But we know they are lurking. This is what works for me:
2x a year, usually right after the holidays and again, mid summer, I do what I call the dirty cleaning:
1. Pull out stove, wipe down floor, all over stove, clean out drawer and clean inside stove
2. Pull out frig, throw out all old food, wipe down shelves, wipe under frig, clean off fan on back (de-dust), wipe down outside
3. Pull out washer/dryer- remove vent and clean out lint, wipe down floor, wipe down outside, clean the seal on the washer. Run vinegar in load of whites to deyuckify (yes, this a word)
4. Windows- outside...luckily, I have always had the easy fold in ones. You will be surprised at how much brighter and happier your home feels.
5. Carpets cleaned. I do this before the holidays and in early spring.
6. Take down window coverings, wash, iron, dedustify shades or blinds if you have them. Wipe down casings around windows.
I simply have hubby pull everything out for me in the morning and push it back when I am done. I set aside one weekend to do all of this. It works for me and I feel cleaner and more organized, in a weird way. : )
4x a year:
1. AC/Heat vents and don't forget to change that filter. I just pull up my register and vacuum them out.
2. Touch up paint. I keep mine on a shelf in the garage by the door. With a little paint brush, I can knock out oopsies and owies to walls in a jiffy. : )
This is for those big jobs everyone hates to do but these are the things that I feel make my house look in top shape thoughout the year.
I pull out my frig way more than that. With teenagers who spill drinks etc and don't always get the run behinds cleaned up. I'd say every other month. Also on my stove if you pull the bottom drawer out you can clean the floor under it. I am not so great at cleaning the washer and dryer. We just relocated both of those a few months ago so I'm ok right now lol. my windows are a PAIN on the second floor. They aren't the tip in kind. It requires 20ft ladders etc. Those have been cleaned maybe once. Main level twice a yr. We don't have much carpet, primarily hardwood so don't have that worry.
|46 members and 21,583 guests|
|Choochoo52812 , crazyms , Deborah , girlspn , happymamasallie , hillymum , imagine21 , Iron Princess , iryna.prokh , Jacquelinah , JElaineB , Kari Michalski , Katherine73 , kathymuggle , Kelleybug , Lee Barbarich , lilmissgiggles , LouiseCD , mamasings , manyhatsmom , marsupial-mom , MeanVeggie , Michele123 , Mirzam , mkat , NaturallyKait , newmamalizzy , oaksie68 , perspective , RollerCoasterMama , rubelin , SchoolmarmDE , sciencemum , shantimama , Socks , Springshowers , sren , stephalittle , stephaniepifer , SweetSilver , TheBugsMomma , thefragile7393 , valerievalira , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|