Mothering Forum banner

2011 in 2011

45K views 2K replies 105 participants last post by  PoetryLover 
#1 ·
I know it's a few days early but I am getting a head start on my 2011 purge. I just moved and am still unpacking and realizing how much stuff i really have. My kids have SOOOO much stuff it's unreal.

Anyone care to join me a few days early?

1. small box of baby toys

2. baby activity table

3. playpen

4. bag of small broken toys

5. old washer

6. old dryer

7. old refrigerator

#52 ·
1 old maternity tank top

2 more boxes

2 small plastic toys

1 badly damaged poster

1 forgotten Christmas present given to intended recipient

1 powerstrip taken out to garage for my woodworking toys

117/2011

#54 ·
I'll join in from the beginning this time - I just squeaked in the 2010 goal with 2013 items and I have lots more stuff to clear out in 2011 plus I'd like to keep up the no clutter policy. I already have a pile of things slotted to go to goodwill and more to sort through. I'll start counting tomorrow.
thumb.gif

#55 ·
1 popped bath pillow

1 mismatched shoe that the mate went out in the trash a while back when I couldn't find it

119/2011

#56 ·
2011 sounds like a lot, but I think I might be surprised just how much I need to get rid of. I already started making a pile of stuff that I can donate and another for sale. I will start counting when I have time and the new year is official :)

#58 ·
Off I go....

donated:

2 sports bags

1 wardrobe tidy

2 books

1 calendar

3 reusable bags

1 suit bag

1 pair child's boots

2 child's cardigans

binned:

1 bag rubbish

1 broken basket

2 torn vacuum storage bags

recycled:

3 big piles cardboard

1 torn giftbag

2 bags papers

7 un-needed product manuals

1 old folder

rehomed:

1 futon base

1 bedrail

1 book

2 pendants

36/2011

#60 ·
stuffed toy DS no longer wants

papercraft magazine

lots of paper clutter from fridge

3 fridge magnets

2010 calendar

big bunch of xmas cards we received now recycled, only keeping a couple from family.

homework book from when my oldest daughter was in Year 2 back in 1999!!

4 old magazine supplements

pile of paper bits and pieces, recipes, etc

8 old magazines

34/2011

#61 ·
A few more...

Donated:

1 audio book

1 book

1 picture frame

3 pillow cases

1 pillow protector

5 ornaments

2 flower holders

1 candle holder

1 pattern book

1 towel

1 skipping rope

Recycled:

1 pile papers

2 old books

Binned:

3 old Christmas decorations

11 odd socks

1 odd slipper

36+36=72/2011
smile.gif

#62 ·
I'm in. I was no where near the 2010 in 2010 goal, but it did make some progress last year. I still haven't moved all my stuff from my parents house from my move last July. Mostly because I'm waiting on some storage units to be built and all the stuff there is in a storage pod while my parents are remodeling their house.

I still have plenty of stuff to go through at my house though.

Mental note: 2011/365 = 5.5 items per day, 11 items every other day, 35.5 per week, and 165 items per month.

#63 ·
I'm joining also. I completed the 2010 in 2010 with a few weeks to go, so I started counting on the 20th or 21st. I'm going from 12/20 to 12/20. I'll post my list in a bit, but I have to get some laundry completed today.

#64 ·
I'm behind in our Motivated Moms Checklist, so I am playing a bit of catch up. Luckily, one of the tasks was to organize the master bedroom closet and I eliminated the following:

2 empty shoeboxes

2 vintage dresses (this hurts)

running shorts

tank top

black shirt

2 pairs of PJs

bathing suit

7 homeless socks

biking shorts

fishnet knee highs (any idea why I'd ever HAVE these?!)

8 pairs of underwear

1 set of lingerie

bringing my total to 30/2011

#67 ·
OK! I woke up before DS this morning so I decluttered the floor of my closet. Great start to the New Year to have a clean closet floor!

35 old bras and underwear tossed.

9 gently used bras to donate (Not sure if they take them but I can't bring myself to throw them away!)

2 nursing bras to consignment store

1 grocery cart cover to donate

1 lone mitten tossed

48/2011

ETA:

20 expired medicines/ bathroom stuff

4 items returned to stores

72/2011

ETA:

4 tank tops, upcycled into scrubby dishcloths

1 huge bag of baby clothes, given to a friend, I'll count as 1 though since technically I decluttered the items awhile ago, just needed to get them out of the house!

1 DVD set, donated

3 candlesticks, donated

1 set of coasters, donated

Other misc. donated items (I'll just count as 5)

87/2011

#68 ·
I went thru my kitchen cabinets and had 2 bags of old food that I tossed.

*3 annoying toys

My next plan of action, the shed outside. The people that lived here before me filled the shed with bags of garbage. So that is all going to the dump next week. Off to tackle the kids room....oh joy

#69 ·
Grabbed my husband and we tackled more of our closet together.

-stuffed animal

-pkg of post-maternity underwear
shrug.gif

-1 maternity shirt (to sell)

-10 t-shirts (womens)

-1 button down men's shirt

-3 hats

-1 pair of earbuds

-old drivers license

-microphone headset

-lock w/ no key

-old movie rental card

-lens cleaning cloth

-empty shoebox

-hoddie

-maternity dress

-tunic dress

-5 blouses

-sweater

-3 quarter-length sleeve tops

-5 shirts

-lightweight jacket

-2 button up shirts

-women's hoodie

-vintage top

-genie pants

-sweat pants

77/2011

#73 ·
Count me in for this challenge! I announced last night at our New Year's Eve party that I was taking on a "2011 items in 2011" decluttering challenge as my New Year's Resolution, and my husband got all upset 'cause he assumed that I was going to be getting rid of 2000 of HIS things and 11 of mine. :) Can you tell which of us is the hoarder???

#74 ·
trashed-1 set of rubber clog decorations...nobody in this house wears rubber clogs in the first place!

120/2011

#75 ·
I'm in! The holidays gave me an excuse to slack off on my 150 before Christmas, but it's new year and time for a fresh start. Just got back from my parents' house where we had Christmas #2 so I am currently going through all of DS' clothes and toys. Will be back later to post!

#76 ·
donated

8 board games (now they all fit on one shelf!!!!)

1 combined "Star Wars legos" with "regular legos" recycled empty box

1 combined box of playdough supplies with the rest of playdough recycled empty box

1 random set of papers from october, some recycled, some burned

131/2011

Gotta talk to DD about Barbies. She's 12 and I haven't seen her play with them for 2 years, they can probably go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.