New Year's Rush (December Challenge) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 12-19-2010, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I need to join! I live in a very small one room apartment and since baby boy arrived it's become more cluttered then I'd like. I feel like I'm always decluttering and getting rid of stuff though. In fact just 2 weeks ago my friend took a big garbage bag of clothes,a box of stuff and a bag of music CD's from me and dropped them off at goodwill. I'm pretty much down to the bare minimum of stuff so I don't know what else to get rid of.

I need to:

-organize cloth diapers better

-go through baby clothes and take bigger stuff out of closet and out in dresser (my 3 month old wearing some 6,9 and even 12 month clothes all ready)

-go through my bathroom stuff and get rid of more bath and body stuff

-organize papers in my desk

-sweep and mop

-wash sheets and mattress cover

-do a big grocery shop with a friend

#32 of 45 Old 12-19-2010, 05:40 PM

The kitchen is done! joy.gif  We cleaned every nook and cranny and all the appliances and counters and table and chairs and floor, including the baseboards and fridge coils. It is decorated now, too.

I also got further along in the living room by vacuuming the recliner and ottoman and the floor. The room is partially decorated.

The foyer and halfway up the stairs are vacuumed now.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#33 of 45 Old 12-19-2010, 05:44 PM

Oh, we've all been chipping away at the family office mess...

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#34 of 45 Old 12-19-2010, 06:25 PM

Great progress ladies!

#35 of 45 Old 12-20-2010, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyantavid View Post

I haven't been back to this thread since my first post because...I haven't done anything.  We're set to make the big move next weekend, once dh's done with finals. 

So my list:

swap rooms

shampoo carpets

get baby monitor

It's not much and I can't wait to get started, but the whole project seems a little daunting right now.  We're so busy!  But I know I'll feel better once this is done.

Done!  Well I didn't get the baby monitor, but we've done fine without it so I might not get it at all.  But its so nice to be completely finished, the house is spotless and we have a huge dinner happening on Christmas so this was the perfect time!

#36 of 45 Old 12-20-2010, 11:53 AM

Been doing laundry for days....  Took the time to help DD reorganize her drawers. I also went through my own and gave away a few items. Now we have room for any potential new gifts... winky.gif

Last night we finished decorating the tree and house. We critically evaluated each item before putting it on the tree or out around the house. We discovered none of us cared about half a dozen items, so we put those in the charity pile. We put away most of the empty boxes and such, but left a small pile due to time. Also, still deciding on a few house decorations. On the agenda for today....

#37 of 45 Old 12-20-2010, 09:15 PM

We hung family art (10 pieces total: 6 DD, 2 DH, 2 mine) on the massive blank wall in the kitchen and recycled 15 other pieces. Divided the remainder into two portfolios and put them away. Cleaned the microwave, too, which I had forgotten all about yesterday. Technically, NOW the kitchen is finished!

The living room is dusted and vacuumed and picked up and decorated. So are the hall closet, foyer, stairs, laundry room, and powder room. I still have to vacuum the love seat tomorrow morning. We'll have company tomorrow afternoon/evening, but he isn't staying with us so everything is ready for that visit.

#38 of 45 Old 12-21-2010, 12:53 PM

This is really last minute, but I'm in.  I would love to:

1. clear out unused, useless objects in my kitchen.  We have a tiny apartment and I just can't enjoy cooking when I'm smothered.
  2. clear out and get rid of our old, dead car.  It sounds ridiculous, but it took purchasing a replacement vehicle, many months later, to get us motivated.
  3. pare down my excess crafting materials, most of which is yarn.  It's swallowing up my space for new crafts.
  4. clear out unused winter attire. I receive so many second-hands from my sister-in-law that I can't fit the clothes in the closet anymore.
  5. straighten up our computer area.  It usually gets ignored because it's in a hutch. Close the doors and it's out of mind, but you can't function as is.

I think that is enough to keep me thoroughly occupied from now until the 31st.

#39 of 45 Old 12-21-2010, 01:03 PM

I have so much that needs to be done since we just moved this month.

*finish unpacking my room so i can actually sleep in there

*go thru and organize the box of stuff in the bathroom

*go thru the boys toys (didn't realize they had so much)

*finish both quilts for both boys for xmas (guess i will be doing this these last few days before xmas)

These are the immediate ones...but believe me there is so much more i need to work on. lol :)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" --Leonardo Da Vinci
 blogging.jpg  780/2014 decluttered

#40 of 45 Old 12-21-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterwarrior View Post

I'll play...

1. Clear out the dining room, it's full of stuff that doesn't belong there.

2. Organise the spare room (make a start anyway)

Well I still haven't done mine... blush.gif

I will make a start today. Sheepish.gif

Well I made a start!  I got rid of a few things out of the dining room, not sure why it took me so long in the first place to just pick them up and move them....

But DH still hasn't moved the computer boxes out of there...which are too heavy for me to move. irked.gif

SAHM to three
#41 of 45 Old 12-22-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledutch View Post

oh gawd.  everything on my october and november lists that i didn't finish (which is almost everything on those lists!)

really:

clean out / organize / deep clean library and get it set up nicely

same as that, but the old toy room, future bedroom

organize the new toy space

put up window plastic

a bit of tidying up in the basement, doesn't have to be perfect, but good enough to mop the floors

i also have been doing a godzilla amount of decluttering, but have not removed the items from my home yet.  so, big goal: get all of that stuff packed up and out the door, and most importantly, added to my 2010 in 2010 tally!  yeehaw!

i've been on vacation, but that is no excuse - i've done none of this!!!

hmm, looks like i will be a busy girl on new year's eve . . . :p

#42 of 45 Old 12-22-2010, 05:14 PM

Im going to try to work on some of the stuff today.. but DH is home for the day so who knows what I might get done.. We don't get much time together so its hard to concentrate on things when he is home.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#43 of 45 Old 12-23-2010, 03:28 PM

Today I got rid of a small bag of baby clothes and I'm hoping that Sunday or Monday a woman who answered my ad on CL will stop buy and pick up the pack n play and a play mat and maybe another bag of clothes. I did also just find a nice spot in the cupboard for all my food processor parts too! Still a whole to do before the New Year!

#44 of 45 Old 12-25-2010, 02:40 PM

I still haven't worked on anything this week! Christmas was yesterday and we also neatened the entire apartment while we were putting away everyone's Christmas presents (yay! Im probably one of the few that has a clean apartment even after having kids open and play with their presents!) so today Im concentrating on doing my to-do list as much as possible. I got two sick kids and a sick husband so we shall see how much I get done.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#45 of 45 Old 12-28-2010, 08:37 AM

So, got my list finished a week or so ago and once I took down the Christmas decorations, I did a few more things.  I have a big box of stuff to put on craigslist, the playroom got rearranged again to accomodate the new stuff they got and dh and I decluttered and rearranged the computer room, living room and kitchen.

I do have a few things left that I want to do, get new curtains up in the bedrooms and playroom, hang some pictures in the bedroom and do something with this buffalo hide dh can't part with.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page