned out the fridge and freezer. i worked on the cupboards but didn't *finish*. i rearranged the dining room. not on my list but a big win - i frosted the bathroom window, which has been on my to-do list for about two years, lol.

my children were just sooooooooooo uncooperative! they didn't want to play outside in the snow, so they were finding mischief and making terrible messes all weekend. :( it really slowed down my progress.

this week, i'm hoping to finish the kitchen cabinets, and work on the library. oh and deep clean the bathroom, seriously, how hard is that? not hard!

i will save the playroom and caulking for the weekend. then next week my job will be to find a wreath for our door or make one during my days off for thanksgiving.

it has become too cold to paint the mailbox, i believe.

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallabi View Post

6. Deep clean the upstairs bedroom
7. Move futons `n` stuff to the upstairs bedroom
8. Vastly improve the winter coat and boot storing system
9. Hang up laundry pole in the veranda
10. Hook up the woodstove in the hopefully-soon-to-be-completed decluttered pile-of-crap-storage-room that is almost a new family room
No. 9, the easiest item on the list, done! Laundry pole hung and now hosting laundry.

I have started on cleaning the upstairs bedroom, and bought the woodstove for project number 10 (I was cleaning the rusty one I had planned on putting in and the whole chimney assembly came off - eek!) - hopefully I will finish the cleaning today.

#18 ·
The first pair of pants has been picked up and the second pair is getting hemmed. This help HUGELY because I'm 8 months postpartum and I don't fit any of my clothes. Have not caught up on my 1 UFO/Week challenge and am now further behind - I think 5 weeks!

Took the car in for servicing/inspection and still need to get to DMV to renew license and update registration. Can that count? Went to the dentist to SEE about starting procedure to remove tooth and get an implant. OK- maybe not projects - but things on my to do list.

#19 ·
Its closing in on the end of the month! Hows everyone doing on their projects? I haven't even come close to completing a bunch of them. Heres to hoping I get something done this week.

#20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledutch View Post

1. finish decluttering and organizing kitchen cupboards DONE (just the decluttering and not the organizing!)
2. clean out fridge and freezer DONE
3. round up all our winter things (boots, hats, mittens, etc); declutter; restock if needed; place in back entry (find basket or bag to hold them)
4. get dining room set up for hosting (need to temporarily reposition table so there is room to put in a leaf or two) DONE
5. swish and swipe is all good, but bathroom needs a deep clean
DONE
6. finish cleaning out the former playroom (my future bedroom! someday! when we stop cosleeping . . . it is going to be amazing to have my own room)
7. finish cleaning/organizing library
8. paint mailbox POSTPONED UNTIL SPRING WEATHER
9. caulk windows CANCELLED - CAULK IS NASTY STINKY STUFF
10. find a wreath for the front door DONE
okay . . . so i have some work to do yet in the kitchen (although it's mostly done - it's just these four skinny stupid drawers i don't know what to do with, and two high upper cabinets i don't access often). i couldn't really find too much in the way of winter things, so i bought the boys each a pair of waterproof gloves/mittens, and put the hats on the shelf, and i think this job is mostly done? playroom and library are still in need of my attention. mailbox, it's too cold to paint. windows, the seal and peel stuff is stinky, at least what i could find, so i'm just going to put up the plastic and call that good. wreath, tada, i made a cool one.

however, i did accomplish some other cool things this weekend!

1. replaced thermostat so i can now leave my furnace on without the house reaching a million degrees after a few hours (otherwise i had to turn it off, and it's getting too cold for that)

2. learned how to use my snowblower after shoveling my 50 ft driveway twice in a couple of days, this was high priority!

3. i did some other general cleaning and organizing . . . it feels good.

#21 ·
Im almost done with the girls and my dresses but they won't be done by the end of today (its the 30th over here). I did finish the sock monkey for DD2's stocking, but that wasn't on my list. I wrapped what gifts I have already made for family as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.