Jumping up and down! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-09-2011, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

We have lived here nine years.  Dh is in IT.  The home office has been impassible and unusable (like, pathological) for most of the time with boxes filled with paperwork, piles of cords, and stacks and stacks of cardboard boxes, some with appliances in them, most of them empty.  I filled two whole street-side recycle bins with boxes and papers.  We hauled lots and lots of piles of ...stuff... to the dining room to be sorted (keep, give away, toss), we filled a large box with paper to be shredded (we've ruined two shredders, both of them have been sitting in the office since then).  Over the years Dh has brought home lots of stuff from software and computer show vendors, so there is now a stack of computer bags adorned with lots and lots of company logos, and one pretty nice backpack from Sun Microsystems, ready to go ...somewhere. Not really sure what to do with those yet.

So we cleared the entire floor and I mopped it. Oh my word, I had to dump the cleaning water and start with fresh half way through, it was sooooo dirty and dusty. Insane.   The floor looks great now! 

We did haul some boxes of stuff back in, but it's all stacked neatly in a corner. 

There's still a lot of work to be done. The desk is still completely covered with stacks of papers, computers, key boards, baskets of crap and of course lots of wires going who knows where.  The dining room is still full of many boxes and piles to be sorted. But this is a huge step.  It's been a long time coming (obviously).

And I ordered a Freedom Filer to help out with our paperwork. Too bad it'll be two weeks before it gets here. http://www.freedomfiler.com/

Very exciting.  I'm full of enthusiasm now, hope it lasts.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-10-2011, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Way to go! Hopefully it will be like a domino effect and keep inspiring you to go further and further :) I think starting is often one of the most difficult parts of these journeys so you're well on your way. Keep us updated :)

Grace-based wife & mama to 2 unschoolers! One & . We live simply & mindfully. Expecting another blessing Feb 2015 Praying for another
#3 of 5 Old 01-10-2011, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

irked.gif Of course the dog took this opportunity to poo in there last night.  Lesson learned: close the door before bed! *sigh*

Regardless, I woke up this morning still inspired.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#4 of 5 Old 01-11-2011, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Your post is so inspiring.  The "office" (read: "storage room") is always the most cluttered in our house b/c dh stores all his old computer junk, books, golf clubs, wires/cords/etc. in there and he is organizationally-challenged.  I've longed to have that room cleared out for the entire 3 years that we have lived here.  It seems such a waste to me that that room is just used for storage, really.  My work desk is in there, but I have it facing the wall so that I don't have to look at dh's stuff while I work...still drives me crazy though.  And yet I can't get him to help me declutter it, but he would be SO mad if I went in and tried to do it by myself.... :(

Laura- Wife to Jose, Mami to Adela (9/02) reading.gif, Lucas (2/04) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, and Ray (10/10) baby.gif.

#5 of 5 Old 01-11-2011, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post

Over the years Dh has brought home lots of stuff from software and computer show vendors, so there is now a stack of computer bags adorned with lots and lots of company logos, and one pretty nice backpack from Sun Microsystems, ready to go ...somewhere. Not really sure what to do with those yet.

Foster care organizations like bags like that so the kids have a place to put their stuff when the move. Our elem. school is doing a baggage drive. 

Congrats on the massive clean-up. I'm definitely in a funk about my house today. Home with DD who isn't helping at all. 

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page