Motivated Moms Question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-07-2011, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

For those of you who use Motivated Moms, which version are you using?  What do you like/don't like about it?

I am pretty sure I have decided to purchase this program.  I like the idea of having a list of what I need to get done, and even having it available for DH when he helps out so I don't get any "But I didn't know what you wanted me to do."  But I can't decide on which version to use.

I like the idea of having the list on the fridge, so the page-per-week would go well.  But I also like the idea of using it as an agenda.  Either page-per-day in a binder, or the half-page and maybe getting it spiral bound or something.  I just don't want to be overrun with paper, which is one of my challenges. 

So which do you use, and why?

Wife to DH (06/10) and Mummy to DD (07/08).

#2 of 6 Old 01-07-2011, 10:53 AM

I used to buy the 2 weeks/page (week/half page) to save paper and I liked it.  I liked being able to look ahead to the rest of the week and next week and see if there was anything I could do early.  Then last year I decided to try the page per day so I'd have more room to write appointments on and I found I had a really hard time following the list.  I could only see one day at a time and I just didn't like that.  This year I bought the week/page (b/c I forgot about the 2 week/page option) and yeah I'mn liking it much better than the page/day.

#3 of 6 Old 01-07-2011, 11:16 AM

I am so glad you asked this!  I was thinking "well, $8 is a great price, I don't mind paying it" until I started thinking about the cost of printer ink and stuff. If I can do 2 weeks per page, that will be great!

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#4 of 6 Old 01-08-2011, 01:04 AM

I have the page per week one, I have the pile of print outs on my desk kept together with a bulldog clip, and just keep the latest one on top.

I also have found it handy multitasking it as a kind of desk diary, and I also jot down my meal plan for the week in the space on the right hand side.

SAHM to three
#5 of 6 Old 01-08-2011, 05:36 AM

I have the page per week one. I printed them out, used the 3 hole punch, and put them in a binder. I like that I can fold the binder cover under itself so I don't have the entire thing laying open on my teeny kitchen counter, and when I want to put it up, I can close the binder and stand it up, taking up no space at all.

I like the print out I got b/c I like to look at the entire week at one time. If I skip some things (like this week I skipped mopping the kitchen floor b/c we went to a friend's house that day), I can still see them easily and do them the next day or later in the week. Also, I can "mentally prep" myself for what's coming up over the next few days.

I can't imagine how the layout of 2 weeks on one page would look. Seems like so many tasks to cram into such a small space.

#6 of 6 Old 01-08-2011, 09:24 AM

I did the one page per week last year and also added my menu plans for the week to it. This year I am using the Iphone app. The way it is set up I only see the day at a time. I like that because if I miss a task, the next day I don't have to look at what I missed doing. I know it will come up again anyway.

For paper my vote is the page per week.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page