Compact 2011 and 'stuff' - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-16-2011, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

I know I'm over thinking this but I want some input.

I have yet again said this is the year of the 'compact'. Im not buying anything DS 10 or I dont need. We are going to make due with what we have- and trust me, we have tons of things.

DS recieved numerous lego sets for Christmas, with these came 2 boxes for 'free' fills from the lego wall at the lego store.  Now this costs me nothing and isnt  purchase per se and DS knows we wont be buying when we go fill them.  I was going to surpise him with a trip to fill them on Monday (tomorrow).  However part of me is saying to just keep them until later and give them as part of his Easter Basket (I have until 3/30/11) to use them at Lego. 

DS is 10 so I can probably take him tomorrow, let him pick out the pieces he wants and even put them away until Easter (duh... why didnt I just think of that).

He also has a $25 gift card to the lego store but he wants to save that for 'later' and I fully suppor that decision. We do NOT need more stuff right now!

WWYD?

I did have a score one for the compact earlier this weekend, I was goign to buy v-day card kits for the swap, but we have so many craft suppiles here DS is just going to use our stuff and make the 20 cards... I save $5 and maybe one day we will use up these foamies, constuction paper, stickers etc.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-16-2011, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'd wait on the legos a little while and set a reminder in my phone so I didn't forget about the expiration date.

Mom to: Honey (6/04) and Bunny (9/09)
#3 of 4 Old 01-18-2011, 04:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Maybe you can have him downsize some other toys he doesn't play with between now and Easter, and then do the legos as an Easter surprise?

It's hard denying your kids things isn't it? So hard for me!

#4 of 4 Old 01-20-2011, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Well we went on Monday and got the 'free' boxes of lego pieces. (but nothing else) and I put them away for his Easter Basket.  DS did some shopping while we were at the LEGO store so if he gets more $$ between now and easter he can get the item he wants OR he can sell some legos to get the next set but I am not spending money. DS is aware of this. 

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page