Please help me with time management!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-23-2010, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HI,

I am a disorganized person by nature and now that my son is 2 I am feeling like my life is in chaos and anxious all the time.

I feel that I spend a lot of my day literally running from one task to the next and not having enough quality time with my son.

We do go to the park or an outing at least once a day but when I am at home I am constantly trying to do things to get through the day and then feel bad I don't play as much with my son.

In addition, I am exhausted all the time and feeling like I have no patience lately and get upset easily.

My son still nurses at night a lot and I am very sleep deprived :-(

Food preparation is a big issue. I am spent by the end of the day and just want to eat and sleep myself so I end up cooking either when my son is awake (which is impossible and aggravating to me) or when he naps so I don't get a brake at all!!!

Partly I think we need to have more of a structure to our days-more routines so that I could feel more relaxed and have more time with my son and to myself but I am sooo exhausted I don't even know where to begin...

I also feel like I need to Night wean him but it seems like such a big project!!!

Sorry I am all over the place!

Thanks for listening ;-)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 11-23-2010, 10:17 PM

Hi Debobu, I think that structure/routine and a rhythm to your day would definitely help you.

To get into a routine, you could try things like Flylady or Motivated Moms. Personally I prefer the latter, as I found Flylady overwhelming, but she has some great ideas I still use, and I know many swear by Flylady.

I have heard someone (I think it was Zoebird?) talk about how having a rhythm helps..so maybe she could help you out there.

I agree with you that night weaning is a must. A two year old needs their sleep too! So it would help both of you get more sleep...and at that age he has no nutritional need to be fed all through the night, it is just interrupting his sleep. Once you wean him you will find a lot more energy will return, so you will feel more in control.

You also are showing signs of depression, which may just be due to lack of sleep, so if you can wean him, get more sleep, then the impatience and tears should soon be a thing of the past.

Good luck! hug.gif

SAHM to three
#3 of 5 Old 11-24-2010, 07:41 AM

I'm right there with you! I have a 14 month old, and the sleep deprivation is really taking a toll on me. I can't focus, so getting things done is more challenging. I'm impressed that you manage to gete out every day. We get out to the bus stop and talk with our neighbors, but other than that, we are homebodies. Night-weaning is on my list. Once I have enough energy and LO doesn't have a cold... which just isn't happening.

I'm pretty sure I found a professional organizer to help me. I haven't emailed her yet, but she is very reasonable, and I recently made some money at a consignment sale. I am thinking I'll use it to get her help. I think if I didn't have to figure out where to put everything when I am cleaning, I'd be faster at it.

Here is a thread that might hwlp:

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1256818/how-do-you-keep-your-house-clean-what-is-your-routine-trying-to-declutter-and-find-a-routine-with-2-small-kids

Mom to: Honey (6/04) and Bunny (9/09)
#4 of 5 Old 11-24-2010, 03:59 PM

I was completely unable to keep up with anything in a way that made me feel good til we nightweaned at 25 months. I'm so glad I did it then - a few months later would have been much harder because my son's ability to argue back got so skilled so fast. If you're leaning that way, I think you should put all your organizational skills to work in that area, really think it through, and if you decide it's right for you, just. do. that. Let everything else slide, let your house fall apart, wear pjs all day, but nightwean. I suggest leaving this board for the moment, and head on over to nighttime parenting for nightweaning discussions. Good luck! Anything is possible when you're getting enough sleep!

Mom of one child (2008), wife of one husband, tender of dogs, cats and chickens. Household interests: ocean life (kid), bitcoins (husband), simplifying (me).

#5 of 5 Old 11-24-2010, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the replies and advice!

Yes, I definitely need to night wean....It just seems like a huge project but you are all right, I need to ficus on that and I will hopefully have more energy!

Thanks! :-)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page