Please help me declutter the playroom :) (pictures) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-13-2011, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Here is the album -

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=41756&id=515969979&l=74c62a35c8

This is all of their toys, with the exception of the play kitchen they got for christmas- which I cannot fit in the room, because it is wall to wall. 

Now I realize you guys don't know what gets played with and what doesn't- so I am trying to get rid of everything that doesn't get played with and I tagged in the pictures things that are gone. 

Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.  Thank you!

#2 of 6 Old 01-13-2011, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter

I have actuallly changed quite a bit already.. I will get new pictures up soon.  No ideas?

#3 of 6 Old 01-13-2011, 05:56 AM

Just from looking at the photos, I wonder if there's too much stuff in that room?  To me, it looks like most stuff is organized fairly well, but there are a few shelves with random stuff on them.  Have you thought about keeping less in the actual play area and rotating toys in and out, to make them new and interesting again to the kids?

Is there a specific issue/problem that you need help with?

lady.gif mama to H. 4/05 and A. 9/08 and baby C. 10/11

#4 of 6 Old 01-13-2011, 08:24 PM

Looks like you got a lot of stuff out all ready! Great job! Do you want the play kitchen in there or near your real kitchen?
#5 of 6 Old 01-14-2011, 06:28 AM

I just saw the pics you added yesterday.  Nicely done.  I know I would enjoy playing in that room.  biggrinbounce.gif

Baby on my hip, preschooler on my lap, kindergartener climbing my back, bird on my shoulder, dog at my feet, DH holding us all together.  love.gif

stork-suprise.gif arriving Jun 2014

#6 of 6 Old 01-20-2011, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicaG View Post

Just from looking at the photos, I wonder if there's too much stuff in that room?  To me, it looks like most stuff is organized fairly well, but there are a few shelves with random stuff on them.  Have you thought about keeping less in the actual play area and rotating toys in and out, to make them new and interesting again to the kids?

Is there a specific issue/problem that you need help with?

You were right, the organization options had pretty much been exhausted, and it was just a matter of too much stuff.  I can't rotate toys because there is no other place in the apartment for them! Sorry I didn't respond sooner.. I was going crazy getting rid of stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamitaM View Post

Looks like you got a lot of stuff out all ready! Great job! Do you want the play kitchen in there or near your real kitchen?

Thank you! I felt a little sick to my stomach getting rid of all those toys, worrying the kids would be mad or sad.  They didn't even notice and that was a huge huge relief!  They love the new room.  I guess the play kitchen is staying near the real kitchen.  My 4 year old said that's where she wants to play with it : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakdat View Post

I just saw the pics you added yesterday.  Nicely done.  I know I would enjoy playing in that room.  biggrinbounce.gif

Thank you :) We are enjoying it so much more now!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page