Any serious minimalists on here? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 101 Old 05-21-2011, 06:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Zoebird- that sound absolutely delightful. : )

Seawitch- where in TN are you going?  Maybe some time away will give you a new perspective. : )

#92 of 101 Old 05-21-2011, 12:14 PM

Zoebird, I can't wait to see pictures,  it sound so amazing!

Regarding seasonal decorations; we have one shoebox of tree ornaments and there is a wool stocking for DD in the box too. Then a set of white lights and a tree holder -thingy for the christmas tree. 

For easter I have 6 real painted eggshells. We didn't even take them out this year, so I might give them to my sister's family who do lots more decorating and have a bunch of those eggshells already.

Like Zoebird, I also prefer to use found and picked stuff from nature to decorate with when wanted. Free, and easily recycled :)

I've been looking at a house, 47 m2 or about 500 sf, tiny house from 1939.It has a separate sauna building in the yard, and a storage shed. The attic could be opened to make a sleeping loft. It's really cute and it's built with logs.. The location is great,  I guess about 20 minute walking distance from the ocean, the city center, and my sister's family too. (It would  be seriously perfect if it were closer to the beach though.) It's cheap because it's so tiny, and needs some renovation, but it has building permit for lots more actually, so it might be better to sell off a portion of the yard.

But we just moved TWICE in the last six months and since the last apartment was a mistake I am now afraid to make any suggestions to DH. I think we need to live here for a year at least until we can think about moving hehe. 

So I'm just looking, and maybe in about one year the absolute perfect tiny house by the beach pops up for sale. :D

#93 of 101 Old 05-21-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post

Anyone want to make this a finding your tribe thread?

yes!

MiniMum and accountclosed15 like this.
#94 of 101 Old 05-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Banned

Well, according to kiwis, it's the only way to get rid of mice. We've been trapping for months, and still have mice in this place. And trust me, I keep it clean around here. No getting into the trash, sweeping up crumbs, all foods kept in glass jars (if not in the fridge). So, yeah, it's kind of annoying.

The only advice I got was "it wasn't until I got a cat that the mice went away." so, we are looking for a mouser.

I found a white persian spayed female who is 5 years old that the woman is looking to rehome (for about $100 -- the same as adopting here). She's apparently good with kids, too, and quite a good mouser -- which is the criteria. So, I emailed her to see if we can take DH through the times to see if he has a strong reaction to her. 

I'm not fond of persians (i think they look either pissed off or stupid), but hey, I am more fond of persians than mice.

I'll be going out there today/tomorrow, so I'll measure from the outside.

#95 of 101 Old 05-21-2011, 04:24 PM

We're going to be looking in the Smoky Mountain region of Eastern TN - but other than that, we have no clue where to start looking! We're on the way now, in a hotel in Kansas, waiting out the tornado warnings going on. Geesh. I'll be on here more once the kids get settled in - that and I take a nice long swim by MYSELF, oh the joy. I can hardly imagine. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

coolshine.gif
#96 of 101 Old 05-22-2011, 05:33 AM

Are we still allowed to post our own blog addresses on here? I don't remember. It's not advertising anything. I made a blog for our trip; it's at http://pegasusadventures.blogspot.com/ . innocent.gif

coolshine.gif
#97 of 101 Old 05-22-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

yes!

Done! http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1314165/mimimalist-mamas#post_16459193

blogging.jpg 
#98 of 101 Old 05-23-2011, 09:05 AM

YAY!! Just posted over there!!

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

#99 of 101 Old 05-29-2011, 07:35 AM

I am as extreme a minimalist as having a family with 6 other (non-minimalist) people will allow. Which is not enough for me, comfortable enough for them and is pretty extreme to most people who come to my house.

Minimal furniture throughout the house, and kitchen tools are used on a daily basis. I like and use everything in my house, but am not attached to much. The only things I would save from my house would be my pictures, my kids baby clothes quilt, and the braided rug I am making from our old clothes.

I would love even less stuff in my house, but am comfortable enough with how things are right now. There is no clutter, there's a place for everything and plenty of open/clear space. Once the kids move out, though...that will be a different story! :)

#100 of 101 Old 06-03-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

Well, according to kiwis, it's the only way to get rid of mice. We've been trapping for months, and still have mice in this place. And trust me, I keep it clean around here. No getting into the trash, sweeping up crumbs, all foods kept in glass jars (if not in the fridge). So, yeah, it's kind of annoying.

The only advice I got was "it wasn't until I got a cat that the mice went away." so, we are looking for a mouser.

I found a white persian spayed female who is 5 years old that the woman is looking to rehome (for about $100 -- the same as adopting here). She's apparently good with kids, too, and quite a good mouser -- which is the criteria. So, I emailed her to see if we can take DH through the times to see if he has a strong reaction to her. 

I'm not fond of persians (i think they look either pissed off or stupid), but hey, I am more fond of persians than mice.

I'll be going out there today/tomorrow, so I'll measure from the outside.

If you haven't got the cat yet, you should know that it might not matter if the cat can catch mice (other than saving on food bills). When we moved into our old house, the neighbors (no cats) warned us that the area gets mice every winter and the previous owner (no pets) had mentioned getting mice too. We came in with two cats and never saw a hint of a mouse.

#101 of 101 Old 06-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Banned

no cat and no mice yet. here's hoping!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page