How to get super motivated to de-clutter..... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-12-2011, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

...schedule a donation pick-up so you don't have to haul all the junk to the donation center.  Seriously- I called Monday, the pick-up is going to be on Friday, and I have been de-cluttering like a madwoman!  Anytime the baby sleeps, I'm conquering another area with a big trash bag of stuff accumulating to give away. yeah!!!

Now if only dh and the kids don't find any of it before it makes it way out of the house!  We still have a long way to go before it feels "zen" around here, but even just having 10 bags of stuff gone will feel good.

Laura- Wife to Jose, Mami to Adela (9/02) reading.gif, Lucas (2/04) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, and Ray (10/10) baby.gif.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 01-12-2011, 02:26 AM

I wish there were something like that here. When I want to donate something I have to haul all the stuff down to the charity bins in my shopping cart, which doesn't fit much. Sometimes I bring a bag or two along with us to drop off on the way if my husband is driving us somewhere, but only if I know he won't object to letting go of what's in the bags! winky.gif

Good luck keeping everything out of sight until Friday!

#3 of 9 Old 01-12-2011, 10:13 AM

oh, i should do this!  i've done it in the past, so not sure why it didn't occur to me - i've got a lot of stuff ready to go and just haven't made the effort to get it out of the house.  this would take care of it and probably help me get more stuff out.

#4 of 9 Old 01-12-2011, 10:50 AM

dp

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#5 of 9 Old 01-12-2011, 10:51 AM

Oh, I wish they did that here!  Good luck with decluttering!

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#6 of 9 Old 01-13-2011, 04:01 PM

I wish there was a place that did pick up here to I checked and they only do pick up of furniture and big items . the back of my car is full of stuff to go must convince myself to drop off soon

#7 of 9 Old 01-14-2011, 08:55 AM

Yeah - it's nice when you can schedule the pick-up.  I called a couple of weeks ago and they are coming Monday mornin - I've got piles of boxes and bags in my spare bedroom waiting - I can't wait for it to be all gone!  I think I'll make it a regular habit to schedule pick-ups once a month!

#8 of 9 Old 01-14-2011, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

A couple of charities call me every couple months to say a truck will be in our area, do we want to schedule a pickup? Pretty nice to get that reminder to clear out what we need to without even having to call them myself.

#9 of 9 Old 01-14-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieCatheryn View Post

A couple of charities call me every couple months to say a truck will be in our area, do we want to schedule a pickup? Pretty nice to get that reminder to clear out what we need to without even having to call them myself.

We have this too! I have a rule to never say "no". I am sure that I can find at least a small bag of stuff. Once you say yes everytime they call, it seems that they call even more often!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page