Yoga ball - keep? donate? aack. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-05-2011, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I moved everything we want to sell to my office in the hopes that it would drive me insane and I would sell it faster.

I also moved the huge yoga ball here to get it out of the way when we hosted potluck on NYE.  Now, it really has no home.  It roams around the house, rolling this way and that way, irritating me but also being nice to sit on and I use it to exercise on occasion.

But it's huge...  and it has not home.  And I'm not sure we use it enough to justify keeping it. 

So, if you have one, where to you keep it and how do you keep it in one spot?

And if you think I should get rid of it, why?

I'm really torn.

#2 of 8 Old 01-05-2011, 08:54 PM

Thinking about this very issue just today--only I don't have the ball yet. I'd like to get one, but I don't know where I'd put it either. Of course, my dd would probably play with it so it would migrate through the house...

I think you should keep it, since it sounds like you do use it.

I don't come here anymore. MDC has become overgrown with ads & useless extra forums.
#3 of 8 Old 01-05-2011, 09:59 PM

I kept mine as my desk chair, or tried to--the kids were always moving it. I've decluttered one twice and am thinking of buying a third! I think you just have to make your peace w/ having a big ugly ball that may or may not stay put in your house.

#4 of 8 Old 01-07-2011, 08:31 AM

I was this > . < close to donating mine but then I got pregnant (yay!) and it's awesome to use as a birthing ball. Anyway, ours is deflatable, so we deflated it and will inflate it when the time comes for babe to be born. Also good for bouncing babes...the thing to inflate it is small and inexpensive too (and inflates other balls as well). That might be an option.

Christ-centered loving wife & mama to 2 miracles! One & one . We live simply and mindfully. Expecting another blessing Feb 2015
#5 of 8 Old 01-07-2011, 10:28 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Can it go in the garage? The attic space?  DONATE!

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#6 of 8 Old 01-08-2011, 01:16 AM

My DH got annoyed with my yoga ball getting in the way so he deflated it.

It felt very deflating too....

Must admit that was when we lived in a small space....I am thinking of reinflating now we have more space!  Probably keep it in the garage while not in use.

SAHM to three
#7 of 8 Old 01-08-2011, 03:45 AM

Mine is in the basement.  Putting a little towel under it keeps it from rolling around.  I don't want to get rid of it because it works great for doing sit-up/crunches.  I figured if I'm ever motivated enough to do any kind of exercising, I'll be motivated enough to go in the basement and use it there - away from the kids.

treehugger.gif Wife of over 10 years to hard working DH and Mom to DS (25)violin.gif,DD1 (10)joy.gif and : DD2 (6)joy.gif 
#8 of 8 Old 01-08-2011, 09:00 PM

I have a 65 CM anti-burst stay-ball, it has a weight or something (feels like a bean bag) inside of it that keeps it from moving. Mine is mostly deflated right now, but as soon as we get our bedroom reorganized/rearranged, I'm planning on giving it a corner in there. I won't keep it in the main part of the house, because the kids want to kick it and throw it around, or they try to sit on it and get hurt. I also have a smaller ball (the next size down maybe) that stays inflated, but fits easily in our bedroom closet. It also fits in our bathtub/shower, which I am anticipating could come in handy during our homebirth in July...

doula, wife to Dave ribbonyellow.gif, mom to Noah (5/14/06) superhero.gifand Faith (11/13/08) ribbonlime.gif (Gastroschisis Awareness) 127 days in the NICU, and 6 weeks thousands of miles from home, because of gastroschisis.  Expecting #3 2ndtri.gif July 2011! computergeek2.gif www.frugallynatural.org

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page