help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-22-2010, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I just moved in Aug. its a pretty nice size place(1500sqft plus basement and playroom and pantry). 4 bedrooms nice basement nice kitchen. I love my place... with that said I am overwhelmed!!! I'm still not even 50% unpacked I'm constantly cleaning up something or another i don't even know what to do at this point. how do you get started when your completely overwhelmed. I have 4 boys (15,12,6, and 3) and I'm pregnant again. my 6 year old has autism and I work nights. any advice on were to start? nut.gif i just feel like a failure

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 11-22-2010, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Put your older ones in charge of something. Make them help; they are just as much a part of the family!

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#3 of 4 Old 11-22-2010, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl2 View Post

Put your older ones in charge of something. Make them elp; they are just as much a part of the family!

we do have chores and such they each need to do but mostly maintenance stuff like kitchen and dinning room after dinner. my 15yo does his own laundry. and my wonderhubby does help too, I'm just still behind. 

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#4 of 4 Old 11-22-2010, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Some kiddos with Autism are very capable of doing chores, in fact many often they are more careful and sure to get it done.  They need to know what is expected of them, how to do it, when it should be done.

As to how do you do it...one box at a time.  10 or 15 minutes at a time is MUCH less overwhelming.  If you make yourself do one or two boxes per day it will be done quickly!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page